Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Come on now Mitsubishi... Seriously?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 13, 2009, 12:47 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i had none of the problems...paint i made up for with clear bra, and the rattling actually came from near the bottom of the a-pillars in my case. try pushing it with some force and see if the rattling goes away. other than those things i don't have much issue, if any. it's fast. perhaps not as fast as the old 4G63 Evo's, but it's a new engine. so it will catch up soon enough.

and your hesitation after 5k, are you tuned? mods? i know stock will kinda just hang after 5k, so it's no surprise.
Old Jul 13, 2009, 12:50 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
There are some Mitsu Dealers that are just sh*ty, but I'm lucky the two Mitsu Dealer Service centers I've worked with are so painless. Unfortunately the main one I usually go to (Fresno Mitsu) closed down a couple months ago, but their Service Dept. was great! (they did a major warranty job on my Endeavor's steering column) The other one (Selma Automall-Mitsu) is also excellent and that's where I had the X reflashed and did the recall on the hood latch cable.

I'm starting to believe it may also have to do with the customer's attitude/appearance. So if you need some warranty work done, my advice is be polite, don't go yapping about "hey, this is POS car!" or don't go with a Mr.I-know-it-all attitude telling them this-&-that. If you are a teenager, try to dress up more "maturely" or bring an adult with you (like your dad). Don't look too flashy with a hiphop boy-racer type image and those guys will immediately get the impression that you trashed your car. These service guys will take you more seriously if you show them you are a decent fellow that most likely treats his car well.

Trust me, I used to be in the computer sales/repair business and as much as I hate to admit it... I did judge customers just be appearance & attitude. I could usually tell which customer trashed their computer or if it geniunely had a warranty issue.

Last edited by tipoytm; Jul 13, 2009 at 12:54 PM.
Old Jul 13, 2009, 12:54 PM
UFO
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by endGameXIII
and your hesitation after 5k, are you tuned? mods? i know stock will kinda just hang after 5k, so it's no surprise.
I have a Cobb AP. Sucks that I had to spend $600+ to fix a problem that 2 Mitsu dealers refused to. They both claimed they weren't allowed to reflash unless a check engine light was present.

Originally Posted by tipoytm
I'm starting to believe it may also have to do with the customer's attitude/appearance. So if you need some warranty work done, my advice is be polite, don't go yapping about "hey, this is POS car!" or don't go with a Mr.I-know-it-all attitude telling them this-&-that. If you are a teenager, try to dress up more "maturely" or bring an adult with you (like your dad). Don't look too flashy with a hiphop boy-racer type image and those guys will immediately get the impression that you trashed your car. These service guys will take you more seriously if you show them you are a decent fellow that most likely treats his car well.
Haha, I'm old enough to be *your* Dad .
Old Jul 13, 2009, 12:55 PM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
i only have some minor rattles inside my car the glovebox i fixed it myself.
try another dealer
Old Jul 13, 2009, 12:59 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by UFO
Haha, I'm old enough to be *your* Dad .
Haha, are you sure? If you are old enough to be my dad, then you must be a 70 year old guy with a handful of grandkids. :-) (I doubt there are guys of that age who would want to own an evo :P) I didn't necessarily direct my post to you, but sort of a "in-general" post.

Originally Posted by UFO
I have a Cobb AP. Sucks that I had to spend $600+ to fix a problem that 2 Mitsu dealers refused to. They both claimed they weren't allowed to reflash unless a check engine light was present.
If this is what they said, then you go find another dealer. You should be old & wise enough to know that you are dealing with a crappy service dept.

I had no problems convincing the dealership that my X needed a reflash even if it didn't show the CEL warning or it actually didn't have hesitation issues. I just wanted to have the latest flash and gain a little more MPG.

Last edited by tipoytm; Jul 13, 2009 at 01:07 PM.
Old Jul 13, 2009, 01:06 PM
Evolved Member

It's hard to take it to another dealership when you have the same Mitsu rep telling you it's common place for all these issues! You guys try denying claims some of us are having, that really shows your maturity, literally the word noobs sounds like something a 13 year old halo fanatic would say... I have issues and I've fought tooth and nail to have my rocker kit fixed, literally! I'm tired of the arm wrestling matches, it's got me to the point where I'm ready to let Mitsubishi take it back!

I have had good moments with this car, but the bad relationship with the Mitsu rep and I has totally made me a non-believer in their customer support! I've tried everything possible, I've called MMNA and they told me to talk to the owner of the lot??? Funny, aren't all Mitsu lots independent? The car lot hasn't given me any issues, it's Mitsubishi rep, who over sees all 13 dealership in which I live near by!

I was forced to pay 700 dollars for zylon via Medina Mitsubishi, after they shut down (1 month later) I had to take the car to Marhofer Mitsubishi for the new aero kit and "lo and behold", the rep refused to recover the rocker, saying it was something dealer and I worked out... Yet it's his car which has the tsb for the rocker to be fixed in the first place! He also ordered the wrong rocker molding twice, refused my claim on the seats and tried saying the transmission issue was common place for the EVO. Not to mention I had a 1000 dollar rebate check bounce on me from Medina and had to pay the 1000 dollars back out of my own pocket! Mitsubishi knows all about these events and yet I've got the middle finger. That's why I'm upset!!!

