Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Come on now Mitsubishi... Seriously?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 13, 2009, 01:40 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by UFO
Can't lemon Law it because you need to have the same problem 3 times. Everytime I take it in I ask them to fix the hesitation but they always state they can't reproduce the problem. Therefore, as far as everyone is concerned, I'm just imagining it and there isn't actually a problem, regardless of whether or not there exists a TSB for the exact same problem.
I don't know if it has been mentioned yet in the thread but another way you can take advantage of the lemon law is if your new car has been in the shop for an inordinate amount of time (at least it is that way in WA). Research that and you should be good. BTW - make sure you take it to Mitsu only. If you go somewhere else obviously that won't add to the time in the shop.

*edit after quickly skimming through the thread - cars come out of a factory differently. Some are stronger, some are weaker, and a whole bunch are in the middle. UFO, your car definitely seems to have problems that I would take up with the dealer, Mitsubishi directly, etc. Best of luck!

Last edited by yahu; Jul 13, 2009 at 01:51 PM.
Old Jul 13, 2009, 02:01 PM
Evolved Member

To the OP: it sounds like you're being more defensive than actually trying to help us help you.

YOUR car is coming apart pretty badly and I think you're definitely eligible for a new car under the lemon law.

But a lot of us are NOT having these issues and there's no reason to come off as a dick about it.

I've babied my car since the beginning and I see no signs of anything coming apart any time soon. I can't imagine what your car has been through...especially for the pillars to be falling off.
Old Jul 13, 2009, 02:05 PM
Evolved Member

no problems here. 9k miles
Old Jul 13, 2009, 02:06 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Oh yea and i have 16k on my car and still run the stock tires...

I think some of the issues that you have are valid, but if you own your evo long enough you will realize that it will go away or that is the character of the evo 10.
Old Jul 13, 2009, 02:14 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Noize
STIs have the chipping in the rear too. You have to address it with mudflaps ASAP, or the striking from rocks will just continue.
Subaru knew that problem, and addressed it quite promptly, the newer cars come with clear bra right in the problem area, and all the old ones got to go get it put on as well. My car is black and I have zero problems in that area and no mudflaps. You'd think Mitsubishi would do the same, if they haven't already...
Old Jul 13, 2009, 02:19 PM
Evolved Member

Well we do have aclear bra right on the rear fender arches, but some of the rocks go higher.... but i agree
Old Jul 13, 2009, 02:29 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by rogue
Well we do have aclear bra right on the rear fender arches, but some of the rocks go higher.... but i agree
not "some," more like *all.*
Old Jul 13, 2009, 02:34 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by UT_Evo

Subaru knew that problem, and addressed it quite promptly, the newer cars come with clear bra right in the problem area
Had my Evo 3M coated & mud flaps installed before I drove it off the lot. Nose, hood, side mirrors, and rocker panels.

6000 miles and it still looks good.

Old Jul 13, 2009, 02:36 PM

Originally Posted by empirepb210
its only your car, it sounds like a lemon and a piece of ****e
lmao!
Old Jul 13, 2009, 02:50 PM
UFO
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by 628
I've babied my car since the beginning and I see no signs of anything coming apart any time soon. I can't imagine what your car has been through...especially for the pillars to be falling off.
Whoa, hold on there sport. Are you suggesting that it was something that *I* did to make the A & C pillars fall off? Do you think I corner with such great force that I hold on to the pillars to prevent myself from falling out the vehicle? Do you work for Mitsubishi???

I certainly don't baby my car. Why would I pay $35K for a performance sedan to drive like Miss Daisy. I do, however, take very good care of the car.
Old Jul 13, 2009, 02:56 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by 628
I can't imagine what your car has been through...especially for the pillars to be falling off.
tell me, what do you think happened to our c-pillars for it to fall off like that? I wonder how much g-force is needed for the c-pillars to come off
Old Jul 13, 2009, 03:04 PM
Evolved Member

>1 yr of ownership. A few rockchips where there is no clear bra on hood that us much due to cleveland winters as anything other than that no issues, the dealer flashed the car2x with no complaints(call mitsu Corp office if the local guys won't play ball, gearbox notchy when cold at first but fine now, no rattles, knew the seats where cheap cloth so upgraded to leather package and have no issues.....

Bottom line, the quality control must have some weak spots since some have had no issues, some a few, some none.

I am very happy overall
Old Jul 13, 2009, 03:11 PM
Evolved Member

My car is babied, actually it's more than babied! I'm not here to bash Mitsubishi, I'm here because I was once very impressed with the entire line of EVO's, until I had to deal with Mitsubishi and found them to be rather sub par in the customer support department/defective recall issues. It's a little known fact guys, Mitsubishi was one of the largest recall scammer's... Do some research and you'll find that they've covered up numerous defects and issues, some leading to death and injuries and were charged with these issues in the court of law, I didn't find this out until I had to deal with them directly!

Once again I'm not saying all of Mitsubishi is bad, they have some great products but you can't deny the truth, Mitsubishi has been the worst company I've ever had to deal with thus far! And to all the moderator's, I'm not here to bash or chase people away as I drive a Mitsubishi myself and have for years, but this should silence some of the hate op's get for posting their problem's! I don't blame the EVO, I blame the man! Mitsubishi needs to take it on the chin for their willingness to dish out faulty vehicles, as all guilty counterparts do!

Here's the link to clarify this information!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UsereLarge/recall

http://www.enquirer.com/editions/200...hi_admits.html

http://www.usatoday.com/money/consum...s/mauto778.htm

http://www.autosafety.org/safety-sca...mes-mitsubishi

www.mitsubishisucks.com
Old Jul 13, 2009, 03:14 PM
Evolved Member

BTW, 40k cars shouldn't need clear bar to stop rock chips when 13k base econo cars have much better paint!
Old Jul 13, 2009, 03:52 PM
Evolving Member

Just remember these cars are built in Japan not Heaven.

Quick Reply: Come on now Mitsubishi... Seriously?