Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Hydroplaned Bad outcome

Search this Thread

Old Mar 11, 2009, 04:42 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
BTW what would AYC have to do with it, if anything I have felt the great advantages of AYC in the snow as of late, it has corrected my lines after a controlled slide wonderfully. It is the devil indeed, haha.
do a little research on AYC, it is too unpredictable.
Old Mar 11, 2009, 04:44 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 66 Likes on 42 Posts
what do you mean?

We have had AYC for the last 3 generations of CT9A and its pretty good - just make sure you are on the right setting...
Old Mar 11, 2009, 04:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
sheesh i gotta figure out how to post pics here.. yup noob..
Ok guys so just a quick update insurance called me back they gave a me an OK to fix it. But one problem i dont know what to do here help me out. I was all happy but until i called the shop and i asked them "well im going to get that new fender right?" Guy goes well insurance told us they want to try and fix it first.... arrrgh , do you guys think i should fight until i get a new fender or keep on trying other shops until someone agrees right off the bat to give it a new fender? Its a hard decision because i dont want a bondo fender on a brand new car that would just **** me off for life.
Now question for you guys does any one here have experience with this shop i kept looking for reviews online but cant find any... shop is CCA collision centers of america in St,Charles on Dukane road. Company is supposedly well know accross america but still i dont want to leave it there if the place is shady.
Again thanks for all the replies and views guys.
Old Mar 11, 2009, 04:50 PM
EvoM Guru

tell them the fender is aluminum which is notoriously hard to beat-out.

thus it will be cheaper to get a new fender...

dunno about shops there
Old Mar 11, 2009, 04:56 PM

yup i tried telling them excatly that, but they just keep on responding its not up to me or them , its up to what the insurance will want. Thats just great ugh well i guess i have no freakin choice but to let them cut her uP
Old Mar 11, 2009, 05:02 PM
EvoM Guru

do you have choice of reparier?

get 2 quotes..

one from a shop that (is expensive) to beat it out
other from a decent EVO shop to replace
Old Mar 11, 2009, 05:03 PM

what do you mean?

We have had AYC for the last 3 generations of CT9A and its pretty good - just make sure you are on the right setting...
you are talking about ACD (Gravel, Tarmac and Snow).

AYC is active Yaw Control, JDM Evos got it and the new Evo X has it for all markets (not sure about Australia.
Old Mar 11, 2009, 05:07 PM
EvoM Guru

yeah we got AYC.

I was under the impression that the ACD modes also operated the AYC.
Old Mar 11, 2009, 05:10 PM

nope just got one estimate came out to 2500 and that was priced out with a new fender which is 600. And now they are tellin me that the insurance wants to try and repair it first. Ill post up pictures in lil bit so you can see how it looks.
Old Mar 11, 2009, 05:12 PM
EvoM Guru

YOU talk to YOUR insurance... don't go through the repairer.. of course they want the most $$$'s
Old Mar 11, 2009, 05:15 PM

yeah we got AYC.

I was under the impression that the ACD modes also operated the AYC.
to be honest i am not certain. in my opinion, the AYC system works through the reservoir bottle in the trunk. it works hydraulically and controls torque to the back wheels.

this is what happened when i got into my accident:

guy pulled across my lane on the Hway. i pulled to avoid i was going around 120KM, the back began to feel loose and like it was going out. i should have just held it but instead i counter steered, the AYC counter steered me . this happened a few time till the AYC won . ending in my Evo meeting a railing.

i posted a vid on AYC effects on the Evo X before in the slalom and the times were much slower than a USDM Evo IX (non-AYC). the AYC did the exact same thing. it thought the car was loosing traction and corrected the actual steering of the driver.
Old Mar 11, 2009, 05:18 PM
EvoM Guru

hrmm you can't really compare an IX to an X thou

in your example shouldn't the ACD reduced power to the rear wheels because of the steering input?
Old Mar 11, 2009, 05:25 PM

hrmm you can't really compare an IX to an X thou

in your example shouldn't the ACD reduced power to the rear wheels because of the steering input?
IX > X *flamesuit on*....

thats like a shirt i have saying - " my Evo > your STI" lol

nope the ACD does not control power in that sense, to be honest the ACD setting are not fully understood.

Power Ratios:

Tarmac is 50/50?
Gravel 40/60?
Snow XX/XX?

i really dont know, but ACD wont switch to suit driving conditions, the AYC does that.

other Solodex (our version of autoX) drivers in Trinidad usually disable the AYC by unplugging the harness in the back of the car, this also diables the ACD system and defaults the car to Tarmac. so its really weird
Old Mar 11, 2009, 05:25 PM

do you think before i give the car to the shop i should talk the insurance into givin me that fender then? i know im annoying but just want to make a smart decision
Old Mar 11, 2009, 05:28 PM

do you think before i give the car to the shop i should talk the insurance into givin me that fender then? i know im annoying but just want to make a smart decision
if the fenders are aluminum go with new ones, hose will be hard to straighten! it will pretty much tear when being straightened.

post some pics of the car, i should be able to help you identify what part you need to get.

Quick Reply: Hydroplaned Bad outcome