P.S. The only thing I got out of all of this was a free oil change the car lot credited to the reps account due to his ordering the wrong rocker twice!

Last edited by Xtremist; Jul 13, 2009 at 01:15 PM.
Old Jul 13, 2009, 01:06 PM
Evolving Member

how do you justify calling this car slow? lol. honestly. did you drive a ferrari previously? i wouldnt call a bone stock car that does 0-60 in 4.9 seconds exactly "slow". plus the first night i got it i took it to a deserted road and got up to 130 without a problem and the car still wanted to go faster but the road was ending so i had to slow down. maybe our perceptions of the word "slow" differ..
Old Jul 13, 2009, 01:13 PM
UFO
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by JerseyEvox
maybe our perceptions of the word "slow" differ..
You answered your own question . It's slower out the box than any of my previous Evos and slower than any of my previous cars (well, except for the SVT Focus I had for a few months).
Originally Posted by Xtremist
Mitsubishi knows all about these events and yet I've got the middle finger. That's why I'm upset!!!
I've spent over $100,000 with Mitsubishi since 2002 (3 Evos and a Lancer ES). I was also told by Mitsu corporate to take it up with the dealer because they were in a better position to determine the problem. Of course, their determination was 'nothing is wrong.' I feel your pain.

Originally Posted by tipoytm
Haha, are you sure? If you are old enough to be my dad, then you must be a 70 year old guy with a handful of grandkids. :-)
I left out the 'probably' apparently .
Old Jul 13, 2009, 01:14 PM
Evolved Member

I'm 26, single father of one, dress normal, no tattoos, no weird holes in my body rather than my ears, can't stand hip-hop and was super nice the first 6 times until he said it was my fault/ the only customer to have a reoccurring issues with the rocker, not to mention he hadn't even checked his TSB info before this crap came out of his mouth, if he would have done his homework prior, he would have seen the TSB! Words were exchanged and I called MMNA during the fiasco, he changed his attitude real quick but the TSB still didn't correct the issue, had to bring the car in one more time for them to fully resolve the issue! I was Mitsubishi hardcore, I even pumped their TVs up, I was a fan boy by all means, not to mention I convinced many others to buy their vehicles, yet I was treated like a piece of crap!

Last edited by Xtremist; Jul 13, 2009 at 01:18 PM.
Old Jul 13, 2009, 01:20 PM

Originally Posted by UFO
You answered your own question . It's slower out the box than any of my previous Evos and slower than any of my previous cars (well, except for the SVT Focus I had for a few months).

I've spent over $100,000 with Mitsubishi since 2002 (3 Evos and a Lancer ES). I was also told by Mitsu corporate to take it up with the dealer because they were in a better position to determine the problem. Of course, their determination was 'nothing is wrong.' I feel your pain.

I left out the 'probably' apparently .
Its slower than your lancer es???????? lol
Old Jul 13, 2009, 01:20 PM
Evolving Member

good luck with stealership bro...i cant get anywhere with my transmission with them and also cant get the ECU flashed b/c their garage is under the showroom and i have the aero kit lowered on eibach so i cant even get the flash...such bs..i offered to take it out of the car and bring it in and they say it has to be in the car...wtf...
Old Jul 13, 2009, 01:22 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by SmoothTT07
bahahhhahhahhh burn.
Old Jul 13, 2009, 01:24 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Xtremist
I'm 26, single father of one, dress normal, no tattoos, no weird holes in my body rather than my ears, can't stand hip-hop and was super nice the first 6 times until he said it was my fault/ the only customer to have a reoccurring issues with the rocker, not to mention he hadn't even checked his TSB info before this crap came out of his mouth, if he would have done his homework prior, he would have seen the TSB! Words were exchanged and I called MMNA during the fiasco, he changed his attitude real quick but the TSB still didn't correct the issue, had to bring the car in one more time for them to fully resolve the issue! I was Mitsubishi hardcore, I even pumped their TVs up, I was a fan boy by all means, not to mention I convinced many others to buy their vehicles, yet I was treated like a piece of crap!
^^ well, then that rep was an A-hole! Not all people are nice, you just got unlucky and had to deal with someone like that.

I like Mitsu (drive two now), I'm no fanboi... but I've owned a wide variety of other brands before, and have to say that the quality of cars they make is by no means inferior to more mainstream names like Toyota or Honda... and just because one particular dealer is sh1tty doesn't mean all of them are like that. I've had some bad experiences with Honda dealerships before even though they are suppose to have a great customer service reputation.

Last edited by tipoytm; Jul 13, 2009 at 01:28 PM.
Old Jul 13, 2009, 01:29 PM
UFO
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by SmoothTT07
That was the ex-wife's car .

Actually, I should probably say 'any of my previous cars in the past 5 or 6 years' as I've owned some real pieces of **** (other than the X) in my time.

Last edited by UFO; Jul 13, 2009 at 01:33 PM.
Old Jul 13, 2009, 01:38 PM
Evolved Member

I've owned 3 lancers, OZ, GTS and GSR! Only issues was the EVO!

Quick Reply: Come on now Mitsubishi... Seriously?