Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Having an issue with warning lights after battery died question???

Search this Thread

Old Jul 31, 2014, 12:44 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Having an issue with warning lights after battery died question???

So my car has been sitting for the the last few months and I went out to start it and the battery was bone dead....So I jumped it and it started right up no problem. Started driving it and when I would go to accelerate a little bit a few warning lights came on blinked and beeped (ASC OFF, BRAKE, a drivetrain figure light, and TARMAC light). They all blink one right after the next. So I guess my questions are: Is there a hard reset I need to do for the ecu after the battery completely dies for sometime? Did the actual tune get messed up when the battery died? Battery to far gone that it's causing loss of power throwing alert lights?... I figured the alternator would charge the battery back up at idle but who knows. Any ideas

I could take the easy route and just buy a new battery and try that but if I don't have to spent the loot on it I don't want to. I'm selling the car and I need to make sure this problem gets fixed right, and soon.
Old Jul 31, 2014, 06:51 PM
Evolved Member

get codes read.
Old Aug 1, 2014, 06:02 AM
Evolved Member

Received 33 Likes on 32 Posts
Jumping a car *can* mess with the ECU (voltage spike).

Use a multimeter and see what battery voltage and alternator output you have. Report them here.

For next time... Remove the battery and use a trickle charger to see if it can be conditioned and slowly recharged...
Old Aug 5, 2014, 02:00 PM

Although I wouldn't say this is normal.. this exact thing happened to me when I left my car sitting for over a month last winter. I did jump start the car a few times, but the battery was shot and was unable to retain any charge.

Had a nerve racking drive to the dealer with all the error lights coming up on the dash..with momentary loss of ALL power..

Long story short.. get the battery changed.. you'll be fine (including your tune).. Good luck!
Old Aug 6, 2014, 11:14 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by ghishpit
Although I wouldn't say this is normal.. this exact thing happened to me when I left my car sitting for over a month last winter. I did jump start the car a few times, but the battery was shot and was unable to retain any charge.

Had a nerve racking drive to the dealer with all the error lights coming up on the dash..with momentary loss of ALL power..

Long story short.. get the battery changed.. you'll be fine (including your tune).. Good luck!
Exactly what happened to me too. Just changed it out now. Working perfect once again! Thanks guys
Old Aug 8, 2014, 07:13 AM
Evolved Member

Received 33 Likes on 32 Posts
Ah... Good.
Old Aug 8, 2014, 09:13 AM
Evolved Member

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by ghishpit

Lol. same exact story here. That drive to the dealer with a dead battery is fun.