Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

how to refit stock boost controller

Search this Thread

Old Oct 2, 2013, 04:55 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
how to refit stock boost controller

Yeah, strange question, but I have to refit my stock boost controller on my 2010 X. It has been a while since I put a 3 port on, and I am traveling and can't look at the car. I can't remember where the hoses go. I would like to get this done pretty quickly when I get home.

Does anyone have a good description of what goes where?

And... I have an AP and need to go back to stock tune, however, I started from a custom tune, so when I uninstall, it will go back to custom. I have the original stock map on a laptop, but no Tactrix cable.

I believe the AP can reinstate a stock map. Has anyone done this?

Thanks...

Last edited by nine3shoof; Oct 2, 2013 at 05:01 PM.
Old Oct 3, 2013, 07:09 AM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Look at Grimmspeeds instructions and work backwards......and as far as the tune...AP saves what you have I believe so if you "revert to stock" it will only put what you had before which sounds like its the custom tune
Old Oct 3, 2013, 10:03 AM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by nine3shoof
Yeah, strange question...
Note sure why you think this is a strange question; people commit fraud on warrantors all the time, always starting with questions exactly like this.

In any event, I agree that the instructions for installing a 3-port will get you pictures of the OE set-up and that an AP keeps a copy of the map that was in the car when the AP downloaded a new one. With regard to the latter issue, one question that you'll probably want to answer before visiting, e.g., a dealership is whether the car was reflashed in a way that cannot be undone without leaving a trace. After all, it could be embarrassing (or worse) to say to someone that the car has never been flashed when evidence that it has been is right there in the ECU.
Old Oct 3, 2013, 10:38 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 54 Likes on 43 Posts
https://www.grimmspeed.com/install_g...ne_version.pdf

Start from the back and work your way forward.

Michael
Old Oct 4, 2013, 08:45 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
There is no fraud involved. Just pragmatism. The tune and 3 port have no relationship whatsoever to a problem with a poorly designed timing chain. My dealer knows exactly what I am doing and agrees that this approach keeps it simple. In fact, if the industry did not earn a reputation for denying legitimate warranty work based upon spurious claims that unrelated modifications invalidated a warranty, then we would not have to do this. But we do.

I found a schematic from the workshop manual showing oem connections. The only thing I can't work out is the orientation of the hose with a red mark. I think it will be obvious once the others are connected.

The map I had on before the AP is not OEM. I have the factory map, pulled off using Ecuflash. It is a. bin, so I am reluctant to use the AP to reinstate it. I think I have located a Tactrix cable though, so can use that.

Thanks for the input!

Last edited by nine3shoof; Oct 4, 2013 at 09:56 PM.