Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Weird Request for Chicago Evo X Owners

Search this Thread

Old Mar 25, 2014, 10:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Weird Request for Chicago Evo X Owners

Is there anyone is the Chicagoland area that can let me borrow their seat for one or two hours. Basically I have a 5 speed outlander sport that causes severe knee pain in my right knee after prolonged driving. I want to test if an Evo X seat is lower or alleviates the pain before I go ahead and purchase them. They are a bolt in and plug in affair into the outlander sport. I just got this car 3 weeks ago and put 1300 miles on it. I would like to keep driving but not with this pain. I am desperate for solutions before seeing a doctor. I have no problems driving other cars simply this one and never encountered this before. Hope you all can help. Let me know if any Chicago people are willing to help.
Old Mar 26, 2014, 04:56 AM
Evolving Member

honestly, i think its more the positioning maybe because i have an x and my right knee hurts like crap too after driving all day. for my car it just leaves my leg at an uncomfortable and position, where itsjust bent enough that theres constant pressure at the back of my knee if that makes sense. my buddy put lowering brackets in his seats on his evo 8 and he said that did the trick, unfortunately no one has done it for the x yet. idk if this really helped you or not, but just my .02
Old Mar 26, 2014, 07:47 AM

Originally Posted by laxplayer14
honestly, i think its more the positioning maybe because i have an x and my right knee hurts like crap too after driving all day. for my car it just leaves my leg at an uncomfortable and position, where itsjust bent enough that theres constant pressure at the back of my knee if that makes sense. my buddy put lowering brackets in his seats on his evo 8 and he said that did the trick, unfortunately no one has done it for the x yet. idk if this really helped you or not, but just my .02
That sounds exactly like my issue except mine is more accelerated. I start having serious knee pain within an hour or two of just driving. I think its the fact that the seat is tilted back on a 45 degree angle. Also the gas and brake are not very similar in resting position. The gas pedal is further down. And the clutch throws very far resulting in very different range of motion for each pedal. I don't know what to do at this point.
Old Mar 26, 2014, 08:56 AM
Evolving Member

man you described it perfectly, i was planning on having a shop maybe raise the back or even lower the front with different brackets that are made custom because nothing is out for the x. maybe you can talk to a shop near you and see what they can do, lemme know if you do as im def interested in the same thing. gl
Old Mar 26, 2014, 01:54 PM

Originally Posted by laxplayer14
man you described it perfectly, i was planning on having a shop maybe raise the back or even lower the front with different brackets that are made custom because nothing is out for the x. maybe you can talk to a shop near you and see what they can do, lemme know if you do as im def interested in the same thing. gl
Yeah i end up adjusting my seat like 10 times on a 25-30 min drive. And because the clutch throws so far back, i end up too close on the pedals. I like for me knee to be just a bit bent at clutch in, this result me being too close on the gas and brake with too much bend in the knee. And the variation of the resting position of the gas and brake cause me to bend the knee more to move between the two instead of pivoting at the ankle. I'm 6ft tall btw.

I was thinking about buddy club rails for the evo X and an aftermarket seat. The buddy club rails allow you to angle your seat to the back or to the front.

Last edited by Side-Swipe; Mar 26, 2014 at 01:58 PM.