Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

I love my evo x but..

Search this Thread

Old Sep 10, 2011, 06:00 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I love my evo x but..

man whats this car made of, i feel like i keep finding new dings everyday, i just got some repaired and i just found two new ones, i always try and park as far away from anyone as possible but some idiot always parks next to me, i remember when i had my 05 lancer i didnt have this problem, idk if its just me or what, any one else agree? oh sorry for the rant guys, try trying to vent a little.

P.S i still love my evo tho and its been my dream car since i was a kid but man they should of used better material.
Old Sep 10, 2011, 06:05 AM
Evolving Member

Its not that mitsu should of made better material. People should be mOre curteous of other peoples sh*t. I suggest parkung farther than you do now.
Old Sep 10, 2011, 06:31 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Evod350z
Its not that mitsu should of made better material. People should be mOre curteous of other peoples sh*t. I suggest parkung farther than you do now.
+1

I'm going on three months w/o any door dings... knock on wood. I actually lost weight when I bought my evo b/c I park it so far away from where I have to be.
Old Sep 10, 2011, 08:02 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
going on 2 months and not a mark on the car. Whats funny is when i bought a brand new 370z, within the first 2 months there was a hit and run on my car and 2 door dings...i turned down the "Smart Program" that fixes that **** for free. I got it this time with the evo and havent had to use it..lol
Old Sep 10, 2011, 08:08 AM

Yea, I'm just countin' down the days before I see that first ding/dent etc. It's inevitable as I live in the congested LA area. It's unfortunate but I've really come to accept the fact that my car WILL be dinged and many times at that... and now I'm not as bothered by it. I've got less than 500 miles on mine... WW at that.... and of course now that we are talking about it, I'm sure I'll go down to my garage and find a scratch or ding....
Old Sep 10, 2011, 10:30 AM
Sev
Evolved Member

I know how you feel. I see flaws everywhere on my car...
Old Sep 10, 2011, 11:22 AM
Evolving Member

Atleast its somone you dont know doing the scratches and dings. I caught my mother last winter storm trying to remove 3ft of snow off my car with a shovel lol. She thought she was helping. Lets just say i told her to stop in the nicest abd most assertive way.
Old Sep 10, 2011, 12:42 PM

I feel for you, man
Old Sep 10, 2011, 12:46 PM
Evolved Member

Received 47 Likes on 41 Posts
Originally Posted by Evod350z
Atleast its somone you dont know doing the scratches and dings. I caught my mother last winter storm trying to remove 3ft of snow off my car with a shovel lol. She thought she was helping. Lets just say i told her to stop in the nicest abd most assertive way.
with a punch to the face..
Old Sep 10, 2011, 12:58 PM
T6
Evolving Member

Welcome man haha. A few things I do when I park... Make sure at least one side is at a median/curb so if anything is going to happen it will happen to one side only and part as close as you can to the median/curb. I always park less than an inch away.

Park in the far far far place. For example when I go to walmart, I literally park in the FARTHEST area even if it is raining... I dont care about getting wet, it is just water as long as my car is safe... At my apt complex everyone knows how much I care about my car and they really do not park beside unless they have to and if they do they always leave enough space for their whole door to be open without hitting mine. My neighbors are awesome They have seen me do some work on my car out at the lot so they know I love my baby. As for rock chips and what not, I think I gave up on using the touch up pen... I used to do it every day (at least checked) when I got the car then once a week now I dont even care... I have accepted the POS paint for what it is and I plan on painting the car in yellow and put on clear bra.
Old Sep 10, 2011, 01:39 PM

Best thing that can be done after excessive dings and small scratches it to ignore them. Seriously it may be an eye sore, but things happen and careless people are out to get our cars.
Old Sep 10, 2011, 01:54 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by ityn
+1

I'm going on three months w/o any door dings... knock on wood. I actually lost weight when I bought my evo b/c I park it so far away from where I have to be.

I like this suggestion, maybe if I start parking my car at home and walking to the store, I'll finally fit super comfy in the nice recaros

Old Sep 10, 2011, 02:47 PM
Evolving Member

rally car
Old Sep 10, 2011, 03:12 PM

after a year on my 08, I didn't have any problems but then after that first year things went wrong. Paint damages, people keying it, & 2 shopping cart landed on my door on the same day. Seems like all of them were done on purpose :\
Old Sep 10, 2011, 03:52 PM
Evolving Member

thanks for the responses guys, now i know i aint the only one lol

Quick Reply: I love my evo x but..