Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Come on now Mitsubishi... Seriously?

 
Old Jul 13, 2009, 07:07 AM
  #1  
UFO
Evolved Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (7)
 
UFO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 1,529
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Come on now Mitsubishi... Seriously?

So, my love/hate relationship with the Evo X continues.
  • Looks like somebody took a shotgun to the rear door area due to rock chips
  • Seats constantly coming apart (fixed by an upholstery shop)
  • Interior C pillar coverings randomly falling off
  • Rattle in dash, near windshield, that neither I or the dealer can find. It's driving me crazy.
  • Rattle under steering wheel that was 2 nuts that weren't even finger tight.
  • Car hesitates at 5K RPM. Stealership refuses to reflash
  • MAF is blown right now. Driving round in limp mode until I can get it taken care of
  • 2nd & 3rd gear still grind. Stealership says nothing is wrong
  • Car still smells like burnt clutch everytime I get on the gas in earnest
  • Is it really this slow?
  • Had the hood latch recall done (although mine was fine) and now the plastics down there don't fit right

There's a bunch of stuff I'm forgetting too. I know I'm going to hear, "it's an Evo, you have to expect these things," but I never had any of these problems with either of my 2 previous Evos, one of which was a new '03.

So, my Evo's gift to me for today?



It's difficult to see and I'd just pushed it back in to place when I took the pic but the A-pillar plastic is now hanging off.
UFO is offline  
Old Jul 13, 2009, 07:43 AM
  #2  
628
Evolved Member
iTrader: (1)
 
628's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Hollywood, CA.
Posts: 512
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
40,000 miles, purchased in February '08 and the only issue I have is rattles.

Definitely something wrong with just your car.
628 is offline  
Old Jul 13, 2009, 07:53 AM
  #3  
Evolving Member
iTrader: (2)
 
fame118's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: new york
Posts: 185
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i dont have any issues with my X except the paint sucks.
fame118 is offline  
Old Jul 13, 2009, 07:54 AM
  #4  
UFO
Evolved Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (7)
 
UFO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 1,529
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 628 View Post
40,000 miles, purchased in February '08 and the only issue I have is rattles.

Definitely something wrong with just your car.
So, my car is the only car that suffers from the 5K hesitation, MAF issues, dash rattle, 2nd/3rd gear grind, and has the seats falling apart. Really? Hey, I bought mine in February too; we're special.
UFO is offline  
Old Jul 13, 2009, 08:00 AM
  #5  
Evolved Member
iTrader: (14)
 
bbyevo8u's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: NY
Posts: 2,580
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by UFO View Post
So, my love/hate relationship with the Evo X continues.
  • Looks like somebody took a shotgun to the rear door area due to rock chips
  • Seats constantly coming apart (fixed by an upholstery shop)
  • Interior C pillar coverings randomly falling off
  • Rattle in dash, near windshield, that neither I or the dealer can find. It's driving me crazy.
  • Rattle under steering wheel that was 2 nuts that weren't even finger tight.
  • Car hesitates at 5K RPM. Stealership refuses to reflash
  • MAF is blown right now. Driving round in limp mode until I can get it taken care of
  • 2nd & 3rd gear still grind. Stealership says nothing is wrong
  • Car still smells like burnt clutch everytime I get on the gas in earnest
  • Is it really this slow?
  • Had the hood latch recall done (although mine was fine) and now the plastics down there don't fit right

There's a bunch of stuff I'm forgetting too. I know I'm going to hear, "it's an Evo, you have to expect these things," but I never had any of these problems with either of my 2 previous Evos, one of which was a new '03.

So, my Evo's gift to me for today?



It's difficult to see and I'd just pushed it back in to place when I took the pic but the A-pillar plastic is now hanging off.

