Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Lease is up, Returning my X

Search this Thread

Old Jan 2, 2015, 06:14 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lease is up, Returning my X

Just wanted to say its been fun and had a great time and luck with my 2011 X. 48 month lease no problems or anything, just oil changes, break pads once and tires once. Not even a battery. Lease is up next month and will be looking to get into something else.
I thought of getting another X but, i cant.

I cant deal with the noise level of the car.
I cant deal with the 5 speed driving 60 and rpms in the 3's and motor screaming.
I cant deal with the cheap plastic feel interior. Tg it has Navi and the center dash looks eh ok. If it had the basic built in radio, would have looked horrible.
I cant deal with the small trunk space.
I cant deal that the back seats don't fold down.
I cant deal with the rattling of the interior, i get headaches sometimes.

Also i stopped by the dealer the other day, because they kept calling me a million times, saying come back and will give you better price etc, just to see if they can work a lease number and they couldn't, they started throwing some retarded numbers I just walked out and said I'm done. The sad part is that Mitsubishi is over, i went to a local Dealer here, not gonna give name and they had Mitsubishi Banners on the exterior, no built in signs etc, they even had used cars in the showroom, they had one evo, couple Outlanders and thats it. I just feel bad, i remember in the early 90's you went to the dealer and Mitsubishi was hottest manufacturer: They had the Galant VR4, 3000GT VR4, Eclipse GSX & GST, i mean they had not 1 amazing car, but a selection to choose from. Out of U.S. They had the Evo as well.

Listen, who ever has the X and can hold on to it try and keep it, because there wont be another evo for a long time. I have a 04 Evo 8 with 2700 miles, i bought it new with the intension of keeping it and hopefully pass it over to my Son one day.
Reason why i leased the X is cause i never got a chance to enjoy the 8 and im glad i didnt drive the 8 and at the mean time, im glad i had the X and enjoyed that Evo feel.

Anyway, see you guys around.
Old Jan 2, 2015, 06:27 PM
Evolved Member

Received 91 Likes on 84 Posts
Get an EVO X MR and most of your complaints evaporate. Most noises interior wise can be addressed with a search on Google. I've had a ton of different cars, the X is my favorite even with its rough edges.

Good luck with your search, I think you will be hard pressed to find a similar driving connection to the EVO though. At least you have the EVO 8 though
Old Jan 2, 2015, 07:20 PM
Evolved Member

Eco 8 with 2700 miles!?!? You have the will power of a saint and should b nominated for best dad award. Now go get a gtr.
Old Jan 2, 2015, 11:50 PM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
^Get Mr x.I kinda like the back seats don't foldback.what if my kids?seatinng on backseats.when there is a impacted.my mr is really quite ride.
Old Jan 3, 2015, 07:23 AM
Evolving Member

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts
You will miss your X!
Old Jan 3, 2015, 11:42 AM

Originally Posted by 04Evo851374
I thought of getting another X but, i cant.

I cant deal with the noise level of the car.
I cant deal with the 5 speed driving 60 and rpms in the 3's and motor screaming.
I cant deal with the cheap plastic feel interior. Tg it has Navi and the center dash looks eh ok. If it had the basic built in radio, would have looked horrible.
I cant deal with the small trunk space.
I cant deal that the back seats don't fold down.
I cant deal with the rattling of the interior, i get headaches sometimes.

I'm not trying to start any drama, but it sounds like you belong behind the wheel of a Audi, BMW, or possibly a Lexus.
Old Jan 3, 2015, 10:42 PM
Evolving Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Evo should be a 2nd or even a 3rd car. If you have Evo as your only car, respect as you have to be hard core to make it happen.

Look at the F80 M3. Great car and fun.
Old Jan 3, 2015, 11:45 PM
Evolved Member

Received 91 Likes on 84 Posts
Originally Posted by LSs1Power
Evo should be a 2nd or even a 3rd car. If you have Evo as your only car, respect as you have to be hard core to make it happen.

Look at the F80 M3. Great car and fun.
lol what?

39 here, EVO is my primary car and I love it.

Old Jan 4, 2015, 09:17 AM

The X is a remarkable car. Aesthetically it is beautiful. I have a 2014 X GSR with approximately 6800 miles. Unfortunately, I have to sell it bc I'm closing on a condo in March and I can't afford to insurance 2 cars plus the mortgage. I kept her stock and even at that, it really is a crowd pleaser... GL with your next car choice!
Old Jan 4, 2015, 10:15 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by LSs1Power
Evo should be a 2nd or even a 3rd car. If you have Evo as your only car, respect as you have to be hard core to make it happen. Look at the F80 M3. Great car and fun.
Evo is my daily and love it
Old Jan 4, 2015, 11:46 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by doghouse
Evo is my daily and love it
Old Jan 4, 2015, 11:57 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Might as well sell the 03 too.
Old Jan 6, 2015, 05:47 AM

Sadly, I'm returning mine soon too. I leased the Evo X with the intention to buy it it out at the end of the lease, but things change and I have other priorities. I love to keep it if I can though.
Old Jan 6, 2015, 11:59 AM

Based on your list you're looking for refinement in a car, not a cheap car tarted up with expensive performance equipment and basically no amenities. This car sounds like a bad fit, so you'll be happy you got rid of it. I personally like all those aspects about it, knowing that I paid 33k for a car where basically all the budget went to the performance and not much else is exactly what I was after.

Though, I will ask, what made you want the evo in the first place? It's no secret the car is as I described. I thought the raw and unrefined characteristics were what made people want these cars?
Old Jan 6, 2015, 12:41 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Jakee
I'm not trying to start any drama, but it sounds like you belong behind the wheel of a Audi, BMW, or possibly a Lexus.
People say the same thing about "S" model audi's and "M" model BMW's. They complain about the noise, harsh ride and here's the killer; they complain about being pushed back into the seat.

I just picked up an Audi S3 and it's every bit as dynamic as my EVO X MR was. Even more so.

Quick Reply: Lease is up, Returning my X