Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

From ETS v2 to ETS Quiet

Search this Thread

Old Oct 21, 2015, 08:01 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
From ETS v2 to ETS Quiet

First off I would like to thank Michael from ETS for all your help, thank you!!!!! So my story goes I purchased an ETS Catback v2 standard for my otherwise stock 2014 Evo X. I went with the v2 standard instead of the quiet because I was put off by the quiet label "my mistake". After putting the exhaust on and driving it around it would sound great when under full throttle but would drone and pop whenever I tried to drive normally and was always too loud to enjoy driving the car. So I contacted Michael from ETS and he very graciously was able to help me out of my predicament and i was able to get the quiet version ordered. Currently, I've had the quiet one installed for about a week now and my thoughts are that it is absolutely perfect. It is quieter "YES" even under full throttle, but it not by much and the biggest difference I would say between the two is the idle and cruising sound quality. The standard version does not have an off switch while the quiet one does. Lastly the exhaust sound is different the quiet versions sound is like a deeper and louder than the stock exhaust note; and the v2 standard is much more throaty and aggressive sounding. Misc. closing thoughts, Installation was a breeze and fitment was spot on, both of the exhaust tips hung dead even off the back of the car and they were both packed and shipped very well. Cutting and flaring the heatshield was a PITA but only took about 30 mins to get it where I want it. Overall great products great service and I will 100% recommend and purchase from them again.
Old Oct 21, 2015, 08:04 AM
Evolved Member

Received 98 Likes on 94 Posts
Originally Posted by Recks_EVOX
First off I would like to thank Michael from ETS for all your help, thank you!!!!! So my story goes I purchased an ETS Catback v2 standard for my otherwise stock 2014 Evo X. I went with the v2 standard instead of the quiet because I was put off by the quiet label "my mistake". After putting the exhaust on and driving it around it would sound great when under full throttle but would drone and pop whenever I tried to drive normally and was always too loud to enjoy driving the car. So I contacted Michael from ETS and he very graciously was able to help me out of my predicament and i was able to get the quiet version ordered. Currently, I've had the quiet one installed for about a week now and my thoughts are that it is absolutely perfect. It is quieter "YES" even under full throttle, but it not by much and the biggest difference I would say between the two is the idle and cruising sound quality. The standard version does not have an off switch while the quiet one does. Lastly the exhaust sound is different the quiet versions sound is like a deeper and louder than the stock exhaust note; and the v2 standard is much more throaty and aggressive sounding. Misc. closing thoughts, Installation was a breeze and fitment was spot on, both of the exhaust tips hung dead even off the back of the car and they were both packed and shipped very well. Cutting and flaring the heatshield was a PITA but only took about 30 mins to get it where I want it. Overall great products great service and I will 100% recommend and purchase from them again.
ETS ftw. Amazing products and amazing customer service. I love my V2 quiet. I has the perfect sound imo. I love the deep, throaty sound. I'm sure my test pipe could have something to do with that though
Old Oct 21, 2015, 12:46 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Can you further explain what you said about the quiet version having an off switch while the regular doesn't. I'm definitely interested...
Old Oct 21, 2015, 01:30 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
ETS is great! Always great customer service and also great parts!
Old Oct 21, 2015, 01:47 PM
Evolved Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
See, I'm different. I went from the quiet to the V2. Simply because if I order a $1,000 exhaust system people (including myself) BETTER know I have one while cruising.

Seriously though, my car is NOT a daily driver. If my car was a daily driver I would NEVER EVER get a V2. It is simply too loud. I don't know how the eff them guys with the extreme don't get annoyed!

Last edited by TxFAkuma; Oct 21, 2015 at 01:50 PM.
Old Oct 21, 2015, 03:17 PM

@recks do you still have the back part?
Old Oct 21, 2015, 03:46 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by TxFAkuma
See, I'm different. I went from the quiet to the V2. Simply because if I order a $1,000 exhaust system people (including myself) BETTER know I have one while cruising.

Seriously though, my car is NOT a daily driver. If my car was a daily driver I would NEVER EVER get a V2. It is simply too loud. I don't know how the eff them guys with the extreme don't get annoyed!
I drive ~100mi a day, with a test pipe, and an extreme. How the OP described you can finesse it to not be loud, still applies to the extreme (in most cases). I mean if you're going downhill/low gears there's no finessing that. I wouldn't even call it obnoxiously or really loud, I love the volume of it though I'm still retry lightly modded so that could be why I guess. Or the fact that my ride is all parkway so there isn't stop and go at all.

If anything the only thing I regret about the extreme is that it muffles out the BPV, though that's not really that loud anyway since it's a recirculated anyway.

Edit: one other con, keeping the tips and the back of your car clean when you got the extreme and test pipe.

Last edited by Gh3ttoRoM3o; Oct 21, 2015 at 07:00 PM. Reason: Added one other con
Old Oct 21, 2015, 05:52 PM
Evolving Member

ETS v2 quiet ftw!
Old Oct 22, 2015, 09:33 AM

when I say "no off switch", I just meanthat even when keeping the rpm's low or shifting at lower RPM's the car has avery audible level of noise so much so that after a while it getsannoying. This is obviously a personal opinion. Some people canlisten to their radio at full volume all day every day and that's ok. Ijust like the option to turn it down every once and while. The quiet versionhas a nice and controllable cruising sound which works for me and I think fits the car nicely. the v2 standard on the other hand sounds very mean and people will 100% hear you coming 100 yards out if that's what you want the standard is for you, the quiet one on the other hand is probably only audible to about 30-50 yards out.

Old Oct 26, 2015, 05:57 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I'm also opposite as you. I went from the V2 to the quiet and then right back to the V2. I think the V2 just sounds better and willing to put up with a little drone. Either way ETS FTW!