Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

WTF is wrong w/my Evo - PART II

Search this Thread

Old Dec 31, 2008, 08:45 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
the problem is on the front bumper, its also on the trunk if u haven't removed it yet. Also check the middle of the steering wheel. The problem is Def there as well
Old Dec 31, 2008, 01:04 PM
Evolving Member

I don't give a **** what is considered a 'wear and tear'. There is ZERO reason a clutch should go @ 600 miles. ZERO. if they denied fixing it for me I would give them the title to the car right there and tell them to take it back. The problem is mitsu is f'in ****** about warranty stuff. I work @ a BMW dealer and we have guys come in when their M5's act up above 160mph and they warranty it. Mitsu will give you **** about your warranty if you sneeze in the car and get snot on the steering wheel.

Theres people getting yokohama to warranty their evo tires because their not wearing right, thats a wear and tear item. I don't see this being different. If anything you could actually wear the tires out in 600mi if you tried.
Old Jan 8, 2009, 04:34 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by WWevoX
Isn't it a lil absurd that a wear and tear item would void your warranty! I can understand why they would say that because an upgraded clutch would bite better and could possibly put the power that was ment to be put at the wheel to be put there.

So when you upgrade your brakes to bite harder does that void warranty? Can't taking a 3000+lb car going so fast and stopping it in a heart beat put some stress on other parts on the car?

Luckily for me I bought my car from SCM and I don't have to deal with that BS.

I hope everything works out for you.
I bought my car at SCM, but I am too far to take it back to them. They wouldn't void my warranty... they were just saying that repair can't be done on mitsubishi's dime.

At this point they forgot to order the flywheel and so we had to wait a week for that due to the holidays. Now that they have the flywheel, they find out that they are no allowed to use Permatex RTV. Mitsubishi requires them to use Three Bond number 1227B and no one at mitsubishi has this stuff in stock. So they have no idea when my car will be fixed. So its been around three weeks and I have no idea when this will be done. They did give me a teal colored Hyundai Tucson (worst car evar) for a loaner.

So I bought my car in late October and it took my three weeks to get the car home from California. I got my car in late November due in part to some requirements to have the car registered prior to it leaving the lot and also the shipping company took two weeks to deliver my car. Then three weeks later we have serious problems and I haven't really driven my car since. Why oh why didn't I just keep my Evo IX!?
Old Jan 8, 2009, 06:20 PM
Account Disabled

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by EvoG8r
I bought my car at SCM, but I am too far to take it back to them. They wouldn't void my warranty... they were just saying that repair can't be done on mitsubishi's dime.

At this point they forgot to order the flywheel and so we had to wait a week for that due to the holidays. Now that they have the flywheel, they find out that they are no allowed to use Permatex RTV. Mitsubishi requires them to use Three Bond number 1227B and no one at mitsubishi has this stuff in stock. So they have no idea when my car will be fixed. So its been around three weeks and I have no idea when this will be done. They did give me a teal colored Hyundai Tucson (worst car evar) for a loaner.

So I bought my car in late October and it took my three weeks to get the car home from California. I got my car in late November due in part to some requirements to have the car registered prior to it leaving the lot and also the shipping company took two weeks to deliver my car. Then three weeks later we have serious problems and I haven't really driven my car since. Why oh why didn't I just keep my Evo IX!?
What the crap!
Old Jan 8, 2009, 09:32 PM

I'd be pretty pissed off and would demand that they do something now. You're paying/paid for the car but it's sitting in the dealership's garage with 1100 miles on it for over 3 weeks?

Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war.

-X
Old Jan 8, 2009, 09:59 PM
Account Disabled

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I think there is a time limit for Lemon law. Like a certain amount of weeks and visits to the dealer and you have grounds for Lemon Law.
Old Jan 8, 2009, 11:04 PM
Evolved Member

I think we need to look at the actual law itself, because I think it has to have been at the dealership more than once and have a combined downtime for the same problem of a month or two, I could be way off but I remember something about it being a repetetive problem... this so far has just been the one problem, and its not the problem thats holding the car up, its the lame dealership.