lemmon law!!
bbyevo8u is offline  
Old Jul 13, 2009, 08:10 AM
  #6  
Evolving Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Out in the Country
Posts: 286
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by UFO View Post
So, my love/hate relationship with the Evo X continues.
  • Looks like somebody took a shotgun to the rear door area due to rock chips - No
  • Seats constantly coming apart (fixed by an upholstery shop) - No
  • Interior C pillar coverings randomly falling off - No
  • Rattle in dash, near windshield, that neither I or the dealer can find. It's driving me crazy. - Yes, try glove box
  • Rattle under steering wheel that was 2 nuts that weren't even finger tight. - No
  • Car hesitates at 5K RPM. Stealership refuses to reflash - Yes
  • MAF is blown right now. Driving round in limp mode until I can get it taken care of - No
  • 2nd & 3rd gear still grind. Stealership says nothing is wrong - Notchy
  • Car still smells like burnt clutch everytime I get on the gas in earnest - Sometimes
  • Is it really this slow? - Yes
  • Had the hood latch recall done (although mine was fine) and now the plastics down there don't fit right - No
See bold
spooled_u is offline  
Old Jul 13, 2009, 08:15 AM
  #7  
Evolving Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Huntsville,Al
Posts: 160
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
LOL I bought mine over a year ago and not one rattle or problem with it I guess I got a good one for I hear people complain all the time about it I'm glad its not me.
Wicked X is offline  
Old Jul 13, 2009, 08:17 AM
  #8  
UFO
Evolved Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (7)
 
UFO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 1,529
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by bbyevo8u View Post
lemmon law!!
Can't lemon Law it because you need to have the same problem 3 times. Everytime I take it in I ask them to fix the hesitation but they always state they can't reproduce the problem. Therefore, as far as everyone is concerned, I'm just imagining it and there isn't actually a problem, regardless of whether or not there exists a TSB for the exact same problem.
UFO is offline  
Old Jul 13, 2009, 08:19 AM
  #9  
UFO
Evolved Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (7)
 
UFO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 1,529
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Wicked X View Post
LOL I bought mine over a year ago and not one rattle or problem with it I guess I got a good one for I hear people complain all the time about it I'm glad its not me.
You see, I don't believe that. The gearbox is notchy, the paint is terrible, all of them came with a horrible tune and there is a design problem with the seats. Unless the stealership fixed all of that before you bought it then you will have experienced at least one of those.
UFO is offline  
Old Jul 13, 2009, 08:23 AM
  #10  
Evolving Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 113
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
the G damn glovebox is driving me crazy going to dealership later this week
car is grissly slow. needs a tune

and 1 problem i had since i bought the car spare key does not work
went to stealership 3 times no key wants to sync with the car except the 1.
freshpl is offline  
Old Jul 13, 2009, 08:25 AM
  #11  
Evolved Member
iTrader: (3)
 
ak47po's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: out
Posts: 3,835
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by UFO View Post
You see, I don't believe that. The gearbox is notchy, the paint is terrible, all of them came with a horrible tune and there is a design problem with the seats. Unless the stealership fixed all of that before you bought it then you will have experienced at least one of those.
Your car must have been built on a friday when everyone can't wait for the weekend.
ak47po is offline  
Old Jul 13, 2009, 08:36 AM
  #12  
Evolving Member
iTrader: (1)
 
Gardo_Segovia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Redlands
Posts: 208
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
EVO X 1100 miles

I gotta take a picture of my C-pillar being held by packing tape. It's falling off just like your A-pillar. I have to push it everyday to put it back but it always comes off

Gotta take it to the dealer sometime this week.
Gardo_Segovia is offline  
Old Jul 13, 2009, 08:37 AM
  #13  
UFO
Evolved Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (7)
 
UFO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 1,529
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Gardo_Segovia View Post
I gotta take a picture of my C-pillar being held by packing tape. It's falling off just like your A-pillar. I have to push it everyday to put it back but it always comes off

Gotta take it to the dealer sometime this week.
Yeah, my C pillars randomly fall off too .
UFO is offline  
Old Jul 13, 2009, 08:39 AM
  #14  
Evolved Member
iTrader: (5)
 
Clark_Kent's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Smallville, KS
Posts: 1,070
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Maybe my X is an exception to the rule but the only issue I really have is the cheap *** floormats and the seats coming apart in the infamous location. Other than that, no real issues.
Clark_Kent is offline  
Old Jul 13, 2009, 08:51 AM
  #15  
Newbie
 
teamnemesis3's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 99
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
my 2nd AND 3rd gear grind all the time unless i shift a certain way....

weird thing is that everyone else about 5 PErsons.. who have drivin my car "friend and co-workes btw" and did not let them know about the problem"2nd and 3rd" I then ask them is ther anything wrong with the car??? the answer is always NO NO NO greabox "NO" cluch "NO" it "shift smooth" lol....


main reason I haven't tooken it to the stearship^^^^ everything is else perfect no seat problem no rattle etc.

my car now has 1.5 k and it's still slow so it ain't getting any faster bro
teamnemesis3 is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Come on now Mitsubishi... Seriously?


Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.