Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

evo + cop story [merge]

Search this Thread

Old May 28, 2010, 12:41 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I've had quite a few cop stories, living in SoCal. Some cops here know more about illegal mods, smog certification, OBDII, Magnusson act, etc than your average car nut.

For the record, I've never been pulled over for doing anything illegal. It's just that the car I'm driving looks like a cop magnet.

Some experiences that stick out:

Cop pulls me over in my lowered Civic (back in the 90s). I'm dressed professionally, just finished a speech at a local school.

Cop notices that I'm not an a-hole and says "You know, I've got a rookie [girl] partner and I'd like to teach her a few things about how Civics are modified illegally. Do you mind if I use your car as a real-life model?". I say yes.

As they walk around and man cop explains the different ways Civics are modded, rookie girl cop intermittently keeps banging the end of her night stick on my panels. I cringe but keep my mouth shut (luckily no real damage). We say our goodbyes, exchange business cards and I go home.

A few weeks later, I notice man cop parked in a residential area and I stop to say hi. I ask what they're doing in the neighborhood and he says "We got a call that this 80 year old woman has not been seen for weeks. Her neighbors think she might be dead".

Lo and behold I notice in the background, the rookie girl cop's behind in a side window as she's breaking in the house to check for a carcass.

STORY 2
I get pulled over and cop asks me to step out to pop the hood. I tell him "No problem office, but please note that I have a black Ipod strapped to my lower leg". He laughs and says no problem, just relax.

I pop the hood, he pretends to look for something to recognize but I can tell he has no clue.

He says he's letting me go but he's pretty sure I don't have any cats. I tell him I do (and he never even bent down to check). This was at night, mind you.

STORY 3
Cop pulls me over at 3am and asks what I'm doing out. I tell him I love driving around especially when there are no cars on the street and show him that I'm wearing pajamas to prove I was just bored at home. He lets me go.

There are tons more although I'd probably get flamed for some of the dumber things. Just be respectful of the cops and most of the time, they won't hassle you.
Old May 28, 2010, 06:23 PM
Evolving Member

First good run-in with a cop

So Im leaving the barbershop and as I was pullin out of the parkin space a guy driving some SUV said "Hey those cars are bada**.U c ima cop and one night I was chasing 1 and I think he downshifted and that was the last time I ever saw the car."Then he said again sweet car and I drove off kinda laughin at the story.
Old May 28, 2010, 06:31 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Yeah sometimes you run accross actual human beings

I was pulled over by a highway patrol officer in town once, super cool guy. He had me pop the hood while we talked about the local drag strip, looked over everything and it was all good. My 9 isn't stock and he knew it but he'd seen the car run at the strip and was considering buying one...wanted to see what he was getting into

I didn't have a front plate on the car at the time so he just told me to put one on or he'd have to pull me over again...no tickets!
Old May 28, 2010, 06:52 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by sho669
Yeah sometimes you run accross actual human beings

I was pulled over by a highway patrol officer in town once, super cool guy. He had me pop the hood while we talked about the local drag strip, looked over everything and it was all good. My 9 isn't stock and he knew it but he'd seen the car run at the strip and was considering buying one...wanted to see what he was getting into

I didn't have a front plate on the car at the time so he just told me to put one on or he'd have to pull me over again...no tickets!
Thats A cool cop!I guess there are humans in uniform out there...
Old May 28, 2010, 07:28 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 66 Likes on 42 Posts
lol... you should have said thats a funny story, i have one just like it... cop behind me and I downshifted and that was the last I saw of him :P hehe
Old May 28, 2010, 09:18 PM

Originally Posted by tephra
lol... you should have said thats a funny story, i have one just like it... cop behind me and I downshifted and that was the last I saw of him :P hehe
hahaha, you should've
Old May 28, 2010, 11:42 PM
Evolving Member

good story I get the giggles when I see read stories like this x]
Old May 29, 2010, 02:06 AM
EvoM Guru

i love being pulled over in my PJ's haha
Old May 29, 2010, 03:59 AM
Evolving Member

I was having a intense fourth meal craving so I hopped in my STi and went to the Taco Bell at around 3 am. At some point I notice a HUGE spider on the outside of my windshield and ponder the idea of what speed he would fly off at. I look around (not a car in site) and drop it down into second and let it have it. By about the top of 4th gear I'm wondering if this thing is glued on! Still full throttle at this point i notice out of the corner of my eye a parked police car with all the lights off and see the glow of the cops face from the laptop in the car (at this point I assume the position). As he finally catches up to me and pulls me over in the taco bell lot he walks up to the window and says "let me guess, you were starving and about to pass out that's why you were driving like that right?" . I told him no and said that he wouldn't believe the real reason if I told him. He said to give it a shot so I told him about the spider and being curious about what speed it would fly off at and he simply laughed and said wow Ive never heard that before. Then he comes back with my license and simply says "man this things pretty fast, don't let me catch you pulling crap like that again" and let me go
Old May 29, 2010, 06:43 AM
EvoM Guru

yeah because it was and sti, so you probably didn't even break the speed limit

j/k
Old May 29, 2010, 11:17 AM

Lol
Old May 29, 2010, 01:56 PM
Evolving Member

Lol @ tephra comment haha.
Old May 29, 2010, 03:59 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i use to get tickets all the time in my red lancer es that was lightly modded, then i get my white evo and i havent been pulled over once.. gotta love the white
Old May 29, 2010, 09:06 PM

Great stories, wish I had something interesting to add mine usually just end up in paying a fine
Old May 29, 2010, 09:29 PM

Haha evo saves another person from a ticket!

Quick Reply: evo + cop story [merge]