Sorry about your troubles man, once all said and done and you get some mileage on that beast, I am positive that you will love the car.
Old Jan 9, 2009, 03:36 PM
Evolved Member

I don't want a new car. The lemon law is different depending on what state you are in. I took the car in for the same problem three times.

First time was a misdiagnosis and they flashed the ECU to fix the problem.
Second time was clutch slipping, warranty claim denied.
Third time was correctly diagnosed as rear main seal leak causing clutch to go out.
Old Jan 12, 2009, 08:11 AM
Evolving Member

^
You have the order wrong. Remember the order, cause this is important:

Rape, Pillage then Burn.

I really hate it when the burning starts first.
Old Jan 15, 2009, 03:16 PM
Evolved Member

LOL, I appreciate the offers of destruction.

So they finally put my car together with an approved mitsubishi RTV. I called the dealer and asked if I could come pick my car up. I am told it was put back together and it is still leaking AND its worse then before!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am so tired of not driving my car.

I cam back from deployment and bought this car on 21 October. The car was delivered to me a month later due to some requirements we had to meet from the dealer (had to register the car before it could be delivered by truck). Car was shipped and arrived on 21 November. Three weeks later I started experiencing problems. Now it has been in the car since before xmas.

I called my case manager to complain. Mitsubishi corporate is sending an engineer tomorrow. She said she will also explore the possibility of upgrading my loaner to something comparible to the Evo. I can only hope they can work something out. I told her I am tired of driving a friggin Hyundai Tucson (I call it the Tuscan Raider). I actually like driving my wife's Honda Odyssey minivan much better then that POS. I also am told the district rep will be there tomorrow, so you know I will be there to meet these yahoos and get an explaination from them.

Oh well, at least I have a lot of other positive things in my life to be thankful for!
Old Jan 15, 2009, 03:27 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by EvoG8r
LOL, I appreciate the offers of destruction.

So they finally put my car together with an approved mitsubishi RTV. I called the dealer and asked if I could come pick my car up. I am told it was put back together and it is still leaking AND its worse then before!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am so tired of not driving my car.

I cam back from deployment and bought this car on 21 October. The car was delivered to me a month later due to some requirements we had to meet from the dealer (had to register the car before it could be delivered by truck). Car was shipped and arrived on 21 November. Three weeks later I started experiencing problems. Now it has been in the car since before xmas.

I called my case manager to complain. Mitsubishi corporate is sending an engineer tomorrow. She said she will also explore the possibility of upgrading my loaner to something comparible to the Evo. I can only hope they can work something out. I told her I am tired of driving a friggin Hyundai Tucson (I call it the Tuscan Raider). I actually like driving my wife's Honda Odyssey minivan much better then that POS. I also am told the district rep will be there tomorrow, so you know I will be there to meet these yahoos and get an explaination from them.

Oh well, at least I have a lot of other positive things in my life to be thankful for!
Damn worse then before????? That is BS!
Old Jan 15, 2009, 04:22 PM
Evolving Member

My friend drive Evo IX MR 30K miles stock clutch butter transmission. On the other hand my X 8K miles is in worst condition than his
Old Jan 15, 2009, 04:56 PM
Evolved Member

I had 26k on the stock clutch on my IX when I sold it. I wish it was the same with the X, but this is a first year car.
Old Jan 15, 2009, 05:13 PM

Man, what a horror story! I have to commend you, you seem to be taking it all in stride, now go curb check that Hundai!
Old Jan 16, 2009, 09:11 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by strat10
Man, what a horror story! I have to commend you, you seem to be taking it all in stride, now go curb check that Hundai!
Agreed. Quite the ordeal you're going through with a brand new car but remaining level-headed will expedite your cars return alot faster than flying off the handle, which i'm sure you've wanted to do numerous times. Obviously getting your car returned is paramount but you should be compensated further for what you've endured with this car.

Quick Reply: WTF is wrong w/my Evo - PART II