Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Bad experince at dealership *fuel pipe recall related*

Search this Thread

Old Oct 15, 2009, 12:04 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Bad experince at dealership *fuel pipe recall related*

This is just a warning/headsup of what can happen for those who will return to the delearship for their recall, especially for the local Vancouver Evos.

So I went back to my local dealership for my fuel pipe recall, as well as SST fluid changed at the same time. 3 hours later, I got a call back from the service manager and picked up my car. I drove home right after and popped the hood to see what the new fuel pipe looks like.

The first thing I noticed when I take out my engine cover is one of the gromet was missing! It`s one of the four plastic gromets that attach to the underside of the engine cover. Cause? most likely the mechanic popped one out by accident when he removed the engine cover, but he would have know when he put everything back together.

Secondly, I saw my ARC Titanium UICP has been removed for the installation of the fuel return pipe, as I saw the silicon hoses and brackets were altered. However, the connection to the turbo side wasn`t fully slipped in. I released the bracket and was still able to push in another 2 inches.

Upon closer inspection of the ARC Titan UICP, I discovered a scratched mark (about 3 inches long) on top of the bend of the UICP under where the strut bar is, which wasn`t there before prior to my visit to the dealership. This is totally unacceptable, I cannot imagine what could cause the damage other than misplacing it on the ground or using a tool to yank off the UICP. This intercooler pipe isn`t cheap as you guys know, and the mechanic should handle customer`s car with care.

I am really pissed off at this point and still pending for the service manager to get back to me with a reasonable resolution, as the mechanic who worked on my car will return to work tomorroow.

At this point, I will not disclose the name of the dealership. But will keep you guys posted on the outcome as it progress.

Pics of the damage:

Last edited by LVSBB6; Oct 15, 2009 at 03:59 PM.
Old Oct 15, 2009, 12:07 PM
Evolving Member

sry to hear that, i hope everything gets worked out in your favor. Nice car btw, i have been following your build.
Old Oct 15, 2009, 12:08 PM
Evolving Member

That foking sucks dude!
Old Oct 15, 2009, 12:13 PM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I would slap mech in the face ! with uicp.
Old Oct 15, 2009, 01:36 PM
Evolved Member

I have to go in for mine as well... Pm me which one you went to so I can avoid that one!

At least they didn't say anything about your mods!
Old Oct 15, 2009, 02:19 PM
Evolved Member

I can't say that I'm surprised. I haven't been to a dealer for service in quite a few years and I don't intend that to change anytime soon. As detailed in other threads, it's a $25 part.
Old Oct 15, 2009, 03:50 PM
Evolving Member

dont slap him with the arc one. slap him with the stock one!!!
Old Oct 15, 2009, 03:52 PM
Evolved Member

Yeah don't take this, I had similar events happen with a new set of rims I purchased for my X, if they did the damage they need to replace the parts with issues. Best of luck!
Old Oct 15, 2009, 03:55 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Damn feel sorry for that. You can always sell it and get another one.
Old Oct 15, 2009, 05:42 PM
Jan
Evolving Member

Man that's really harsh, I feel bad for you. I've had similar situations happen to me on more than one occasion. Some people just don't care. Good luck!
Old Oct 15, 2009, 05:49 PM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
i just noticed last night that my drivers side cf front lip has some yellow paint on it. good thing there's no dent but it seems it hit something. i wonder if this happened at the dealership as well as the car hasnt gone out since the recall work.
Old Oct 15, 2009, 05:53 PM
Evolved Member

ouch
Old Oct 15, 2009, 06:16 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by tweakdsm
I would slap mech in the face ! with uicp.
thats assault brotha! (battery actually) lol. hey that sucks but are you really that suprised? ARC parts are crazy expensive and (apparently)delicate, and unless you talked to the service manager about them beforehand, the tech working on the car isnt gonna share your appreciation for those parts. I think most of us are just expecting them to avoid scratching our exterior paint.
Old Oct 15, 2009, 06:29 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
good luck to you.

Good thing for me my car won't be in drivable condition when I get the recall done.
Old Oct 15, 2009, 06:37 PM
Evolved Member

that little scratch isn't ****. They don't pay those guys a lot for warranty work either and if they had their druthers, they would have preferred to only work on stock cars.

I actually thought about not taking mine in because it would inconvenience me..that and it gives somebody a chance to scratch my fenders. You can't expect to keep working on a car without some scuffage.

Quick Reply: Bad experince at dealership *fuel pipe recall related*