Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Crashed my evo

Search this Thread

Old Mar 3, 2011, 04:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by KJ82
Wow... It definitely sucks... OP they might not be HID's in there. You need to give them a call and ask what did they do on behalf of the headlight and its components.
I am not so sure you can put regular bulbs instead of HIDs in there...But maybe they replaced his headlight with a non-projector version though?
Old Mar 3, 2011, 07:23 PM
Evolving Member

I called the bodyshop, they said they replaced it with an OEM HID light. Bodyshop manager told me they ordered parts based off my VIN. My buddy who has an Evo X as well thinks the lights are new and need time to adjust (warm up) for them to look like my old lights.

My other buddy said they could have put in a crappy bulb/ ballast. I called the bodyshop and the manager agreed to put in my old bulb from the wreck. He said he needs to take off the bumper to do it and it will require 3 hours of work.

So do i wait for the yellow to "warm up"? OR do i go back and have my old bulb put in.
I dont even know what the ballast has to do with anything.

Thanks guys.
Old Mar 4, 2011, 05:46 AM

Go to the body shop and pull the bulb yourself. I don't see how it can three hours to remove a light bulb from a bumper that is not on the car.
Old Mar 4, 2011, 05:46 AM

To crash a car is bad enough, but an Evo....damn. You have my sympathy.
Old Mar 4, 2011, 01:48 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by aduke05
Go to the body shop and pull the bulb yourself. I don't see how it can three hours to remove a light bulb from a bumper that is not on the car.

No, its gonna take 3 hours to put the old bulb into my evo. The bumper will have to come off the fixed car and then they can put in the light from the crash.
This all seems like such a hassle.
Old Mar 4, 2011, 09:26 PM

Damm sorry to see that, glad everyone was ok.
Old Mar 5, 2011, 11:41 AM

at the very least, you can take solace in the fact that the repairs appear to be confined to "bolt on" parts.
Old Mar 5, 2011, 12:34 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by nefarious_Saint
Got my car back today. It looks really good. I cant even tell there was damage. HOWEVER, my right HID light is definitely not OEM. Its not as bright as the non-damaged one. The new light is yellowish and not as bright. Do evo HID's come fully assembled? or did i get some crappy aftermarket bulb? The housing is OEM and everything looks great, its just the light is not the same as my other one.

I couldnt notice this as i picked up the car at 4pm. But at night time i can clearly see the difference. Do i change out the bulb? Or do i need a whole new light/casing set up?
Thanks.
I was just thinking... is it possible they put a different colour temperature bulb in the car?

I know usually they recommend replacing bulbs in pairs so you get the same colour.