Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Bell Mitsubishi and a new 08 Evo MR

Search this Thread

Old Aug 7, 2009, 02:08 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bell Mitsubishi and a new 08 Evo MR

I was in the market for a Evo MR. This car was a realistic dream or goal i could achieve and I've finally got one.

I live in Staten Island and unfortunately Manfredi had no MRs left. I decided to go the Mitsu dealership in Bklyn on 86st and 14th ave i believe. The dealership was too aggressive to make us sign for a car and giving us a MSRP of 41500 on an 08 Evo X MR.

I decided to go to New jersey. I heard of Bell Mitsubishi and their no hassle and no BS policy. I went there with my father and the dealership was real friendly ( and granted us a test drive, well i couldn't drive it but i got a feel for the car). Andrzej W. was a great person and went down to the pricing and gave us an excellent deal (39 MSRP and 0% APR)- that we could not refuse. Mike Ko (president of the Tri-State Evos) was very enthusiastic when describing the current Evo's and older generation Evos (I personally learned alot). Mike Ko has many experiences with mitsu cars being modified and was an excellent help to the direction i should take in modifying the car. These 2 ppl helped alot and made buying a Evo from Bell's Mitsubishi a PLEASURE. I recommend this dealership and it made buying a car; stress free.

I dont have pics. But its a stock Evo X MR (black) with the Navi. I been on these forums for years and reading up on the Evo. I drive an 04 lancer ralliart and its a great car but its no Evo. After all the hard work and graduating and passing the NCLEX state boards. I finally have a Evo.

Impression on the SST transmission. It really or almost feels like a manual tyranny. Ive driven in a Evo X GSR with a tune and a manual tyranny has that experience when shifting gears. I'd like to say not much is lost when driving the SST tyranny(its not a manual but its pretty darn close). This transmission is a real breakthrough.

I have 300 miles on it and still braking it in. But keeping under 5k is a hard task. This car just goes when the turbo spools. Ive finally gotten this car and a dream for many years; has finally come true. All i can say, its an amazing car.
Old Aug 7, 2009, 02:26 PM
Evolving Member

Lol at great deal
Old Aug 7, 2009, 02:50 PM
Evolving Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Congrats, enjoy it man!
That feeling will wear off soon, and then the modding bug bites!
Old Aug 7, 2009, 02:52 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Welcome to it! I also got rid of my 04 ralliart not long ago for a GSR. If your happy, then I guess everyone's happy... including the dealer, because I'm sure you could have got them to drop several G's off the price Especially with Mitsu announcing pricing on the 2010's today. It's not unheard of for them to go for $8k off MSPR with 0%, but most people are getting at least $5k below these days. Don't let that bug you too much and enjoy it

Also, don't forget that you can write off all the taxes you paid on the car from your income taxes next year!
Old Aug 7, 2009, 03:43 PM
Evolved Member

congrats on the new ride... You a nurse?
Old Aug 7, 2009, 03:59 PM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
^must be if he took NCLEX.
Old Aug 7, 2009, 04:46 PM
Evolved Member

I bought my X from Bell and they were complete douchebags. That's probably because I wouldn't pay the ridiculous price they wanted.
Old Aug 7, 2009, 06:29 PM
Evolved Member

Congrats I remember feeling the same when I purchased my GSR! Awesome to hear you got your dream car! Take good care of it!!!
Old Aug 8, 2009, 08:51 AM

CONGRATS man but im shocked that you had a good experience at Bell i would never go back to Bell. LOU in particular was the worst salesperson i have ever met. I was just trying to negotate a price i didnt even drive the car or anything and he said with 700 dollars this car will be at 500 whp. So i said yeah but the clutch will probably blow he said no it wont not with bolt ons. I said "OK" and then he goes on saying well you know what you would blow your clutch cause you cant drive stick. I told him to go F himself and i will never go back there again. OHHH and he also told me evo's prices arent negotiable.
Old Aug 8, 2009, 08:56 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Yeah Mike is a great guy. He sold me my lancer.
Old Aug 8, 2009, 09:07 AM
Evolving Member

thumbs up to Bell - I had good experiences with them too. Nelson is great to work with in the service department. Oh, and you will never forget that feeling of driving your evo home - and the first night it's parked outside your house... awesome
Old Aug 8, 2009, 12:45 PM

That seems a high compared to Westcoast prices, but hey, you're not on the Westcoast. Enjoy the car!!

I've found that Northeast Mistu dealers are overall pretty horrible to deal with. I went to Bell. They would not give me one price for the car...they had one price with 0% and one without. They went back on a price that was given over the phone. Their excuse was that's the 0% apr price. They wanted another $2.5k. For a car built in the Spring of 2008 I was not going to budge.

As much as I love the car, I can't live with these NE dealers. I can't imagine what their service depts. are like. Too bad Mitsu did not buy Saturn, because their dealer presence in the Tri-State area is pathetic.
Old Aug 8, 2009, 01:00 PM
Evolved Member

Yes the Nclex= nurse board exam. Yea i dont know about 5k off msrp. I know an MR starts off 37k msrp regardless of year ( in the east coast- hard to get a good deal). I know in the west coast, you guys probably start at like 35k msrp for an MR.
Old Aug 8, 2009, 01:56 PM
Evolving Member

so you ended up paying 39?
Old Aug 8, 2009, 02:18 PM
Evolving Member

Do you have email to Bell Mitsubishi? I bought Evo X last year, noe I need service and I have no contact to them. Unfortunatelly I moved with the car to Europe.

Thanks.

Quick Reply: Bell Mitsubishi and a new 08 Evo MR