Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Evolution X TSB / Recall Information

Search this Thread

Old Apr 29, 2010, 09:53 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Call distrtict manger...By law in US they have to service it.. not sure about SA
Old Apr 29, 2010, 11:12 AM
szk

I just got my 08 X serviced and the folks at Leith Mitsu in Raleigh said my specific car didn't need the fuel return replaced, but it did need the TCU AWC update.

Does anyone know if this scenario is possible or should I re-visit the issue with my stealership? I was under the impression that all 08 models needed the fuel return recall.
Old Apr 30, 2010, 03:58 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by szk
I just got my 08 X serviced and the folks at Leith Mitsu in Raleigh said my specific car didn't need the fuel return replaced, but it did need the TCU AWC update.

Does anyone know if this scenario is possible or should I re-visit the issue with my stealership? I was under the impression that all 08 models needed the fuel return recall.
The only way that would be possible is if your 08 already had the recall applied before you bought it, which isn't very likely...when did you get your 08? Otherwise, I would call another dealer or mitsu corporate - they should be able to look in their database to see if your VIN has been fixed.
Old May 11, 2010, 07:25 AM

can anyone provide the part number for the fuel line recall so i can do it myself
Old May 11, 2010, 07:26 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by jeangtd
can anyone provide the part number for the fuel line recall so i can do it myself
but then you're paying for it? You might be in my situation tho. No mitsu dealer within a good driving distance.
Old May 11, 2010, 07:37 AM

Originally Posted by CC16
but then you're paying for it? You might be in my situation tho. No mitsu dealer within a good driving distance.
I imported my car from the US, the dealer here wont touch it.
Old May 11, 2010, 09:53 AM

Originally Posted by szk

Have the dealership cross reference the VIN and your name / address and address associated with the VIN - they told me I already had the fuel pump and air-bag sensor recall done when I took mine in. Turns out someone in Alabama or something had entered my VIN (on accident or on purpose I have no idea) as the "serviced" VIN when they did those particular recalls. When my dealership asked if I had been to Alabama recently with my car, I told them no, and pointed out that with the number of miles on my odometer it would be physically impossible for me have to have driven there.
Old Nov 17, 2010, 09:09 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by jeangtd
I imported my car from the US, the dealer here wont touch it.
Did you buy it from a mitsubishi dealership in Columbia? Are there any tuning shops there? An option is to order the part and do it yourself or have a shop do it for you. OR go to this site http://www.mitsubishicorp.com/jp/en/.../colombia.html and ask a rep what are your options, the number is on the website. Good luck! I hope you get your car fixed.

Last edited by flipflop; Nov 17, 2010 at 09:20 PM. Reason: found website
Old Aug 12, 2011, 12:49 PM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
There seems to be another TSB or recall (they were not clear as to which when they left me a message) for the front impact sensors on some or all Evo Xs. If you want your airbags to fire if and only when needed, you might want to check in with your nearest dealer.
Old Aug 22, 2011, 02:53 AM

Originally Posted by Iowa999
There seems to be another TSB or recall (they were not clear as to which when they left me a message) for the front impact sensors on some or all Evo Xs. If you want your airbags to fire if and only when needed, you might want to check in with your nearest dealer.
Yeah, you're right, but it looks like it's only for 2008 X's and only for certain states.

I got this info from the Motortrend recall page:

http://www.motortrend.com/cars/2008/...ution/recalls/

Haven't seen anything for the 2010/2011 yet.
Old Aug 22, 2011, 03:14 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Iowa999
What... I thought I got this fixed already. I've lost track of all these TSB/recalls
Old Mar 3, 2012, 06:04 PM
Evolving Member

TSB-11-13-008

Summary:
MITSUBISHI: MALFUNCTION LIGHT IS ON WITH A STORED TROUBLE CODE RELATED TO THE CAMSHAFT SENSOR. THERE IS A PROGRAMMING ERROR CAUSING A MIS-DETECTION OF A FAULT. 2008-2011 LANCER EVOLUTION. *RM UPDATED 1/11/12. *PE

Related to timing stretch? Heard on another forum it's a timing chain calculation error causing a CEL but the chain is actually ok. Anyone like to confirm?

http://www.evoxforums.com/forums/sho...6&postcount=31

Last edited by omegis; Mar 3, 2012 at 07:43 PM.
Old Mar 7, 2012, 06:45 AM
Evolving Member

Any recall for the 2012 model?
Old Oct 25, 2012, 12:33 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by manolo2011
Any recall for the 2012 model?
+1

Would love to know if my 2012 has any TSBs that need checking up on.
Old May 16, 2013, 03:15 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
13's?

Quick Reply: Evolution X TSB / Recall Information