Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

2010 Evo X SE Registry

Search this Thread

Old Dec 12, 2010, 07:06 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Jumperalex
Evo8tp and Evod350z: can you guys look on your driver's side door frame, as shown in the picture, and tell me if the number on your sticker (093 in this pic) matches your car's serial number?
Alright, the answear is negative... I also looked other possible numbers and no one matches, unfortunately...but as I expected lol
...Had to use my cellphone as illuminator
Old Dec 12, 2010, 07:08 PM
Evolving Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
haha oh well. it was worth a shot. Thanks.
Old Dec 12, 2010, 09:39 PM

No number yet, but I have a PB SE.
Old Dec 12, 2010, 10:24 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by MPACT
No number yet, but I have a PB SE.
Somewhat off topic, but how do you like paddle shifting vs manual? It's funny since I'm considering going back to a IX after 1.5 years of SST'ing.
Old Dec 12, 2010, 11:03 PM
Evolving Member

#32 Octane Blue
Old Dec 13, 2010, 05:03 AM

?? Wicked White
Old Dec 13, 2010, 06:44 AM
Evolved Member

Jaz #1 of 100

Evo FQ-400..

LOL >_>
Old Dec 13, 2010, 07:52 AM

had my car for a few months but no number yet and its a pb
Old Dec 13, 2010, 08:34 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Optiblue
Somewhat off topic, but how do you like paddle shifting vs manual? It's funny since I'm considering going back to a IX after 1.5 years of SST'ing.
Well its funny. I had driven several rentals with "manual automatics" and had decided they were beyond The Suck(tm). Then I test drove the X SST and immediatly understood the visceral difference (beyond the mechanics I already understood) that this "automatic manual" brought to the table.

Then I test drove a G70, without knowing anything about its tranny, and it too was as much The Suck as those POS rental cars.

Still the SST seemed like the best choice for a guy who deals with enough DC Beltway traffic that I choose to drive my MDX to work instead of my manual VIII. And that broke my heart every day but not as much as my distain for my commute in a stick.

Answering your question ... the first few days I started to regret my choice. The SST was amazing technically and when doing a WOT run on an entrance ramp, but I still missed that feel of handling the shifting myself. My body could not reconcile having no clutch but dealing with the shifts myself. It was a muscle memory thing since my other car is an auto and my body quickly identifies when I should be in auto mode versus manual mode.

Then two things happened. First I drove it to work, in traffic, and I immediatly understood why I made the choice I did. I was having FUN with my car in 2 miles of stop and go traffic that was all uphill. And understand, this traffic isn't an occasional thing. It happens EVERY DAY, TWO TIMES A DAY. It is just life in DC/N. VA and driving onto a base that is overloaded to start with and now is accepting 20k more people thanks to BRAC.

Second, and this is really the key, I started to remember to shift and but forgot that I didn't have a clutch. That is to say, I actually find myself stabbing for the clutch when I have to make fast stops or pulling into a parking spot. My brain and body have made the leap, and accepted that I am driving something more than a damn automatic. Make no mistake, if this were a track car I'd probably still want a manual just for the fun of it, though I LOVE being able to shift mid corner at WOT without upsetting anything, so perhaps not.

So, a very long winded answer to your question, but frankly this was exactly the type of story I was looking for when I was on the fence with my choice. I wanted to hear from someone who didn't just say, "oh yeah well I got the SST because it is a daily driver and so I'm just accepting it as a less of two evils." I wanted to hear from someone who had really embraced the SST beyond saying, "I love it".
Old Dec 13, 2010, 02:54 PM
Former Sponsor

Mine is WW # 40 of 340

I agree it IS kind of a special deal for a well...special car!
Old Dec 13, 2010, 03:43 PM

Looks like I made the list already. LOL

Btw, it seems the numbering is seemingly random. Nothing indicative on the car's VIN as to the number I received.
Old Dec 13, 2010, 03:45 PM
Evolving Member

Yeah nor other numbers found on the car Would it have been so hard to put a sticker or plate. Heck for all we know we're just getting random key chains based on which one a dude pulls out of a box. If it isn't even just purchase order :O

Last edited by Jumperalex; Dec 13, 2010 at 03:48 PM.
Old Dec 13, 2010, 03:54 PM

Originally Posted by Jumperalex
Yeah nor other numbers found on the car Would it have been so hard to put a sticker or plate. Heck for all we know we're just getting random key chains based on which one a dude pulls out of a box. If it isn't even just purchase order :O
Interesting point... we could solve the latter idea by posting our purchase date as well.

Mine was October 24th, 2010
Old Dec 13, 2010, 03:58 PM
Evolved Member

WW waiting on number
Old Dec 14, 2010, 07:25 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
makes me wish I had bought one now lol I was close to pulling the trigger on a WW, but I decided to keep my IX MR

Quick Reply: 2010 Evo X SE Registry