Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Oil leak Behind PS pump

Search this Thread

Old Feb 24, 2014, 04:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Oil leak Behind PS pump

So for the longest time my evo had an oil leak coming from behind the power steering pump. It turned out to be a wierd plug with an O ring discovered by my Tunners. It had somehow Pushed itself out of the motor and began leaking oil.

well that problem is now fixed and the AFR's are all screwy and my timing is waay to advanced according to the tunner. They are going to fix it asap.

But I was wondering about that interesting plug, Does it need to be fitten on a certian way? Has someone else come across this wierd situation? can and will that plug come off again under high boost? I am very curious about it, Maybe there is an updated o ring or plug that im not aware of.

Any suggestions would be sweet! =D
Old May 20, 2018, 11:19 PM
Evolving Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Very interested in the same thing g

I have a leak under my PSP and I'm not sure if it is PS fluid, or an oil leak. This plug that the OP mentions sounds like so.ething that could've happened to my motor as well. I'm experiencing small decrease in Oil Pressure at idle, and my car did back fire a few more than ago causing the water pump freeze plug to blow. I would der if this could've happened to an oil plug?
does anyone know what this plug is the OP is talking about?