Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Theory on delay of 2009 Evo X

Search this Thread

Old Dec 19, 2008, 12:07 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by MrBonus
I think the fact that there are thousands of 2008s still sitting on dealer lots at heft discounts is a more plausible explanation.
Might be in other states, but they only have 3 or 4 left in california. (2008 STI's). I've been looking for one as a gift for my wife's graduation.
Old Dec 19, 2008, 12:27 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
THERE IS NO DELAY!!!

I don't understand why people are getting all worked up over the '09's.
- There will not be a substantial increase in power. Where do you get this from??
- '09's will be here in the winter of early '09. they hold them because of the release of the '08's. Many places didn't get the '08's until Feb/March. so they will come, just be patient...

it happened exactly like this with the '03-'04 model year. there will mostlikely be hardly any changes, just like the '03-'04.

I can almost assure you it has nothing to do with Subaru or anyone else!!! You can take that to the bank. I have no idea where the original poster came up with that idea. If anything changes, it would have to deal with the economy. The only thing I can see is that they might not ship as many over in 2009. 50% less, probably not, but maybe 25-30% less.... does that make them extremely limited, no. but maybe a little less so the dealers don't have to carry as much stock if they are not going to sell because of the economy.

The 2007 model year was a fluke due to the redesign of the X. They will not skip a year this year into the new model. Nothing more.....so don't try to read into it....
Old Dec 19, 2008, 12:41 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by steinvb12
THERE IS NO DELAY!!!

I don't understand why people are getting all worked up over the '09's.
- There will not be a substantial increase in power. Where do you get this from??
- '09's will be here in the winter of early '09. they hold them because of the release of the '08's. Many places didn't get the '08's until Feb/March. so they will come, just be patient...

it happened exactly like this with the '03-'04 model year. there will mostlikely be hardly any changes, just like the '03-'04.

I can almost assure you it has nothing to do with Subaru or anyone else!!! You can take that to the bank. I have no idea where the original poster came up with that idea. If anything changes, it would have to deal with the economy. The only thing I can see is that they might not ship as many over in 2009. 50% less, probably not, but maybe 25-30% less.... does that make them extremely limited, no. but maybe a little less so the dealers don't have to carry as much stock if they are not going to sell because of the economy.

The 2007 model year was a fluke due to the redesign of the X. They will not skip a year this year into the new model. Nothing more.....so don't try to read into it....
According to the biggest seller of Evos in the country there will be no 09s in the US.

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ev...oming-u-s.html
Old Dec 19, 2008, 01:16 PM
Evolving Member

anyone tried calling mitsubishi and asking???
Old Dec 19, 2008, 01:21 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by MrBonus
I think the fact that there are thousands of 2008s still sitting on dealer lots at heft discounts is a more plausible explanation.
absolutely correct! no one wants to buy this overweight, overpriced car, with an automatic-like transmission, that looks worse than a Huyndai Tiburon, and performs worse than a Chevy Cobalt SS

btw, flame suit is on
Old Dec 19, 2008, 01:51 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by S6devil
absolutely correct! no one wants to buy this overweight, overpriced car, with an automatic-like transmission, that looks worse than a Huyndai Tiburon, and performs worse than a Chevy Cobalt SS

btw, flame suit is on
Judging from your car collection, you have pretty poor taste anyway so I can see why you'd pick a Tiburon over the X for looks.
Old Dec 19, 2008, 02:05 PM
Evolving Member

Poor taste? That's a good-looking collection IMO. Although I do like the looks of X much more than the IX.
Old Dec 19, 2008, 04:29 PM

Prolly a little of both theories (slow sales and the new WRX)
Old Dec 19, 2008, 04:45 PM
EvoM Administrator

Received 39 Likes on 26 Posts

btw, flame suit is on
So ugly and overweight you spend your time trolling the X threads... your opinion is irrelevant, as are your cars to this discussion.
Old Dec 19, 2008, 06:11 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by adambl03
Just going to throw this out to the forum.

I wonder if the 2009 Evo X has been delayed because of the new 2009 WRX. The new WRX provides similar acceleration (some magazines say it's faster) than the Evo X for about $10k less. Now, it doesn't handle like an Evo X, but to get similar acceleration is a pretty good bang for the buck. You also have to think that Subaru is going to come out with a much faster STI...they almost have to. They can't go out to market with an STI that is slower than the WRX.

So, I wonder if Mitsu was caught off-guard by Subaru's move with the WRX (and potential move(s) with the 2009 STI). I feel like they've been feverishly working to bump up HP and TQ in the 2009 Evo X so that it will handily blow away the new WRX and STI.

This competition between the Mitsu and Subaru will only mean better (faster) cars for all of us!

What do you guys think?
No that is the last thing on their mind right now. It is all because of the economy and the declining US automarket, espcially for a niche car.
Old Dec 19, 2008, 07:17 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
It may be 10 k less or so... but the WRX doesn't have the ability to handle like the STI or the EVO... ANY of the Evo's for that matter. Put a good set of brakes and all of the suspension parts that the STI or Evo has and you'll run that tab up quite a bit... maybe not 10k worth... but it would be a pretty penny. A WRX will never be an STI just like the RA will never be an EVO.
Old Dec 19, 2008, 07:20 PM
Evolved Member

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts
Originally Posted by CaliMR
The Evo has never handily blown away the Sti.

There is a 2009 model, they just might not bring it to the US. Like with the 2007s
I remember reading that the CT9A Evo did not meet certain safety regulations in 2007, hence the extended run of '06 Evo IXs and the absence of true '07s.
Old Dec 19, 2008, 07:40 PM
FJF
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by DeeezNuuuts83
I remember reading that the CT9A Evo did not meet certain safety regulations in 2007, hence the extended run of '06 Evo IXs and the absence of true '07s.
That's true, yet they still sold +8,000 Evos in '06 and '07, which is right in line with the preceding USDM sales.
Old Dec 20, 2008, 07:26 AM

Originally Posted by adambl03
Just going to throw this out to the forum.

I wonder if the 2009 Evo X has been delayed because of the new 2009 WRX. The new WRX provides similar acceleration (some magazines say it's faster) than the Evo X for about $10k less. Now, it doesn't handle like an Evo X, but to get similar acceleration is a pretty good bang for the buck. You also have to think that Subaru is going to come out with a much faster STI...they almost have to. They can't go out to market with an STI that is slower than the WRX.

So, I wonder if Mitsu was caught off-guard by Subaru's move with the WRX (and potential move(s) with the 2009 STI). I feel like they've been feverishly working to bump up HP and TQ in the 2009 Evo X so that it will handily blow away the new WRX and STI.

This competition between the Mitsu and Subaru will only mean better (faster) cars for all of us!

What do you guys think?
While the current economy is a big factor, I agree that regardless of economy, Subaru has thrown down a major challenge and Mitsu has to respond. There's no way they can expect like $40K for Evo when the quicker WRX is only $26K. That's simple logic, regardless of economy.

Mitsu basically has 3 choices: go big, go cheap, or both. Lowering prices on Evo only destroys the brand value, imo, so Mitsu has to go big, and raise the power. I would like to see Evo with 400bhp from the factory. and upgrade the SST to handle at least 450tq. at same or slightly lower prices than 2008
Old Dec 20, 2008, 07:55 AM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

btw, flame suit is on
another ignorant poster who has never driven an X....I love these people!

Quick Reply: Theory on delay of 2009 Evo X