Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Sakura Street Owners Please Respond

Search this Thread

Old Nov 26, 2015, 05:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sakura Street Owners Please Respond

Looking for feedback from Sakura Street owners.

I am planning to pull trigger on exhaust within days. I really like looks, and workmanship of Sakura Street, but I do not want any drone at all over stock.

The alternative (safe play) is the Invidia Q300, but not fond of blue tips.

At some point I will have a downpipe/high flow cat included, so keep that in mind.

Thanks!
Old Dec 7, 2015, 06:03 PM

Isn't there anyone out there with this exhaust that can comment?
Old Dec 8, 2015, 09:46 AM
Evolving Member

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
This guys says there is 0 drone

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ev...ck-photos.html
Old Dec 8, 2015, 10:03 AM
Evolved Member

Received 91 Likes on 84 Posts
Never seen a bad thing said about them, they are top of my list. I'd get it imo.
Old Dec 9, 2015, 05:05 AM
Evolving Member

If it were not for the horrible Canadian dollar I would have snagged one myself. I would have to pay well over $2000 to get this exhaust to my door though :|
Old Dec 12, 2015, 03:10 PM

Originally Posted by .Adam
If it were not for the horrible Canadian dollar I would have snagged one myself. I would have to pay well over $2000 to get this exhaust to my door though :|

Really? They are listing for 895US on their web site. Why so much in CAN?

Thanks for the replies others. I was hoping for more firsthand accounts rather than reputation and reading posts. I've read just about every post there is, and it doesn't make it real clear.

The only concern I have is the minimalistic appearance of it, and the later plans to go with HFC, and tune. But I love the look, design, workmanship and most important, the appearance of the tips. They look perfect for me. My alternative is the Invidia but not a fan of burn tips, nor rolled tips. I like the look of the beveled appearance of the Sakura. The other appeal is the durability in the NE weather.

Kevin
Old Dec 12, 2015, 11:57 PM
Evolved Member

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by LastX

Thanks for the replies others. I was hoping for more firsthand accounts rather than reputation and reading posts. I've read just about every post there is, and it doesn't make it real clear.

The only concern I have is the minimalistic appearance of it, and the later plans to go with HFC, and tune. But I love the look, design, workmanship and most important, the appearance of the tips. They look perfect for me. My alternative is the Invidia but not a fan of burn tips, nor rolled tips. I like the look of the beveled appearance of the Sakura. The other appeal is the durability in the NE weather.

Kevin
I'm confused.
Old Dec 13, 2015, 07:54 AM
Evolving Member

Kevin
I just checked their site and its 1200. That's 1650 Canadian plus shipping plus duty fees plus being taxed on the exhaust when it arrives at customs. That's easily over 2 grand :|
Old Dec 16, 2015, 07:45 PM

Originally Posted by .Adam
I just checked their site and its 1200. That's 1650 Canadian plus shipping plus duty fees plus being taxed on the exhaust when it arrives at customs. That's easily over 2 grand :|
Adam, I had seen that in the past, but could have sworn I saw it up for less recently. Perhaps I misread another system, or there was a sale. Also, the web site changed recently so perhaps there were some typo's posted for short time. I can see where shipping to Canada will be prohibitive.

Captain, my post was confusing as you point out. What I meant was that it looked like it had minimal baffling and might be loud. I wanted to insure there was no drone, but I like the fine welding including the finish on the exhaust tips.

Still would love to hear from an owner.
Old Dec 26, 2015, 02:50 PM

To the OP, I have a 2014 Evo X GSR. I too was interested in the Sakura exhaust I listened to multiple sound clips of the Sakura on YouTube and also had conversations with numerous Sakura exhaust owners on the forums on evolutionm.net. I was warned that even thought they said the sound was great there was some drone although they said not terrible.
I had an opportunity to purchase a slightly used Corso exhaust (my 2nd choice) but passed on it because I felt the Sakura sounded more exotic than like a v8 (Corsa). I was guaranteed that the Corsa does not drone. I should have listened.
Coming out of a modified (loud) Evo IX I did not want drone ... with the Sakura I got it.
If you want to hear your radio or carry on a phone conversation at 60mph in 5th gear look elsewhere. All I have is a high flow cat and it is loud and drones.
I wish I jumped on the Corsa when I had the chance.
Hope this helps, good luck.
Old Dec 26, 2015, 07:41 PM
Evolved Member

Received 86 Likes on 71 Posts
Looking for feedback from Sakura Street owners.

I am planning to pull trigger on exhaust within days. I really like looks, and workmanship of Sakura Street, but I do not want any drone at all over stock.

The alternative (safe play) is the Invidia Q300, but not fond of blue tips.

At some point I will have a downpipe/high flow cat included, so keep that in mind.

Thanks!
With most aftermarket exhausts, including the several ones discussed here, you will get drone. The right way to deal with drone is not to spend a lot of time shopping exhausts, but to get sound deadener for your trunk floor. This is because drone has a lot to do with what you did to your trunk and what you have in the trunk. A guy with a lot of junk in his trunk is going to tell you a different story about Sakura Street than a guy with a clean trunk with everything deleted. Most the drone is amplified by the trunk floor, so all you need is to shut that down.

Here is a picture of my trunk with Dynamat SuperLite sound deadener. I couldn't even live with the stock exhaust's drone, so I bought this and it reduced the drone about 2/3 and I am happy:

Sakura Street Owners Please Respond-yhqkui4.jpg

Last edited by Lightsaber; Dec 26, 2015 at 08:04 PM. Reason: typo
Old Dec 26, 2015, 07:49 PM
Evolving Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
What do you think was the total amount you used for the trunk? Hate the thought of adding more weight but its a good option.
Old Dec 26, 2015, 08:10 PM
Evolved Member

Received 86 Likes on 71 Posts
Originally Posted by Blue_CobaltSS
What do you think was the total amount you used for the trunk? Hate the thought of adding more weight but its a good option.
I ordered one box and I'm not quite sure the exact amount. It was likely the 18" x 32" Dynamat SuperLite tri-pack which weighs about 4.2 lbs.
Old Dec 27, 2015, 05:41 PM

Thanks 911. With uncertainty, and Christmas craziness, I didn't actually pull trigger yet. When I say drone, I mean both the resonation inside cabin, but also the exhaust itself being a bit too loud. I am actually between the corsa and Invidia leaning towards the latter just to be safe on the drone, and noise. I would have pulled the trigger long ago on this one, but not fond of the burnt tips.

The Dynamat is looks like a great idea I think I will do anyway.