Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Anyone use dr. Color chip on a phantom black?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 6, 2013, 07:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I used it on my black s2000 and it worked pretty well. You can find the touched up areas if you are closer than 5 feet but from farther away it looks good. I found that applying a layer of paint and letting it dry for a few hours and then applying a second layer worked better. After the second coat dried for awhile then apply the pink solution that comes with the kit. I can also say that if your afraid of trying the method that suggested in the instructions of using a rag to apply paint it doesn't work to bad. I was afraid to try it at first but you can get an quick coat on if you have a lot of small chips that way.
Old Mar 9, 2013, 02:27 PM
Evolved Member

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by landis
I have used dr color chip before and concur that it doesn't fill the chip. What works best for me is getting spray paint from www.paintscratch .com and spraying a little in the cap and dabbing it on with the end of a paper match. Let it dry and then repeat with layers of clear till the chip is a little proud. Then use 600 grit on the of a pencil eraser (super glue works best) and blend the edges and the polish it up to a nice shine. I spend a couple of afternoons a year doing it. Time consuming, but the chips are virtually invisible

Ain't nobody got time for that
Old Mar 11, 2013, 10:02 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What about LANGKA Paint Chip and Scratch Repair?