Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Timing chain replaced , oil leaking , help

Search this Thread

Old Aug 27, 2014, 12:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Timing chain replaced , oil leaking , help

I have an account on here from years ago I can't remember it. I have a 2008 evo x MR and the timing chain was stretched at 116000 miles. Need to be replaced. Dealership said 1700$ I elected to go to AMMCO who you can make payments to. It was a hassle to get the car back but after 3 weeks they put a new chain on for 1450$. I drove it and it drove fine.

The light to check timing chain came on and I called them they said drive another 100 miles so I did and it still is on . Then oil appears to be leaking so I take it in to a different locations of there's since I moved. I talked to them today they said oil is leaking from the valve gasket cover and turbo tube rubbers which should be replaced. the light is for code P0513 the UCM can't communicate to PCM and a dealership would have to fix it. So none of this is covered and I have to pay more, I know before I took it in it wasn't leaking oil and I think its because they didn't re-assemble the parts correctly after replacing the timing chain. But he said the parts are worn out .... just wondering if anyone had issues like this or advice ? Thanks guys

Last edited by Evoarizona14; Aug 27, 2014 at 12:27 PM.
Old Aug 27, 2014, 01:06 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
for 250 more I would have let the dealer do it. They have the correct tools and computers to do the job correctly. Since you've already had it done I'd bring it to the dealer and hope that its an easy fix.
Old Aug 27, 2014, 01:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ekizenbe
for 250 more I would have let the dealer do it. They have the correct tools and computers to do the job correctly. Since you've already had it done I'd bring it to the dealer and hope that its an easy fix.

I wish , dealership didn't take payments and that place did , 200 a month or I would of.
Old Aug 27, 2014, 03:56 PM
Evolved Member

Received 91 Likes on 84 Posts
I'd park it until you can have mitsubishi check it out or you could damage something more. There are walkthroughs on how to do your own timing chain. If you are mechanically inclined it 'might' be possible for you to re-do their job. If you fix it, get your money back lol.

Good luck, tough spot to be in if you're stretched that thin and can't get the job done right due to money issues... Luck 2 u