Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Ok ok please forgive my ignorance but,

Old Feb 3, 2012, 01:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ok ok please forgive my ignorance but,

I'm going to get an evo soon and I hate sounding like 99% of people who want one but I am interested in Rally. Now I am not trying to do it to become pro, I'm fine with the Air Force as my career, but amateur sounds like a fun hobby along with working with an Evo itself. I do know that rally requires a two liter four cylinder for engine size among other things. My questions are should I buy the Rally sport and replace the minor parts with Evo parts or buy an evo and swap the v6? Also is this goal even semi realistic?
Old Feb 3, 2012, 01:32 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Old Feb 3, 2012, 01:34 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by ahayes04
or buy an evo and swap the v6?
WTF?

I'm not sure that I would buy an X for Rally. It also seems like you have a lot of research to do before getting started with this.
Old Feb 3, 2012, 01:45 PM
Evolved Member

so you wanna RallyX? I did it once way back with my '02 WRX. Alot of fun. my all seasons were not up to the dirt AT ALL. VERY nearly crashed my baby, couldn't put my power down, or negotiate curves, got smoked by people driving "POS"es that knew what they were doing ha ha ha ha.

Knowing that, I'd get any old beater for it nowadays (or maybe put some decent tires on my old WRX since my new baby is the Evo, LOL), perhaps a beater with rally heritage like a hyundai accent or a mazda 323. go through your initial learning curve with a dirt cheap beater and THEN once you know what you are doing, get your "expensive" rally monster.

I beat the living snot out of my WRX, jumped it, bashed it up a little, drove it on gravel, knocked my stock wheels out of true. I won't do that to my Evo.
Old Feb 3, 2012, 01:52 PM

Originally Posted by NFSLancerRA
WTF?

I'm not sure that I would buy an X for Rally. It also seems like you have a lot of research to do before getting started with this.

^^This.. what in gods name.. v6 swap?
Old Feb 3, 2012, 01:54 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Oh My Evo X
I was kind of thinking the same thing, what is an evo V6 swap?
Old Feb 3, 2012, 01:55 PM
Evolving Member

LOL, what are you talking about the V6?
1) Professional rally WRC rules do not apply to you, unless you are going to race there.
2) Google “rally-cross” and find some around your area, also you can rally-cross ANY car that you have. You don’t need an AWD car specially an new or expensive car since it will get damaged and abused. After participating in some Rally-cross event you will get the idea on what to do or where to go from there.
Old Feb 3, 2012, 01:58 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Oh My Evo X
I equate this to when I get asked by dumb kids at gas stations whether or not my car is twin-turbo. Idiots.
Old Feb 3, 2012, 02:16 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by blk-majik
this man knows his trolls.

0/10 troll fail
Old Feb 3, 2012, 03:18 PM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I was tempted to say that you posted in the wrong forum - that you want to be in the forum for Evo 8s and 9s, instead of Xs - but after reading the previous replies, it's clear that even wouldn't be enough of a change. Google "DirtyEvo." Talk to you again soon.
Old Feb 3, 2012, 03:20 PM
Evolved Member

I'm thinking, troll too HOWEVER, just because good commenting is good commenting:

Guy I knew got into regional amateur rally. His car of choice, 80's Audi. Thing was BADASS (probably hard to find parts for now a days), but the car he started with was a salvaged title beater.

Step 1:
I say find a beat-to-hell suabaru (even like a loyale or something).

Step 2:
For mods...drop the weight, add no power.

Step 3:
Makes sure you safety equipment is great.

Step 4:
Spend a lot of timing improving the driver mod.

Step Elebenty Million:
Get sponsor to buy your EvoX to Rally
Old Feb 3, 2012, 03:26 PM
Evolving Member

V6...???
Old Feb 4, 2012, 12:40 AM

Look I'm not even going to attempt to deny this. I know very very little about cars. The only one that's ever stood out to me is the Evo. I assure you I'm not trolling you. Please don't try to insult my intelligence, by no chance am I stupid. As I've said I know almost nothing about cars. I can drive manual, change my own, spark plugs and tires that's it. Nothing that's worth using in building a nice car. I was told forums are a great way to find such things out. I was just about to do something so I registered this account and posted this in a rush. Any actual help as far as research or information would be highly appreciated.
Old Feb 4, 2012, 06:11 AM

i never knew my evo had a v6! thats why she so fast!
Old Feb 4, 2012, 06:16 AM
Evolved Member

I was trying to give an honest response. I only suggested an old Subie because I'm sure no one on here would want to see an Evo 8 or 9 get wrecked, but if it was a Subie, they would be cheering inside a little.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Ok ok please forgive my ignorance but,