Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

The Stig Spotted Driving an Evo in California @ Chuckwalla Valley Raceway

Search this Thread

Old Oct 21, 2010, 06:27 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
cant wait to see the episode
Old Oct 21, 2010, 08:50 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I hoping Top Gear USA brings some life back into the series. Seems like the last couple seasons that the UK guys were just getting too old and too fake.

=J-
Old Oct 21, 2010, 11:32 AM
Evolved Member

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts
Originally Posted by LOGS
I hoping Top Gear USA brings some life back into the series. Seems like the last couple seasons that the UK guys were just getting too old and too fake.

=J-
I know what you mean. It's just nice to see fresh faces of people who aren't idiots. Obviously Tanner Foust is a professional driver, so watching him drive is VERY entertaining, plus you're getting the opinion of an actual car guy who knows these things inside and out. The other hosts (whose names I forget) clearly don't have as much expertise but are also car guys themselves, though they seem to do driving mostly when it's one of those competitions when all three drivers are involved, whether it's the Lamborghini race that they had from the YouTube video or the moonshine race in a $1,000 car (also seen in another YouTube preview).

While the other two guys are funny in their own ways, I do miss Jeremy Clarkson's sense of humor, who was definitely funnier. But it's nice to see cars that wouldn't normally be tested on Top Gear (like the Ford F150 Raptor) along with American celebrity guests.
Old Oct 21, 2010, 12:22 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by KJ82
Wonder what he was up to...
AutoEclectic.com invited a SoCal car forum (trackHQ.com) to compete against some Pros (hired guns)... entitled trackHQ.com -vs- the Pro.... kind of like a joe -vs- pro setup

The Evo 10 was used for the 1st round and then the owner of Chuckwalla lent his C6 Z06 on slicks for the 2nd and final round...

AutoElectric will be coming out with a full write up after SEMA and all the I can say is that I'm a proud member of trackHQ...!
Old Oct 21, 2010, 03:05 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by DeeezNuuuts83
That might be the UK Stig. The US one is pretty short (I saw him on Sunday at the filming) and while it's not impossible for them to use a different one, the Evo that they had for their use was a red X GSR, which they had filmed a segment with and was also parked outside of their studio. Also, the US Stig has a slightly different outfit.
I heard the white one is faster so they went with it

Originally Posted by DeeezNuuuts83
I know what you mean. It's just nice to see fresh faces of people who aren't idiots. Obviously Tanner Foust is a professional driver, so watching him drive is VERY entertaining, plus you're getting the opinion of an actual car guy who knows these things inside and out.
I'm not a big Tanner Foust fan, he may know about cars, but seems to talk more about himself in my opinion.
Old Oct 21, 2010, 03:26 PM
Evolved Member

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts
Originally Posted by cbr1000
I'm not a big Tanner Foust fan, he may know about cars, but seems to talk more about himself in my opinion.
Well, if it helps, he didn't talk anything about himself on the show or in the videotaped segments of him test driving cars. It's 100% about what he's driving.