Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Kaizen vs CBRD Tuning

Search this Thread

Old Jun 26, 2016, 05:04 PM
Evolving Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Not sure what being "clean" has to do with the final result, but you wanna go to bumblef*ck, enjoy!
Old Jun 26, 2016, 05:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Because the state of a shop is a reflection of the product that they put out. If a shop doesn't care enough to keep the floor clean what makes you think they care about your car?
Your opinion is nice, but until you elaborate on why Ivey is a better choice than Kaizen or CBRD its just about worthless here.
Old Jun 26, 2016, 05:30 PM
kaj
EvoM Community Team Leader

Received 814 Likes on 678 Posts
Originally Posted by NYEvoX
Because the state of a shop is a reflection of the product that they put out. If a shop doesn't care enough to keep the floor clean what makes you think they care about your car?
Your opinion is nice, but until you elaborate on why Ivey is a better choice than Kaizen or CBRD its just about worthless here.

+1. We always kept our shop clean. Right down to kitty litter/sweeping any time fluid was spilled. Tools were cleaned every day before putting them away, etc.
Old Jun 27, 2016, 05:24 AM
Evolving Member

No. Cleanliness is a reflection of OCD. My wife has OCD. Our apartment is spotless. If you think means the food she cooks is good, I invite you to come try. There are countless people on this forum who have been tuned by him, and rave about him. The search button is your friend. At the end of the day, you do what you want. I never said Kaizen or CBRD were bad, all I said was that Ivey is local and very very good. He's tuned 3 of my cars so far, without any issues what so ever.
Old Jun 27, 2016, 07:51 AM
kaj

Originally Posted by Dandbest
No. Cleanliness is a reflection of OCD.
Wrong. It's a reflection of work ethic, pride, and attention to detail.
The following users liked this post:
shekaar (Jun 27, 2016)
Old Jun 27, 2016, 08:16 AM
Evolving Member

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by kaj
This.
Old Jun 27, 2016, 08:32 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by kaj
and yet, it means nothing when it comes to ecu tuning.
Old Jun 27, 2016, 09:04 AM
kaj

and yet, it means nothing when it comes to ecu tuning.
That's your opinion and you're welcome to it, if course. Let's just say I'd probably give my business to my shop before yours.
Old Jun 27, 2016, 09:10 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by kaj
That's your opinion and you're welcome to it, if course. Let's just say I'd probably give my business to my shop before yours.

I couldn't care less where you spend your money. I'll repeat, all I was saying is, that a person's ability and knowledge of ecu tuning has nothing to do with the facility they work at which, may or may not be their own. If you can't comprehend that, its your loss.
Old Jun 27, 2016, 11:50 AM
kaj

a person's ability and knowledge of ecu tuning has nothing to do with the facility they work at which, may or may not be their own. If you can't comprehend that, its your loss.
^ that is true, but that's not what you said in your other post.
Old Jun 28, 2016, 11:11 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Anyone know how good Boostin Performance is? I live in Mo. they and I believe AMS are the closest ones to me and just wondering what kind of rep they have?

*just to chime in on the last few posts, though I'm no expert in car modding etc. I do think the layout of the shop helps instill confidence to the perspective customer, especially someone new to the car mod world(like myself). Is that a guarantee the place is good, no, but again it gives that comfortable feeling. However; if a place has a really good rep, the cleanliness of the shop could be overlooked. just my 2c worth.
Old Jun 28, 2016, 11:22 AM
kaj

Originally Posted by russ72
*just to chime in on the last few posts, though I'm no expert in car modding etc. I do think the layout of the shop helps instill confidence to the perspective customer, especially someone new to the car mod world(like myself). Is that a guarantee the place is good, no, but again it gives that comfortable feeling. However; if a place has a really good rep, the cleanliness of the shop could be overlooked. just my 2c worth.
Absolutely. All other things being equal, a clean shop is where it's at. To say a clean shop has no affect on any part of it's business is silly. Even if it's subconscious, we prefer a nice place. A nice shop has a positive effect on every part of it's operation, directly and indirectly.
If a dirty shop is better at something than a clean shop, that is different, of course, and I think we can all agree on that.
Old Jul 1, 2016, 10:55 AM
Evolved Member

Received 87 Likes on 72 Posts
Originally Posted by Gh3ttoRoM3o
To be honest though with the mods you listed, and the rep of both shops, I'm sure you'll be fine with whichever shop you choose.

As for how much they tune for, I'm sure you could specify however much you want.
I do find it important to spend the money and do right right. If OP can allow the tuner to have more time perfecting the tune, he should do it. Even the best tuner, under unreasonably strict time constraints, may struggle to produce a perfect tune.
Old Jul 6, 2016, 06:52 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Lightsaber
I do find it important to spend the money and do right right. If OP can allow the tuner to have more time perfecting the tune, he should do it. Even the best tuner, under unreasonably strict time constraints, may struggle to produce a perfect tune.
I definitely agree with this 100%. I think I just may have worded my sentence ambiguously. When I meant how much they tune for I meant boost wise from the previous statement

To be honest I want to see how much boost each tuner tunes for. I'm not looking to compare numbers, one shop has a Mustang and the other has a Dynojet.
...and to resolve any possible ambiguity issues with that, when I say any amount obviously I mean any logical amount, and that the tuner will let you know if they can't meet that due to other dependent variables, such as torque, yadi yadi yada.
Old Jul 6, 2016, 07:28 AM
Evolving Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
No. Cleanliness is a reflection of OCD. My wife has OCD. Our apartment is spotless. If you think means the food she cooks is good, I invite you to come try.
I can only imagine what the food would be like if the apartment was not spotless ha

z
E
R
E
p