Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Crashed my evo

Search this Thread

Old Feb 28, 2011, 04:23 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I know this sounds totally d**k but I would have called both ICEs'. ICE and the POLICE.

i hope to god her insurance will cover your loss. I'm so sorry for you man, If I had a WW i'd send my fenders to you and get CF, I don't mind the CF... WW's are so clean tho you gotta keep it white.

Best of luck to you man... maybe West Coast Customs? get CF fenders and have them paint them for you? You're not paying anyway right.
Old Feb 28, 2011, 05:05 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I know the feeling man.. I was just rear ended a week ago and now have to deal with BS insurance crap. Good luck!
Old Feb 28, 2011, 05:34 PM
Evolving Member

That hurts just looking at. Sorry to hear.
Old Feb 28, 2011, 06:14 PM

damn sorry man... some chick cut me off today and almost crashed my x
Old Feb 28, 2011, 06:24 PM
Evolving Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
I get upset if i notice a scratch or a ding on my X i cant imagine if someone hit me. I would hit them back but with my fist.
Old Feb 28, 2011, 07:37 PM
Evolving Member

My body shop called today. Saying they are painting her tonight and she should be ready tomorrow. Total damages cost me $4,000 to repair.
I got all new OEM parts except for the hood. Bodyshop said they "repaired" the hood. I didnt know you could repair aluminum... Anyways, they said we had to "cut" it and repaint it. Bodyshop said i wont even notice it.

So my biggest concern is hood fitment and making sure the HIDs are properly aligned. (also work with the manual levering system inside the car)
Any advice on what I should look for? Im gonna do an alignment just in case.

Im still gonna take the car to a Mitsu dealership and have the Techs check her out to make sure everything is as it should be.

Ill post pics of the repaired car so you guys can see.

Thanks for all the support.

P.S. God im so sick of driving automatics these past 2 weeks. My left foot is bruised from hitting all those dead pedals hahah.
Old Feb 28, 2011, 07:50 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
i was stopped in a parking lot aug 09 waiting for a car to move out of my way so i could park. the car next to me just backed up. crushed my drive door fender rocker fenderliner ****ed it all up. the real kicker. my car was broken into the night before and i was going to work and gonna drop it off at the dealer on lunch for the repairs. alpine ivad106 in dash dvd gone. ipod touch gone wallet gone... 600 in credit card charges... FML my buddy literally held me back from beating the kid to a pulp when he asked... ''why you so mad! i have insurance, its gonna be fixed.'' all in all took over four months to be fixed and painted... then had to go to the dealer for the dash repairs and radio install... 2 days 8000

really sorry to hear about your troubles bro i can honestly say i feel your pain
Old Feb 28, 2011, 08:06 PM
Evolving Member

Poor evo Sorry man, that sucks. Hope you get her fixed and back soon!
Old Mar 1, 2011, 12:52 AM

that doesnt look as bad as i imagined before seeing the pics. i would just go aftermarket like others have said. maybe work a drug deal with the repair shop and get them to put aftermarket fenders on the "repair bill" and let that c***'s insurance eat the cost! if there is anything i would hate about some of my fellow americans, its the fact that 80% of them dont know how to drive. in germany, germans have to go through about a year long course (IIRC) and pay the equivalent to about 2000 dollars to get their license. then for i think the first 2 years they are under a type of probation with driving, meaning that little tickets like speeding and failing to yield etc apply more points against their license. i think the states needs to implement something like this. then maybe one day the states could have an autobahn as well! i know part of the german driver's course is high speed driving, which is awesome! they have to drive at least 180kmh for a certain distance (i forgot).
Old Mar 1, 2011, 10:57 PM
Evolving Member

Got my car back today. It looks really good. I cant even tell there was damage. HOWEVER, my right HID light is definitely not OEM. Its not as bright as the non-damaged one. The new light is yellowish and not as bright. Do evo HID's come fully assembled? or did i get some crappy aftermarket bulb? The housing is OEM and everything looks great, its just the light is not the same as my other one.

I couldnt notice this as i picked up the car at 4pm. But at night time i can clearly see the difference. Do i change out the bulb? Or do i need a whole new light/casing set up?
Thanks.
Old Mar 1, 2011, 11:16 PM

that sucks... i hate to see these photos... i own a wicked white too... but mine is just a DE...
Old Mar 1, 2011, 11:23 PM
Evolved Member

the price of having aluminum fenders isn't just limited to cost, it seems.
Old Mar 2, 2011, 12:43 PM

That sucks. Someone tried to steal my Evo and destroyed most of the dash. Took the body shop more than 2 months to get parts and cost the insurance $3500.
Old Mar 3, 2011, 11:33 AM

Originally Posted by nefarious_Saint
Got my car back today. It looks really good. I cant even tell there was damage. HOWEVER, my right HID light is definitely not OEM. Its not as bright as the non-damaged one. The new light is yellowish and not as bright. Do evo HID's come fully assembled? or did i get some crappy aftermarket bulb? The housing is OEM and everything looks great, its just the light is not the same as my other one.

I couldnt notice this as i picked up the car at 4pm. But at night time i can clearly see the difference. Do i change out the bulb? Or do i need a whole new light/casing set up?
Thanks.
Go back to the bodyshop and tell them to fix it. It's a PIA to get to the headlights as is, and you shouldn't need to do it yourself.
Old Mar 3, 2011, 02:54 PM
Evolved Member

Wow... It definitely sucks... OP they might not be HID's in there. You need to give them a call and ask what did they do on behalf of the headlight and its components.

Quick Reply: Crashed my evo