Go Back  EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community > Lancer Evolution X Forums > Evo X General
Reload this Page >

Let's have a thread that posts fixes for the most common Evo X rattles

Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Old Jul 19, 2009, 07:25 AM
EvoM Administrator

Received 27 Likes on 20 Posts

I had a rattling in the back at around 2300rpm. It sounded like it was coming from the trunk. It was a resonance from my aftermarket single exhaust. Turned out it was the heat shield that goes above the stock muffler (was useless now with the aftermarket exhaust). 4 10mm nuts, and it comes right off. Sound is so much better!

Anyone have fixes for the door area rattles or the glovebox rattle?

Thanks in advance.
Old Jul 19, 2009, 07:36 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Driver door rattle is the only one I have for now. Is there a dealer fix?
Old Jul 19, 2009, 07:38 AM
Evolved Member

I tracked down a rattle in the plastic cover/piece in the B pillar that adjusts seat belt height. Conveniently, hitting it with my fist seems to have fixed it.
Old Jul 19, 2009, 07:51 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I fixed my glove box rattle with a small 1/2 " w x 1 " l x 1/4 " thick foam stuck to the left inside corner of the dash, where the lid meets the dash. It's not too thick to prevent the lid from closing properly, but thick enough to hold it tight when closed and stop the vibrating / rattling.
Old Jul 19, 2009, 08:12 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by lowkey View Post
I fixed my glove box rattle with a small 1/2 " w x 1 " l x 1/4 " thick foam stuck to the left inside corner of the dash, where the lid meets the dash. It's not too thick to prevent the lid from closing properly, but thick enough to hold it tight when closed and stop the vibrating / rattling.
i did the same with my glovebox but i stucked 3m double sided tape.
i have the drivers door rattle and thats it.
Old Jul 19, 2009, 08:16 AM
Evolved Member

I've got a rattle when the passenger side window is 1/4 of the way down. I can't figure out what it is.

I had the glovebox rattle, but I think it was just due to the contents inside the glovebox. It now went away.
Old Jul 19, 2009, 08:25 AM
Evolving Member

This things is a rattle machine !!
Old Jul 19, 2009, 08:45 AM
Evolved Member

i get a lot of rattles..mostly coming from the back area..for example most the time when i back my car into the drive way (an incline) when i first start the car i get this weird rattling noise from the exhaust (single HKS exhaust) and its kind of loud. also when im driving like noise said at a certain RPM i get that rattle too and i can feel the change rattling too in the little holder haha..

and of course when im listning to music not even that loud..my trunk rattle and thats most annoying to me i hate it and i dont know how to fix it.. im gonna take it to a audio shop soon and see if they can figure it out
Old Jul 19, 2009, 08:54 AM
Evolved Member

My most recent, and most annoying rattle is from the driver's side seatbelt area on the B pillar. I think I've read about this one, but I just got it, and it sucks.
Old Jul 19, 2009, 10:43 AM
Evolved Member

my whole center console rattels because of when i put my TBE on. wasnt there when i had stocker exhaust
Old Jul 20, 2009, 11:17 PM

This thread rocks. I mean rattles!
Old Jul 21, 2009, 05:08 AM
Laz
Evolving Member

I replaced the spoiler on my car with the tall wing and now for some reason my car has started all kinds of rattles. I know it's probably not related but I do notice them now. The driver's side door area has a rattle in it somewhere and it's driving me crazy. There's also 2 rattles in the back somewhere; not sure if either are caused by the new spoiler install but they weren't there before. There's also a rattle in the console/passenger side front area that I can't pinpoint because my wife can't drive stick so I can't sit over there while it's going.

I'd hate to take it into the dealership over it...seems to me if they took **** apart to fix it, new rattles would start anyway.
Old Jul 21, 2009, 05:53 AM
EvoM Administrator

Received 27 Likes on 20 Posts
This driver's door one is the worst. It sounds to be near the seat belt adjustment. We have to find out exactly what it is and how to fix it... Without punching it.
Old Jul 21, 2009, 06:00 AM
Evolved Member

I turn up the stereo.
Old Jul 21, 2009, 06:04 AM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
24k and no rattles.....weird. QC seems all over the map Fairly smooth roads where I live...I wonder if that plays a part in it?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.