Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

How much is my car worth?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 28, 2011, 12:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How much is my car worth?

Hello everyone,

First off, I'm not sure if this is in the right section.

Second, I hate hate hate hate hate to have to ask this question.

You can skip this blog/explanation if you'd like and see the description below.

Blog/Explanation:
So I bought my X used, back in March, knowing I could afford the car itself, but didn't think about anything else. I have the money for gas, oil changes, maintenance, etc, but I'm just not sure if it's worth it. I put at least 1,000 miles on the car each month just for commuting, so the gas bill is no fun especially living in the city I live in. I have LOVED cars as long as I can remember, and this was at the top of my dream cars list. Problem is, my profession requires me to take a bunch of exams for the next 4-6 years of my life, so I don't have any free time to take this to the track or do anything fun with it. I would love to, but I have no time at all. Basically, for now, I feel like a better commuter car would be the best choice for me for the near future. The car is everything I dreamed it would be and never let me down, but I don't think now is the time.

Car:
I have an OB 2010 Evo X Special Edition (#11). It has about 18,000 miles on it and is in pretty much perfect condition. It has the navigation system with the basic sound system. It just has a few small rock chips, but the aren't really noticeable. The engine bay is spotless and I wash/shammy every inch of this car including the gas compartment and the trunk. The interior is like it was at 0 miles. The car is bone stock and hasn't been launched or tracked. The car had one previous owner from June of last year to March when I bought it and it had about 12,000 on it at that point and the car was spotless. It didn't even look like he drove it. He had to get rid of it because he had twins coming and needed money.

I'm just curious what you guys think it would go for? 28-30k? Or am I being crazy there. I'm going to start looking at dealers to see what trade-in values are, but I assume I could get more money selling to an individual.

Thanks for any advice/quotes. If this is in the wrong section let me know.

Again, thanks guys and sorry you had to read this

Last edited by edIT; Aug 28, 2011 at 12:11 PM.
Old Aug 28, 2011, 12:28 PM
Evolving Member

Yes you will do better selling in privately rather then trading it in! Run some numbers off kBB, Edmunds.com, and NADA. The numbers will be all over the place really, but will at least give you an idea of what price to list it. Also, I would look at Cars.com, and Autotrader, and see what some other 2010 X with your mileage, etc are selling for. Good luck! It sucks you have to sell, but sometimes it just makes better sense.
Old Aug 28, 2011, 07:22 PM
Evolving Member

Your reasons for selling don't even make sense. You don't have to go to the track to enjoy this car. The Evo is a great DD. Plus you have the SE? Keep it. Drive it. Enjoy it.
Old Aug 28, 2011, 07:31 PM
Evolved Member

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by Supraboy1
The Evo is a great DD. Plus you have the SE? Keep it. Drive it. Enjoy it.
This. I average about 1,700 miles per month and love every single minute of it and it's worth every penny.
Old Aug 28, 2011, 07:57 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Kracka
This. I average about 1,700 miles per month and love every single minute of it and it's worth every penny.
+++111...Love this car as a DD. Makes my 1+ hour drive to/from work each way well worth it!!!