Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

SRS Light Issue

Search this Thread

Old Jul 20, 2013, 02:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SRS Light Issue

Ok i need some real help. I have had dealerships tell me every damn thing under the sun about this be maybe someone here can help.

1. I removed my seats from me 2013 Evo x applied some dynamat under seats i did not remove anything but front and rear seats.

2. I replaced the seats plugged everything back up and stuck key in car SRS service light.
called the damn dealership said if you unplug it with the key in you have to recalibrate seats 115.00 bucks.

called another same story and 2 more times same crap!

3. so the damn light annoys the hell out of me so i take the car into the dealership! and they tell me of course 115 bucks so i sign and they take my key and go to the back. well 2 hours later for a 45 minute job i was told they come back and say well its not that the lights on because u have a drives side seat belt open circuit. WTF is that? he said something not plugged up correctly. so his tech check it out 3 for times and said it is they have to figure it out may take a day or two. i said hell with it.

4. i found a link said the the 2008 evo x had a 2 pin connector and some lancers had 4 pin connectors from the buckle and the lancer would have a open circuit fault when u put evo x seats in them. but nothing about evos have same issue.

DOES anyone know what i can do to test this and or fix this myself.
Old Jul 20, 2013, 04:49 PM

Talking

1 inch of electrical tape over the light on the instrument panel?..as long as it's not a safety issue I would just ignore it. you should be lookin' at the road not the light on the dash...just sayin....
Old Jul 20, 2013, 04:54 PM

yea that would be fine but there has to be a reason that light is on. having to reset it to see anything on the info center is crazy and how does removing the seats and replacing them lead to this? and HOW the hell does the dealer not know.
Old Jul 20, 2013, 06:10 PM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Berford
1 inch of electrical tape over the light on the instrument panel?..as long as it's not a safety issue I would just ignore it. you should be lookin' at the road not the light on the dash...just sayin....
Having a disabled air-bag system would seem to be a "safety issue" to me, but, then again, I don't subscribe to the theory that air-bags are a sign of the nanny-state trying to control the world. just sayin'

Anyhoo, I've not heard of an open seat-belt circuit doing anything to the air-bags and suspect that they are just guessing. Yes, the seat-belts are wired in the opposite way from what most people seem to think - they are a closed (i.e., connected) circuit when the seat-belt tongue is NOT inserted and go open (disconnected) when you put in the tongue, but there is no middle ground (where it is a closed but resisted circuit). So I don't see how any part of the system could even know that there's a broken wire to the seat-belt detector.

The three connectors under the seat are all different. You can't plug them in incorrectly.

Also, the idea that a seat-belts issue could disable the air-bags is just nuts from a safety perspective and I can't quite see NHTSA letting that be true.

Originally Posted by walkerkd
and HOW the hell does the dealer not know.
This is your first Mitsubishi, isn't it?

Last edited by Iowa999; Jul 20, 2013 at 06:13 PM.
Old Jul 20, 2013, 06:21 PM
Evolved Member

Wait. Maybe they were talking about the seat-position detector. That IS part of the air-bag system and will disable the whole system if a wire is cut. If you didn't leave the seat-position detector in the car or put a resistor on its line, then that could cause your issue.

Are you sure that they said seat-belt detector and not seat-position detector?
Old Jul 21, 2013, 08:47 PM

Originally Posted by Iowa999
Wait. Maybe they were talking about the seat-position detector. That IS part of the air-bag system and will disable the whole system if a wire is cut. If you didn't leave the seat-position detector in the car or put a resistor on its line, then that could cause your issue.

Are you sure that they said seat-belt detector and not seat-position detector?
He said seat belt but if I take belt off I get the warming to put on car beeps and does normal crap. I found that slid thing today in net wonder if that's bad. But it says drivers seat belt open circuit
Old Jul 22, 2013, 05:12 AM

Originally Posted by Iowa999
This is your first Mitsubishi, isn't it?
Nope I bout a 2010 Evo X se and an 2010 Outlander then i just got this 2013 Evo x and an 2013 Outlander same dealership.
Old Jul 22, 2013, 07:04 AM
Evolved Member

He said seat belt but if I take belt off I get the warming to put on car beeps and does normal crap.
That pretty much rules it out, then.

I found that slid thing today in net wonder if that's bad.
I've read this sentence (which I believe is crucial) several times, but can't understand it. If you don't have the seat-position detector (for the driver's seat) connected, then you'll get an SRS code that can't be cleared.

But it says drivers seat belt open circuit
To what does the "it" in this sentence refer? If this "it" refers to the Mitsu employee with a MUT in his hand, I'm ready to ignore what it says.
Old Jul 22, 2013, 03:10 PM

ok my phone is doing some kinda stupid auto correct. anyway i found the slide position sensor. when i talked to the service manager he said that the tech said it was drivers side seatbelt OPEN circuit. so i got home pulled the seat out check all the plugs, pins and connectors and everything is good. i put the car in drive and disconnected the seat belt the thing flashes at me and beeps like normal plug it in and it goes off. so i assume at this point its not the connector at the seat belt buckle. the only other sensor is the Seat Slide Sensor for the drivers side. ive called the damn dealership 4 times today to try and figure out what the code was and what the tech gave him as the issue. what ercks me is this was supposed to be because the seat came out to put dyno-mat without disconnecting the battery and it had to be recalibrated because of the weight sensors. so 115 bucks was to recalibrate it because the passenger seat was removed. well now thats not the issue and they DID NOT recalibrate the seat the light code has something to do with the DRIVERS seat.

http://www.scribd.com/doc/70579591/M...int-System-SRS

Last edited by walkerkd; Jul 22, 2013 at 03:13 PM.
Old Jul 22, 2013, 08:01 PM
Evolving Member

Walker get it to Cobb, I'm sure Calvin or Barry can fix it.
Old Jul 23, 2013, 05:49 AM

yea i think thats what im gonna do!

I did finally the Code from dealership he said it was

B1B52 seat belt switch (LH) circuit open

Last edited by walkerkd; Jul 23, 2013 at 07:43 AM.
Old Aug 12, 2013, 06:12 PM

Update!!!

The dealership is wrong about removing the seats in the EVo and having to pay 115 dollars to have the re-calibrated. I pulled a damn wire out when i was pulling on the plug on the driver side seat buckle so i ordered another after trying to get it back in then i broke the pin anyway lights been on for a while so i got in there today and replaced it bolted everything down and Low and behold the damn light went off.... I wanna call them and let them know that it does not need to be reprogrammed for simple removing the seat to add DAMN DYNOMAT!