Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Questions about Steering wheel controls/navigation/bluetooth/ipod

Search this Thread

Old Nov 1, 2008, 02:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Questions about Steering wheel controls/navigation/bluetooth/ipod

Does the evo have steering wheel mounted controls that allow you to control the stereo/ipod and navigation?

Is the navigation voice activated?

How is the quality of blue tooth? does the radio automatically turn down when a call comes in?

does the ipod jack allow you to control you ipod like apple intended? you dont have to scroll through 900 songs correct? you can pick and choose your playlists/artists etc?

Thanks

Also with the navigation and SSS packages, does the stereo have speed sensitive sound? goes up automatically when you get on the highway or accelerate etc...
Old Nov 1, 2008, 02:18 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by evilutionX
Does the evo have steering wheel mounted controls that allow you to control the stereo/ipod and navigation?

on the '08 only MR comes with steering wheel audio controls and BT

Is the navigation voice activated?

no it is not

How is the quality of blue tooth? does the radio automatically turn down when a call comes in?

does the ipod jack allow you to control you ipod like apple intended? you dont have to scroll through 900 songs correct? you can pick and choose your playlists/artists etc?

you control the ipod yourself, you cannot use the deck to choose a song or playlist, you control it like you were using it normally

Thanks

Also with the navigation and SSS packages, does the stereo have speed sensitive sound? goes up automatically when you get on the highway or accelerate etc...

there is an option for speed controlled equalizer, but it doesn't adjust the volume when speeding up/slowing down
answers in bold
Old Nov 1, 2008, 02:22 PM

wow that kind of stinks for the cost. Any reason to get the factory and not aftermarket then? My wifes civic Si navigation does all of it on a 24K car. Pretty dissappointing!
Can you burn your ipod list to the hard drive? or will it not burn/play apples format?
Old Nov 1, 2008, 02:32 PM
Evolved Member

wow that kind of stinks for the cost. Any reason to get the factory and not aftermarket then? My wifes civic Si navigation does all of it on a 24K car. Pretty dissappointing!
Can you burn your ipod list to the hard drive? or will it not burn/play apples format?
i haven't tried with mp3's. i know that cd's copy automatically to the HD. Main reason I didn't go aftermarket is because I wanted the steering wheel controls, and I like the maintenance feature on the stock nav. BT and steering wheel controls are not that hard to add to the gsr, i have the audio controls installed and it was pretty easy.

i just checked my x, i had the speed compensated volume and eq turned on. but i didn't notice any difference, i'll have to check my manual and mess with the settings when i drive it later on tonight

as far as the si's nav goes, i like the interface more. it is a lot more user friendly, i daily drive a civic si lol. ill have to mess with the nav a bit more when i have sometime
Old Nov 1, 2008, 02:50 PM

can blue tooth be added to the gsr? it sure is lacking alot for the price of that unit. I agree that the Honda unit is solid, very intuititive and the steering wheel controls are ergomically superior than most units out there.

Im debating between the BMW 135. I wonder if it has these features???? any insight?

Last edited by evilutionX; Nov 1, 2008 at 02:53 PM.
Old Nov 1, 2008, 03:00 PM
Evolved Member

can blue tooth be added to the gsr? it sure is lacking alot for the price of that unit. I agree that the Honda unit is solid, very intuititive and the steering wheel controls are ergomically superior than most units out there.

Im debating between the BMW 135. I wonder if it has these features???? any insight?
BT can be added but you need to take it to the dealer to have them program it so that the car recognizes the bt unit.

as far as the 135 goes, i hate the looks. interior seems bland compared to other european car manufacturers. seems pretty cramped inside, the salesman says the interior is the same as a e46 coupe, but with more headroom. which i think is BS since i have an e46 m3 and the rear seems a lot roomier than the 135. im pretty sure BT is an option in the 135, i forget, didn't look it over much, only slightly because my dad wanted to buy it for my mom. but she said the car was hideous if you're spending BMW money, i'd spend a little more and o for the 335, but that's just my opinion.