Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Please read may be in search but im just asking

Search this Thread

Old Feb 29, 2012, 06:27 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by seanr8368
Tune going be around 400.00 but remember when you add things you should and sometimes have to retune , so another 400.00. best to buy alot then put it all on and tune
I plan on keeping my Evo stock but will pay for a tune if it helps the stock Evo. But Im trying to figure out why it will be worth paying for a tune on a stock evo
Old Feb 29, 2012, 06:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Kendogg
I plan on keeping my Evo stock but will pay for a tune if it helps the stock Evo. But Im trying to figure out why it will be worth paying for a tune on a stock evo

Did you read my huge post? Also it may help to call shops and see what they can do for you and what gains they think you will see.
Old Feb 29, 2012, 06:37 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Oh My Evo X
Did you read my huge post? Also it may help to call shops and see what they can do for you and what gains they think you will see.
No I did not. Do you have a link? And Im really not trying to get gains at the sacrifice of the car. I wouldnt mid getting a tune if it increases hp and mpg and is better for the car overall. But I always lean towards the OEM knowing what they designed. So I would think the OEM tune is best. But I am open for reasoning otherwise.
Old Feb 29, 2012, 06:38 PM

Go to page one, Last post.
Old Feb 29, 2012, 06:43 PM
Former Sponsor

Good basic progression:

Daily Driver: (Stock Block)

CBE
HFC/TP
DP
CAI/UICP/LICP/IC
TUNE/3-Port

Leave your spark plugs and fuel system alone.

Magnus CMC Kit/Act HDSS
Coilovers/Swaybars/Bushings
Pads/Rotors/Lines (if you want to)
New Wheels

Then you can look into building the block, upgrading the turbocharger, playing with different fuel systems, and really giving the car hell. I would go through the motions of adding basic bolt-ons as you get a feel for the car. You will be happy with it for a long time just learning how she reacts to different things. When you need more power, then build the block and go from there. Simple as that. I would recommend learning what everything does, if you are not automotive inclined (some are, some aren't). I have a link in my signature to a great selection of readings which I have found useful, over the years. Enjoy the car. Be safe.
Old Feb 29, 2012, 06:44 PM
Former Sponsor

Go to page one, Last post.
There are 5 different ways in which you can display threads. That isn't helpful, as we are still on page one in my view. List a post number, when possible.
Old Feb 29, 2012, 06:51 PM
Evolving Member

First thing I did was change the shift knob and TWM shifter cage/Works short shifter. If you're driving with a friend in the passenger seat, you're more than likely to touch his/her leg when you're shifting into 5th.
Old Feb 29, 2012, 06:53 PM

Originally Posted by NFSLancerRA
There are 5 different ways in which you can display threads. That isn't helpful, as we are still on page one in my view. List a post number, when possible.

Good call, Post #15

Old Feb 29, 2012, 06:59 PM
Former Sponsor

Ah, much better! Thanks.
Old Feb 29, 2012, 07:01 PM

NFSlancerRA... Only assuming that you drive a RA. Interested in an EVO X Turbo?
Old Feb 29, 2012, 07:05 PM
Evolved Member

Good call, Post #15

I actually didnt see that post at first for some reason. Thanks for taking the time to type that out for me. I understand that a tune will be needed (should be done) when making mods to my car. But if I decide to keep it stock, what will a tune help my car at? Why is the $500 worth the tune on a stock Evo? If a stock Evo needs a tune then its safe to say Mitsu did not tune it right. Why is this?
Old Feb 29, 2012, 07:09 PM
Evolving Member

NFSlancerRA... Only assuming that you drive a RA. Interested in an EVO X Turbo?
His RA was totalled and he got an Evo X turbo when he got his GSR.
Old Feb 29, 2012, 07:11 PM

Originally Posted by Kendogg
I actually didnt see that post at first for some reason. Thanks for taking the time to type that out for me. I understand that a tune will be needed (should be done) when making mods to my car. But if I decide to keep it stock, what will a tune help my car at? Why is the $500 worth the tune on a stock Evo? If a stock Evo needs a tune then its safe to say Mitsu did not tune it right. Why is this?

Not to accurate with Mitsu not doing the tune right. They have a good tune obviously with the car being already fast and everything running properly. It will just make it run smoother. Better fuel ratio, lean it out a bit. It's really hard to explain, but the gains are just unreal. The best thing to do is call up a shop, idk where you are from but for example call up Ivey from NJ, top of the line tuning shop, and just see what gains they would do for you on a stock evo x. They will be able to answer just about anything.
Old Feb 29, 2012, 07:12 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Alien Visitor
Wait. They make the Evo GSR in a turbo version? Why didnt my dealership offer me this?
Old Feb 29, 2012, 07:12 PM

Originally Posted by Alien Visitor
Haha, that makes perfect sense... Sorry to hear about the RA, but Even more, Glad to hear you got the Evo

Quick Reply: Please read may be in search but im just asking