Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Anti lag optoins (rally style)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 16, 2012, 12:02 AM
Evolving Member

Received 34 Likes on 24 Posts
Anti lag optoins (rally style)

So ive been interested to see what any EVO X owners haved used for Anti lag. Doing some seraching and would be very interested to see the (hardware) side of the WRC evoX ALS (or any other EVO X).
Normally i will always use a throttle kick style ALS (very easy thanks to drive by wire) and a good EMS.

Always cool to see what everyone else might be using though, i personally love the secondary air injection systems.
AntiLag systems part 1
AntiLag systems set up & tuning part 2

Perhaps the X just used a throttle kick set up of some type that didn't require any secondary air valve into the exhaust manifold?

*note not referring to the drag style antilag that can easily be tuned through the ECU

update video of my 4g63 vr4:

Update: Secodary air injection anti lag on S13

Update: 2jz running a combination of the Brewed Motors SAI and TBP antilag.

Last edited by tunermt; Jan 30, 2020 at 05:37 PM. Reason: picture broken
Old Jul 16, 2012, 12:22 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sounds like you and this guy would get along very well.

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ev...als-sound.html
Old Jul 16, 2012, 01:49 AM
Evolving Member

very interested to hear what he is using with the gems ecu
Old Jul 16, 2012, 04:18 AM
Evolved Member

Received 47 Likes on 37 Posts
Nothing, the X has a drive by wire system, so basically you need an ecu and the tuner to have an als. Not like the older systems.
Old Jul 16, 2012, 07:13 AM
Evolving Member

Ah of course drive by wire makes a perfect throttle kick type style set up. Thanks for the info
Old Jul 22, 2012, 07:21 PM
Evolving Member

strictly speaking turbine engines now.... well kinda

anyone here happen to know anything about using bypassed air from the compressor side of a turbine engine to help control egts pre turbine wheel/blades? (i'm talking about introducing the "fresh" air from the compressor side into the exhaust stream pre turbine wheel, post combustion to help cool egts pre turbine.)

I understand large turbines use some what similar methods to cool things down. (convection, film, and transpiration cooling).

**haha never mind just found the answer to this

Last edited by tunermt; Jul 22, 2012 at 07:29 PM.
Old Jul 24, 2012, 11:52 AM
Evolving Member

Anti-lag run no BOV/BPV use closed IC pipe with turbo with anti-surg porting that way the pipe is charged through every shift like WRC cars do.Can't post on turbo life span under this setup because no one knows for shure some run it fine for 40k + miles some blow there connecting rod in the turbo but that was reported on older stock turbo with no anti surg port after 20k+ miles on setup.
But if you do run this setup start a new forum and keep us informed I would if I had a turbo in the wings just in case.
Old Jul 24, 2012, 11:55 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by hackerrei
Anti-lag run no BOV/BPV use closed IC pipe with turbo with anti-surg porting that way the pipe is charged through every shift like WRC cars do.Can't post on turbo life span under this setup because no one knows for shure some run it fine for 40k + miles some blow there connecting rod in the turbo but that was reported on older stock turbo with no anti surg port after 20k+ miles on setup.
But if you do run this setup start a new forum and keep us informed I would if I had a turbo in the wings just in case.
You know adding extra lines in your posts or spaces between sentences doesn't cost you anything right?
Old Jul 24, 2012, 11:59 AM
Evolving Member

Yes I know but when I type it on my iphone it looks so nice then when I see the post it's all together and looks ugly. Sorry
Old Jul 25, 2012, 06:31 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by hackerrei
Perhaps I am reading something wrong but this information is not 100% correct and may be very misleading to someone trying to learn about als.
Most wrc anti lag systems do use a bypass valve. This valve is what bleeds the fresh air into the exhaust pre turbo. Air mixes with some fuel combustion happens turbo spins faster.

There is a lot more at play here than simply running no bov/bpv in the "standard" fashion that vents pressure from the ic pipes.
Old Jul 25, 2012, 06:50 AM
Evolving Member

I believe Cosworth has an ECU that has an anti lag setting...a bit pricey but if that's what you want
Old Jul 25, 2012, 07:07 AM
Evolving Member

indeed cosworth offers a GREAT motorsports friendly ECU!

and just for kicks, a nice little pic of some flame coming out the back of a slightly older evo

Old Jul 27, 2012, 04:53 AM
Evolved Member

Received 47 Likes on 37 Posts
That ecu is actually pectel, but more of the street tuner versions as i heard for a x.
But an awesome option for sure.
the racing pectels are more money and most likelly you will have a hard time to find a tuner who actually experienced enoigh to do it 100% rigjt.
Old Aug 20, 2012, 06:18 PM
Evolving Member

looking forward to working with a DTA ECU on an 8 in the near future. Anyone here using any of the DTAfast boxes?
Old Aug 21, 2012, 05:53 AM
Evolving Member

Here is some thing I found that would be a good addition for a rally car.
It's a 2 step misfire system.

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ev...re-system.html

Quick Reply: Anti lag optoins (rally style)