Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

NEED SOME OPINIONS...Gauges

Search this Thread

Old Oct 4, 2012, 01:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Should have just gone with zietronix or aem boost/wideband failsafe, too many guages attracts unwanted attention at least where I live, stage 2 ? boost/af is all you need, plus you can data log if you need to (zt-2)
Old Oct 5, 2012, 07:09 AM

Originally Posted by Kracka
So...you're adding gauges for the sake of adding gauges?
No.

i have all of the parts to go stage 2 and i want to know what changes will occur in comparison of stock vs. tuned. Boost pressure, oil pressure, oil temp...etc. I am purchasing them for actual use. Autocross in Florida can be brutal on cooling.
Old Oct 5, 2012, 07:10 AM

Originally Posted by TheBlade
I think the AEM's are 52mm, or at least my last AEM UEGO was.

What pod are you running, the DSG one? Defi makes great gauges, but having a controller for them is a PITA. Personally I think you'd be happier if you went all AEM or if you're on a tight budget Prosports. But there's a lot of love/hate feedback on them. I had Prosport Premium Boost and AEM WB and liked both, but with my 2gauge DSG pillar I bought, I'm going AEM for both gauges.
I am going to run this one:

http://www.cp-e.com/products/mitsubi...evox-gauge-pod

I was considering Prosports. how are they?
Old Oct 5, 2012, 07:13 AM

Originally Posted by lakay888
Should have just gone with zietronix or aem boost/wideband failsafe, too many guages attracts unwanted attention at least where I live, stage 2 ? boost/af is all you need, plus you can data log if you need to (zt-2)
I am autocrossing this car in Florida. I would like to have monitoring with some memory. The heat is pretty hard on it.
Old Oct 5, 2012, 07:15 AM

Originally Posted by momostallion
i explicitly wanted no gauges. i have the aem x-wifi so i can use my phone + wifi to see my wideband, i have FP under the hood, the rest of it i can see on evoscan or the sdcard logs, or torque pro.
thats pretty cool. can you send me a link to what you have?
Old Oct 5, 2012, 07:32 AM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by EvilYeti
thats pretty cool. can you send me a link to what you have?
this is the wideband i have: http://www.aemelectronics.com/x-wifi-35/
Old Oct 5, 2012, 08:46 AM
Evolved Member

this is the wideband i have: http://www.aemelectronics.com/x-wifi-35/
MoMo mentioned how he uses X-Fi. I know you said you use Torque too, should bug Ian Hawking to let torque grab the WB (and EGT if you're using it) from the URL from the adhoc connection and pull the value into Torque. That would be sweet.

This is a couple torque themes I made:

Old Oct 5, 2012, 09:41 AM

Originally Posted by TheBlade
MoMo mentioned how he uses X-Fi. I know you said you use Torque too, should bug Ian Hawking to let torque grab the WB (and EGT if you're using it) from the URL from the adhoc connection and pull the value into Torque. That would be sweet.

This is a couple torque themes I made:

Is this only able to be displayed on your iphone or is there a way that i can route this to show up on my Mitsubishi Mulitimedia Screen??
Old Oct 5, 2012, 10:05 AM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
it's an android app that gets data via bluetooth obd-II adapter, so no, it wont work on mitsu screen unless some how you turned it in an android device.

i think eventually i am going to do another tablet install, this time on my evo with a nexus 7 but only if i can bribe ian hawkings to make mode 23 work. (i can see my wideband from that).

torque has a plugin based system you can develop on so i might be able to make an aem x-wifi plug-in. two issues with the idea though are android doesnt like adhoc wifi networks and i dont know if you can make plugins display on the existing real time screen which defeats the purpose.
Old Oct 5, 2012, 11:36 AM
Evolving Member

I'm only at Stage 0.75, so I'm not allowed to have extra gauges yet. Saving up my street rep points to jump to Stage 5 right away and get a whole cluster of gauges, like AFR/Boost/Volt/Oil Pressure/Water Temp/All Four tire pressures (each their own gauge)/Clock/Volt/Tach/Speedo (in kph)/Outside Temp/Before and After AIT/ECU circuit board temp. That should just about cover everything I need to look at.
Old Oct 5, 2012, 12:43 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
All I have is a boost gauge and a wideband.
Old Oct 5, 2012, 01:20 PM
Evolved Member

it's an android app that gets data via bluetooth obd-II adapter, so no, it wont work on mitsu screen unless some how you turned it in an android device.

i think eventually i am going to do another tablet install, this time on my evo with a nexus 7 but only if i can bribe ian hawkings to make mode 23 work. (i can see my wideband from that).

torque has a plugin based system you can develop on so i might be able to make an aem x-wifi plug-in. two issues with the idea though are android doesnt like adhoc wifi networks and i dont know if you can make plugins display on the existing real time screen which defeats the purpose.
My droids have all been rooted (but not rom'd). I do think there will be latency issue with pulling the X-Fi data off the webpage you open to get it, but I think it's manageable.

I have actually output torque to an aftermarket DVD headunit via my micro-HDMI port on my Razr, then through an adapter to the Aux video input. Looked snazzy, but I think a tablet setup would be better overall.
Old Oct 7, 2012, 08:43 AM
Evolved Member

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally Posted by Finest
I'm only at Stage 0.75, so I'm not allowed to have extra gauges yet. Saving up my street rep points to jump to Stage 5 right away and get a whole cluster of gauges, like AFR/Boost/Volt/Oil Pressure/Water Temp/All Four tire pressures (each their own gauge)/Clock/Volt/Tach/Speedo (in kph)/Outside Temp/Before and After AIT/ECU circuit board temp. That should just about cover everything I need to look at.
your joking yeah
Old Oct 9, 2012, 09:15 PM
ryn

Get boost and Wideband
Old Oct 9, 2012, 11:06 PM

Originally Posted by Johnr352
We have oil press and temp, boost, AFR, and trans temp. I find little value in AFR and boost, only in that there is little I can do about it on the race track. Oil temp and pressure are the only ones I sort of watch - I check trans temp at the end of the heat, mostly because we'd like tO know hot it gets under duress. At Watkins Glen we see 263, btw.
i like that setup i dont understand why people r sayin not to use oil press. gauge, it can tell you so much on how the car is running lol.

Quick Reply: NEED SOME OPINIONS...Gauges