Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Why don't more Evo drivers try out Rally Racing their cars?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 3, 2010, 09:03 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i rallied my wrx all the time, but i cant see taking my 40k evo x rally racing,

to me its expensive toy to romp through the dirt
Old Jun 3, 2010, 12:02 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
once I can get used evo for ~$5K I will probably try to do some rally. For now however, I will stick to Road Racing. Ive already turned my new $35k car into a track car, and with my noobish rally skills, I would probably hit a tree on the first turn.. lolz
Old Jun 3, 2010, 01:20 PM
Evolved Member

Received 47 Likes on 37 Posts
Originally Posted by letMeIn
once I can get used evo for ~$5K I will probably try to do some rally. For now however, I will stick to Road Racing. Ive already turned my new $35k car into a track car, and with my noobish rally skills, I would probably hit a tree on the first turn.. lolz
i know some one who just brought an evo VI build in New Zealand by Ralliart. Spare parts etc. some work has to be done, /minor/ but a full ready rally car less then 8K...

Also if you get a good co driver then you are golden.
If you really think about it, since you CANT start with awd turbo, i suggest to get a used FWD rally car from Special stage web site . The best way to enter in the rally. dirt cheap and very very fun to drive.
Also will set you up for the AWD turbo platform. /driving style and Technic/
I dont know how long or how many events you have to do in 2 wheel drive before you can get a license for AWD turbo, but you might never even will change . Like many many guys dont. And i know a place where you can get all the knowlidge for start, maybe a car and work done.
Once you do one event in rally , you will NEVER look back. It is just that simple. The rally is MUCH more fun then any other car race, period. Not to mention the people and the whole community.

Rob

just watch

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=35VVBi7sHuY
Old Jun 3, 2010, 01:31 PM

^^ that is me going to buy milk at the store ^^ those people standing there are crazy haha where the hell did the snow come from at 7:06 haha

Last edited by MikeTheGreek; Jun 3, 2010 at 01:34 PM.
Old Jun 3, 2010, 01:41 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by MikeTheGreek
^^ that is me going to buy milk at the store ^^ those people standing there are crazy haha where the hell did the snow come from at 7:06 haha
and when you got home you dont know why it turned to sour cream LOL
Old Jun 3, 2010, 01:51 PM
Evolving Member

i love rally.
no my car, but the one in HD. lol
i won't recomend to anybody to even try it unless you have a few millions in the bank as a backup. just look at the numbers
per the Discovery chanel:
a regular Subaru STI is what? $36,000
a WRC subaru is 650,000 euros, yes, almost a friking million dolars, just the automatic trasmition, is a 250,000 euros. plus a 40 million budget for the entire team to win the event.
Old Jun 3, 2010, 02:00 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by alex3dworld
i love rally.
i won't recomend to anybody to even try it unless you have a few millions in the bank as a backup. just look at the numbers
a WRC subaru is 650,000 euros, yes, almost a friking million dolars, just the automatic trasmition, is a 250,000 euros. plus a 40 million budget for the entire team to win the event.
i guess you guys completely lost in this subject.

The rally is born because the mid class people . And LIVES because of them.
Yes the top 20 team is way out there , but they sponsored etc.

The 200 -300 cars running in an average eu rally not run buy 2-300 millionaire.

So as here. There is a lots of people who drives in the rally and they are NOT millionaire. That is why they have classes.

The WRC try to be snobby with the rally. That is why they dieing out. Besides no more turbod WRC car any more ...
The new rally group is the IRC where you can see everyone running.

On nationla or local events you can run it . You dont need a lottory ticket.

Why you guys think you need millions to enter the rally????

Last edited by Robevo RS; Jun 3, 2010 at 02:32 PM.
Old Jun 3, 2010, 02:01 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by alex3dworld
i love rally.
That is the key part of it. But I know there's this finnish tradition I saw on top-gear where they race really old junkyard cars that they get for like 300 quid and have fun. That might be a way to do it. We have enough junkyard cars here in the US to do that.
Old Jun 3, 2010, 02:29 PM
Evolved Member

alright , stop this need millions BS.

Every motor sport if you want to big, you need a big money, period.

For start you need a junk rally car which you can buy from the net, around 3-4 k. And the racing suits etc. which is all Motorsport requires anyway.

So you put around 10k in the rally and you can start. /just like if you start the Miata spec race on road course.../ with local events.

You dont need a great car, most likely will crash anyway in the beginning. Dont buy anything big until you did your first roll over LOL basic rule
Every rally driver rolled they car at least once.
So from there you need to maintenance your car, and go to the events. Like any other motorsport. Thats all.

Why you guys talking about something what you dont know?

/to race the evo is expensive, but as a beginners you cant run an evo anyway/

Rob

by the way talking about miata ...

Last weekend Rally Tennessee:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OKHvyeiVx4g

Last edited by Robevo RS; Jun 3, 2010 at 06:45 PM.
Old Jun 4, 2010, 01:22 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
evolution: AutoX -> HPDE -> HPRE lol
Old Jun 4, 2010, 03:00 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by letMeIn
evolution: AutoX -> HPDE -> HPRE lol
Old Jun 4, 2010, 08:50 PM
Evolving Member

There is one form of motor sport that the Evo would excel at; Rallycross. This is a circuit sport, half tarmac half dirt. Unfortunately this sport doesn't seem to exist in the US. If you want to know what I'm talking about search for "lydden hill" or "martin schanke" in Youtube.

I'm a big drag racing fan but for the life of me I cannot fathom why anyone would buy an Evo to DR. Its like having sex with a sheep; yes you can do it but whats the point.
Old Jun 4, 2010, 09:42 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by EvoForumUser12
There is one form of motor sport that the Evo would excel at; Rallycross. This is a circuit sport, half tarmac half dirt. Unfortunately this sport doesn't seem to exist in the US. If you want to know what I'm talking about search for "lydden hill" or "martin schanke" in Youtube.

I'm a big drag racing fan but for the life of me I cannot fathom why anyone would buy an Evo to DR. Its like having sex with a sheep; yes you can do it but whats the point.

Auto-x FTW ( for me ) but If my buddies goes to the drag strip then I'll go just for kicks and put some time in also. But I also would like to do TA/HPDE and NASA etc. I am more of an auto-x kinda of guy because I am still a noob but that's just my thing and maybe 1day step my game up, but I would never rally my baby ( that's just me ) But I sure do love to watch hill climbs and what not. It is like hockey I watch it for fights. Rally I watch it for the crashes and some people sit for hours just to watch a nascar go round 'n round and for the winner to do a burn out in the end to show who has the bigger ***** and who they daddy is like Ricky Bobby ! ......( but that's just me )

Last edited by chin0; Jun 4, 2010 at 09:44 PM.
Old Jun 4, 2010, 10:17 PM
Evolved Member

I cannot fathom why you'd run an Evo X in autocross... there's cars for half, **** even quarter the price that will spank or at least keep up with any Evo in most autocross courses. Don't even get me started on what they call "technical" courses either... that's a synonym for "10mph" courses
Old Jun 6, 2010, 04:27 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by EvoForumUser12

now rally cross is a real expensive with an evo. Probably the most expensive of all to get involved with an evo.
There is basically unlimited rules for the whole car /so be competitive you have to go at least 500 hp and tq/ and you WILL break and crash something at every event.

Not for average Joe with the Evo. Just for the start basically you need a spare car

Quick Reply: Why don't more Evo drivers try out Rally Racing their cars?