Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Brake Squealing Complaint

Search this Thread

Old Feb 25, 2011, 11:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Brake Squealing Complaint

Wow with all the negative and semi positive feedbacks, you guys are right I should get a new car. Evo's are not what there cut out to be but at least my Honda did not squeal, thanks for the feedback. I've taken your suggestion and erased the post, no more whinning. I love my EVO with squealing brakes!

Last edited by Trbospnkr; Feb 28, 2011 at 11:17 PM. Reason: adding more info
Old Feb 25, 2011, 11:12 PM

i have the same problem! it so fricken annoying and embarresing driving up somewhere in a 2010 evo x and sqeaking.. :/ i read somewhere that sometimes sand/salt gets stuck in the Brembos which causes them to squeak. im just waiting for the snow to melt to check my breaks
Old Feb 25, 2011, 11:14 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Dude, all Brembos squeak.. It's not uncommon. Everytime I go to Evo meets, it sounds like a train station. Get used to it or switch to some different calipers..
Old Feb 25, 2011, 11:30 PM

Brake squealing is ok with this guy

So your ok with buying a 30k car and 1500 miles later the brakes are squealing like you've had for 1-2 years right? Thanks for your comments Genius!

Originally Posted by Remixx02
Dude, all Brembos squeak.. It's not uncommon. Everytime I go to Evo meets, it sounds like a train station. Get used to it or switch to some different calipers..
Old Feb 25, 2011, 11:54 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Trbospnkr
So your ok with buying a 30k car and 1500 miles later the brakes are squealing like you've had for 1-2 years right? Thanks for your comments Genius!
So you think that your complaint is going to change something that has been in production for 13 years? I had a '98 Evo 5 which is the first model Evo with the Brembo package and guess what.. The brakes squeaked on those too. You made it sound like you're the only one with this issue; I was reassuring you that you're not. No need for your little smart comments.
Old Feb 25, 2011, 11:59 PM
Evolved Member

Oh, and I've also had my brembos replaced under warranty due to paint pealing and those squealed too. The original ones and new ones do now.
Old Feb 26, 2011, 12:11 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 72 Likes on 52 Posts
I'm with Remixx02 on this. I think all my brakes have squealed and I have had 6-10 sets of different brake pads. The damn car is not a Lexus, BMW, or Mercedes so I don't expect it to as quiet as grave yard. **** you would cry if you went in my car because it makes all kinds of rattles, clunks, clinks, and squeaks. And guess what? It's an Evo not a fking prius!!!!!!Go try some duralast c-max's or w/e they're called if you don't want any squeaking or better yet just sell your car!!!!!The awesome squeal/screech track pads make=bad***, because that's how I know my brakes are doing there job

Last edited by L888Apex; Feb 26, 2011 at 12:18 AM.
Old Feb 26, 2011, 12:23 AM
Evolving Member

When I first got my evo the brake pads was the first thing i changed because of the squeaking, after that did not work i changed the rotors thinking it was going to fix the problem, to this day my brakes still squeak..i guess is somethng you learn to live with.
Old Feb 26, 2011, 12:29 AM

what the **** do you expect from high performance brakes?!?

I'd hate to see you complain if you ever use race pads
Old Feb 26, 2011, 12:58 AM
Evolving Member

mines chirp. lol try not to ride the brakes of course. constant braking stop and go heats them rotors up fast zzz lol get a set of slotted. maybe those would help scrape the stuff off them rotors
Old Feb 26, 2011, 01:15 AM
Evolving Member

Mine squeek too. It's normal. Seems like everyone has your "problem"
Old Feb 26, 2011, 01:33 AM
Evolved Member

Holy crap... stop making so much noise! The stock brakes make noise... that's how they are. If you don't like the noise... change to a different type of brake pad. Simple as that. Stop being such a whiney baby. What are you gonna do next? Insist President Obama look into your brake squeal?
Old Feb 26, 2011, 01:52 AM
Evolving Member

we dont have to flame. people just need to rant! lol cmon. we all get annoyed at something sometimes lol
Old Feb 26, 2011, 02:10 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 72 Likes on 52 Posts
Originally Posted by AutOtaku
we dont have to flame. people just need to rant! lol cmon. we all get annoyed at something sometimes lol
Yeah but all don't whine about it like it's the end of the world
Old Feb 26, 2011, 05:37 AM
Evolving Member

To the OP.... The stock pads are aggressive. Pretty much everyone that's commented has the same issue. Why not try to switch to something less aggressive, sand your rotors and call it a day. I'm going with the Girodisc stage 2 with magic pads. I would figure the dust level of the stock pads would be more annoying then occasional squeal. Try running Axxis Ultimates and you'll want to pull your hair out of your head.

Quick Reply: Brake Squealing Complaint