Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

What size are the licence plate screws?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 2, 2010, 09:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What size are the licence plate screws?

I know its a stupid question but the dealer didnt provide any licence plate screws. I thought they would be the standard 1/4 x 3/4 screw but bought some tonight and didn't fit, cant seem to find a clear answer online...Anyone know off hand?
Old Mar 2, 2010, 09:46 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
10mm
Old Mar 2, 2010, 10:08 PM

I appreciate it thanks
Old Mar 3, 2010, 05:12 AM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by misterhaahaa
I know its a stupid question but the dealer didnt provide any licence plate screws. I thought they would be the standard 1/4 x 3/4 screw but bought some tonight and didn't fit, cant seem to find a clear answer online...Anyone know off hand?
Damn, you got your plates already? You bought your car after me from the same dealership and they still haven't given me my damn plates. 46 Mitsu I'm not drilling holes in my bumper. Going to autozone to get a front bracket and goint to zip tie it above the IC.
Old Mar 3, 2010, 03:40 PM

I know it's been brought up in a bunch of other threads...

But I actually like the offset license plate in the stock location... it is not only legal, but it is yet another way that the car sets itself apart from what everyone else drives.
Old Mar 3, 2010, 08:07 PM

Originally Posted by EEVOH
Damn, you got your plates already? You bought your car after me from the same dealership and they still haven't given me my damn plates. 46 Mitsu I'm not drilling holes in my bumper. Going to autozone to get a front bracket and goint to zip tie it above the IC.

yeah 46 mitsu is the slums other than the price, ive had better service with chevy. Mitsubishi called me and asked me about service and if they went over a check list and other stuff...yeah right. I signed the x and they pushed me on my way, no perks or frills. Im still figuring out some of the stuff on the car.

I did harass them for the plates though. Called about 6 times.

In terms of the plate i was thinking about the zip tie idea but still unsure. might just commit to the plate mount. Though you have to drill in the bumper you wont scratch your grill from the zip ties loosening up and my other thought that its going to take air coming into the intercooler. probably gonna go factory, its a one time deal no screwing around with it later.

Last edited by misterhaahaa; Mar 11, 2010 at 10:00 PM.
Old Mar 3, 2010, 09:08 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Antarius
I know it's been brought up in a bunch of other threads...

But I actually like the offset license plate in the stock location... it is not only legal, but it is yet another way that the car sets itself apart from what everyone else drives.
I agree on this. No one ever wants to drill holes in the front bumper, and rightfully so...who wants holes in their bumper. But if you're going to mount a plate anyway, why not just drill the holes, use the off-center mount and be done with it. Like you, I personally like the off-center mounting position. It's functional (leaves the intercooler open to airflow) and it does look good.