Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Outlander XLS Interior

Search this Thread

Old Feb 15, 2010, 12:59 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Outlander XLS Interior

Was at the dealership today and saw the inside of this thing. contrast stitched leather wrapped instrument cluster visor, dash, door...the whole thing. it looked amazing! all for a $30K or so. man, i wished they put that in the MR.

any local places in toronto that can do this for cheap? wouldn't even know where to start.

Last edited by vassili; Feb 15, 2010 at 01:02 PM.
Old Feb 15, 2010, 01:16 PM
Evolved Member

We drive a Japanese econobox.

We do not need leather.
Old Feb 15, 2010, 01:18 PM
EvoM Community Team

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
There isn't any kind of kit you can buy. Just doesn't exist.

But, you could talk to a local leather/upholstery shop and see what they could do. It will have to be a custom job.
Old Feb 15, 2010, 01:21 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by vassili
Was at the dealership today and saw the inside of this thing. contrast stitched leather wrapped instrument cluster visor, dash, door...the whole thing. it looked amazing! all for a $30K or so. man, i wished they put that in the MR.

any local places in toronto that can do this for cheap? wouldn't even know where to start.

lol amazing and cheap usually don't go together too often
Old Feb 15, 2010, 01:22 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by hotdog

We do not need leather.
YOU drive an econobox and don't WANT leather. But the typical Evo consumer is changing and it's time for Mitsubishi to realize that. It looks as if they are starting to, by releasing the touring version in 2010. Some of us would love that leather, and some of us would never be interested in it.
Old Feb 15, 2010, 01:26 PM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
this is what i want from the outlander https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/mi...008-evo-x.html

i really hope we could get an answer if its something the X can have as well.
Old Feb 15, 2010, 01:35 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I did not know top stitching was in the Outlander, that looks good. That's usually something done on much more expensive vehicles. It really does have to be done by hand, so its interesting they are going this route.

Originally Posted by hotdog

We do not need leather.
Well, I'm glad its an option on some of the cars. Mitsubishi takes a lot of flak in the marketplace reviews for having cheap interiors. So it doesn't surprise me they are striving to make improvements.
Old Feb 15, 2010, 03:39 PM
Evolved Member

I guess here's my problem:

The interior issue is much, much more easily, and cheaply, solved using the aftermarket, versus some of the more glaring faults of using the Evo X as a higher performance vehicle.

For an Evo to be more powerful on the road, it requires a tune. It requires exhaust, it requires a higher flowing cat, it requires suspension parts to make it roll less, and a rear sway bar to take out some of that nasty understeer.

However, for an Evo X, even a base model GSR, to become "higher class", all it requires is a trip to a good interior shop, and a few thousand dollars.

I think nothing of dropping an FP Green on my Visa Rewards card for a nice little 2% of 1200 dollars. I think nothing of dropping an exhaust on my Visa Rewards card, for a nice little 2% of 600 dollars. I think nothing of dropping an AEM Methanol system on my Visa Rewards card for a little 2% of 300, but it seems to be almost criminal to drop, what, 1500 on my Visa Rewards card for a nice little 2% back, on a leather interior.

Interior shops have existed for years and years and years; you don't heard people COMPLAINING that they upgraded their exhaust, or COMPLAINING that they upgraded their puny, heat soak prone FMIC, so why don't people just dump the cash on the interior, and voila, be done with it all?

I mean, hell, I priced it out here locally; 1 grand will get me a nice leather re-upholstery job on my Recaros, by a very reputable, nice-prior-work local shop here in Ohio. Some people drop that on FMICs and exhausts, alone.
Old Feb 15, 2010, 03:56 PM
Evolved Member

wow that FUSE thing is cool
Old Feb 15, 2010, 04:42 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The Evo 10 is already too heavy. Instead of adding more luxury they should return to their roots, IMO.
Old Feb 15, 2010, 05:09 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Get a new boot, knob, Defi gauges, and some Bride seats. Maybe that AMS bar to bolt in some Takata harnesses. While the interior won't be upper echelon, you sure won't be complaining.
Old Feb 15, 2010, 05:25 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Fishstix
Get a new boot, knob, Defi gauges, and some Bride seats. Maybe that AMS bar to bolt in some Takata harnesses.
+1. I plan to do something very similar. I did the power mods first but that isn't the end of it.
Old Feb 15, 2010, 07:17 PM
EvoM Community Team

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by lowkey
The Evo 10 is already too heavy. Instead of adding more luxury they should return to their roots, IMO.
How much weight do you suppose leather upholstery would add to the car???
Old Feb 15, 2010, 08:31 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by atombomb33
How much weight do you suppose leather upholstery would add to the car???
Who cares? Engineers working on luxuxry at x yen an hour adds cost. That cost has to be cut from other engineering such as performance and reducing weight.
Old Feb 15, 2010, 08:33 PM
Evolved Member

My dad has a 09 outlander XLS: heated leather, magnesium paddle shifters, nav, sunroof, HID's. I love driving it..... the only reason we bought it last year is coz mitsu was offering 0% for 60 months.

Quick Reply: Outlander XLS Interior