Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Rally Armor

Old Jun 11, 2014, 07:21 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Rally Armor

I am curious how well the rally armor mud flaps work. My friend has recently purchased them for his 2009 ralliart because he has pepper the back door and front of the back fender well from some gravel road driving. Do the mud flaps do a pretty good job of preventing this?
Old Jun 11, 2014, 07:38 AM
Evolved Member

the mud flaps do a pretty good job keeping most of the stuff off oof your rear bumper in my experience.
Old Jun 11, 2014, 07:50 AM

Ok, because from what I have heard and read the paint chips fairly easily and before I purchase the car I am trying to find ways to help keep the paint pristine. I live in a more rural area so naturally, I am subjected to gravel roads, so chips are expected.
Old Jun 11, 2014, 08:13 AM
Evolved Member

Received 33 Likes on 32 Posts
Consider a 3M[tm] clear bra for the front

Budget replacing it every 4 to 5 years.
Old Jun 11, 2014, 08:24 AM

I see theres pre cut sized ones for cars as well as spray. I assume the pre cut would be better for removal and replacement?
Old Jun 11, 2014, 10:28 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I like my red ones they def get black an muddy...I still have stones kick up though it may be because i'm on a stock height an on others i see them closer down to the road almost touching......Which i think would do better?
Old Jun 11, 2014, 12:41 PM

Probably better lower but I figure I would keep the height as is because I enjoy ground clearance especially because what the Evo is designed for. My car now is an inch or two lower than an Evo and I scrape on everything...
Old Jun 11, 2014, 01:01 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by mikebuff35
Probably better lower but I figure I would keep the height as is because I enjoy ground clearance especially because what the Evo is designed for. My car now is an inch or two lower than an Evo and I scrape on everything...
I live in PA also in a small valley an the roads are garbage I'm keeping my stock height also an just getting 19 inch rims or 20's to fill that wheel gap
Old Jun 11, 2014, 01:52 PM

Ya thats a good idea Ill probably do the same.
Old Jun 11, 2014, 08:54 PM
Evolving Member

Mud flaps do their job as protecting your paint but I cannot stand how they look on the car. Takes away the fine lines of the vehicle. I think mud flaps only look good on a minor lowered eve with wide wheels. Just my opinion no haterade needed.
Old Jun 12, 2014, 01:05 AM

The RA mud flaps lasted for years on my old WRX and was a great investment to protect the paint and I had no major issues with them. In fact I liked them so much that one of my first mods was to buy another set for my new EVO. Plus they are easy to install, and it's a good quality product.

[IMG][/IMG]

Last edited by mrFabro; Jun 12, 2014 at 01:07 AM.
Old Jun 12, 2014, 04:34 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Jerm6908
I live in PA also in a small valley an the roads are garbage I'm keeping my stock height also an just getting 19 inch rims or 20's to fill that wheel gap
You will get a smaller tire to accomodate the larger wheel and end up with exactly the same gap. Don't do that.
Old Jun 12, 2014, 05:53 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by tkromer
You will get a smaller tire to accomodate the larger wheel and end up with exactly the same gap. Don't do that.
Ohh aight good looks....But i'm still gonna get 19s an i know i wouldn't be the only one with 19's.
Old Jun 12, 2014, 07:03 AM

Originally Posted by tkromer
The evo's sidewall on stock gsr rims is already really tiny. You can always just buy larger sidewalls to compensate and put up with the adjusted gear ratio. If I ever buy aftermarket rims, I use it as an opportunity to adjust the gearing if need be. On the evo, a little larger circumference could help with that highway cruising if you manage to get the car out of boost (if you care about things like that). More MPG and less drone.
Old Jun 12, 2014, 07:16 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by mrFabro
The RA mud flaps lasted for years on my old WRX and was a great investment to protect the paint and I had no major issues with them. In fact I liked them so much that one of my first mods was to buy another set for my new EVO. Plus they are easy to install, and it's a good quality product.

[IMG][/IMG]

Was this MR bought from a ford dealer is that why i see a ford license plate bracket lol.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Rally Armor