Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Camera for Recording Vandalism

Search this Thread

Old Apr 22, 2012, 12:27 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by yoshe200
Try BlackVue DR400G-HD. It will only get the front view (or wherever you place it) but doubles as a driving recorder to record accidents as well. When you park and turn off your computer, it goes into a low power mode and activates and records when it detects motion.

I am thinking about getting one for myself.
I was looking at those recently too. Did you find anyone in the USA that sells them?

edit: nm found a bunch on ebay. Guess I will be picking one up.

I have a GoPro also but this thing is way better. Gopro only has 2 hr battery life and needs to be turned on manually.

Blackvue has motion detection, gps, and can record 24/7. It's good when i park outside or at work. My evo and my other cars all got dinged at work and now I can find the person if it happens again.

Plus this thing is more discrete looking then a Gopro.

Last edited by linjy2; Apr 22, 2012 at 12:45 PM.
Old Apr 22, 2012, 01:14 PM

Originally Posted by linjy2
I was looking at those recently too. Did you find anyone in the USA that sells them?

edit: nm found a bunch on ebay. Guess I will be picking one up.

I have a GoPro also but this thing is way better. Gopro only has 2 hr battery life and needs to be turned on manually.

Blackvue has motion detection, gps, and can record 24/7. It's good when i park outside or at work. My evo and my other cars all got dinged at work and now I can find the person if it happens again.

Plus this thing is more discrete looking then a Gopro.
Yeah thinking about getting mine on eBay as well.
Just can't justify it yet... recently spent a lot of money on tires and exhaust upgrade...
Old Apr 22, 2012, 01:19 PM

Thanks a bunch guys! I'll look into the ones you guys mentioned
Old Apr 23, 2012, 04:22 PM

Wow, so I've barely had time to do some research on cameras and they stole my mother's driver side mirror off of her Benz... Turns out the part is $700!!! :/
Old Apr 23, 2012, 05:38 PM
Account Disabled

Probably a good idea, but probably wont get anybody if they cover their face..
Old Apr 23, 2012, 06:12 PM
Evolved Member

I recall reading a story a while ago about a shooting in a Walgreens parking lot here in Florida which left an officer dead.

Since then Walgreens has made announcements that all their locations are to beef up their security in and around their stores for crimes like this and for the increasing trend of pharmacy robberies.

Either they never followed through or there is a good chance that the store you are talking about is not in line with the requirements that corporate has put in place for their stores.

I would look into it and find out, it may even be something that you can find out on their site and send a letter to corporate about the incidents at that location and the owners of the store (if its a franchised location) are reluctant to do anything about it.

I would be pissed too man...
Old Apr 5, 2016, 10:40 AM

Can you please

Originally Posted by 24boosted
^ +1 I bought two motion detecting cameras and they're mounted inside my car. Turn them on whenever I leave my car parked.
Can you please let me know which csmeras you mounted and where I can buy them?
Old Apr 5, 2016, 01:39 PM
kaj
EvoM Community Team Leader

Received 813 Likes on 678 Posts
I don't remember the setup, but one of my friends that owns a stereo shop had three interior cameras in his car. They all fed into an HDD that ran off the car battery. It's been a while, but I'm pretty sure he used it to bust someone breaking into the car.
This was years ago, I have to think there is now something plug-n-play and fairly priced.