Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Rally Armor

Search this Thread

Old Jun 12, 2014, 08:36 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Jerm6908
Was this MR bought from a ford dealer is that why i see a ford license plate bracket lol.
If you look on the bottom left you will see a tiny
But yes there is a Harris Mitsubishi, I assume their main seller are Ford vehicles.
Old Jun 12, 2014, 10:56 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Those are the same rally armors I like. I think they compliment the car and if they do a good job protecting then it's totally worth the money.

Originally Posted by mrFabro
The RA mud flaps lasted for years on my old WRX and was a great investment to protect the paint and I had no major issues with them. In fact I liked them so much that one of my first mods was to buy another set for my new EVO. Plus they are easy to install, and it's a good quality product.

[IMG][/IMG]
Old Jun 12, 2014, 11:09 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by mrFabro
If you look on the bottom left you will see a tiny
But yes there is a Harris Mitsubishi, I assume their main seller are Ford vehicles.

Yes i see it now......I would have ripped it off before leaving the dealer's lot....But that's how i roll take my money you know your happy an know nothing about this car soo don't get mad at me for ripping this bracket off an throwing it at you......Have a nice day an thanks again.
Old Jun 12, 2014, 11:21 AM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
If you go the 3M route, or the equivalent, I would suggest you also have them cover the areas in front of and behind the rear wheels...seeing how you want to keep the paint pristine!

Let us know what you decide.
Old Jun 12, 2014, 11:27 AM

That's probably what I'm going to do considering my friends ralliart is peppered on the front and back of his back wheel wells. I'm surprised I've never heard of that before considering it seems like money well spent.

Originally Posted by SilverShadow03
If you go the 3M route, or the equivalent, I would suggest you also have them cover the areas in front of and behind the rear wheels...seeing how you want to keep the paint pristine!

Let us know what you decide.
Old Jun 12, 2014, 11:36 AM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
^It is money well spent.

Hell, you could have them cover the lower part of the trunk where you touch to close it all the time, the side view mirrors ( a must! ) and I've even heard of some car owners covering the area immediately above the windshield/roof line and where your hand/fingers would rest if the windows were rolled down and you were resting your arm on the door sill...just below where the window trim meets with the paint.
Old Jun 13, 2014, 02:36 PM
Evolving Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
One of the first things I did when buying my '14 was put RA mud flaps on. I'm stock ride height. I havent seen any dings or scratches due to rocks or gravel anywhere. The RA flaps are great and I'd highly recommend them.
Old Jun 14, 2014, 11:14 PM
Evolving Member

There's clear plastidip that is now available. Get 3 cans of it ($30) and tape off/spray 4 coats of it and it will protect just as well as the 3M and be MUCH cheaper and easier to clean off.
Old Jun 14, 2014, 11:39 PM

I would definitely put the 3m tap on the back too. I'll have too look into the plastidip I never knew they sold clear.
Old Jun 16, 2014, 08:23 AM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I have them on my STI. They look great... but not for the Evo's. But overall RA flaps are great quality products and would recommend them for mud flaps.
Old Jun 17, 2014, 07:28 AM

does that clear plasti dip dry clear? or is it hazy?
Old Jun 18, 2014, 08:21 AM

I believe so from what I've looked up I don't see any haze.

Originally Posted by 28dye
does that clear plasti dip dry clear? or is it hazy?
Old Jul 9, 2014, 03:38 PM

I want to get some preowned ones
Old Jul 9, 2014, 03:49 PM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Just a few more of your riveting one-sentence posts and you'll qualify for asking.
Old Jul 9, 2014, 04:31 PM
Evolved Member

I know this is a month old but wanted to offer another option. Personally the mudflaps look great, on subies. On all but a few evos with aggressive offsets and tire sizes the flaps make the car look WHIMPY from behind since they go so far past the wheels.

Another option is side skirts. It won't help the back but i noticed when I added side splitters that the side of my car doesn't get as dirty. Plus they look good and give that lowered look. Just wanted to put that out there in case others are looking for something.

Honestly I think the Evo thin paint issue is not true. I have gone to the canyons so many times where dirt and rocks are all over the ground, so much so that my windshield was sandblasted, pitted and actually chipped from my friends car throwing dirt and rocks at me. I was running 265's with 9.75" wide wheels with a 20 offset so it threw everything at the doors. I also did 3 track days at a high speed track. My paint is fine. And this was before the side skirts. I could hear the sand spraying the side of my car. Any car can be scratched though.

A warning for the person wanting 19" wheels, DON'T go to evox and mention that. Lol they will probably rip you to shreds. It's not really an accepted practice to go large wheels on an Evo partly because it's a performance car and I guess the better tires are usually 17 or 18". I personally don't like it bigger wheels because I think it's moving more towards show car over track car but I understand people like what they like and it's their car. A lot of evox want every Evo to be the exact same it seems.

Quick Reply: Rally Armor