Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Mitsubishi laser cut floor mats

Search this Thread

Old Dec 30, 2015, 02:56 PM
Evolving Member

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Mitsubishi laser cut floor mats

Hey all,

I just called my local Mitsu dealer asking them to get me a price on some Weathertech floor mats as I knew they sold them there.

They tell me because the Canadian dollar sucks to much they don't sell them anymore but they make and sell their own brand that are similar to the Weathertech's. They are laser cut and have the high sides to them to keep dirt off the carpet.

Anyone have these Mitsu mats and are they good quality? I'm going to drive down there and check them out but thought I would ask you guys first.
Old Dec 31, 2015, 05:30 AM
Evolving Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
I don't know about those, but I do have the Weathertech mats and they're awesome. Can't you just order them directly from Weathertech if you want those?

I ended up ordering them at the dealership through this custom shop they have there, and ended up paying like $30 more than I would have paid if I ordered them directly. Can you not get them shipped to Canada or something?
Old Dec 31, 2015, 05:41 AM
Evolving Member

Yea I can just order them but was hoping to just hit up something local to take them home now rather than wait for shipping.

I am now curious about these mitsu mats now too. If they are anything like the oem rubber mats I have though I dont want them lol. I was also curious to know if anyone has these Mitsu mats and if they are any good as they want $160CAN for the fronts and the backs. That's $100 cheaper than the Weathertech's. I really dont care about the back mats though either.
Old Dec 31, 2015, 05:54 AM
Evolving Member

Can't argue with cheaper, and if they're actually similar to the Weathertech, I would definitely check them out!

I agree though, if they are just like the OEM rubber mats, those aren't great. I've never had Weathertech mats before, and I'm super impressed with them. The back are probably the most impressive to me ( even though they will get the least amount of use )... I had no idea that the back was one piece that even covers the center "hump" on the floor when I ordered them. If the dealership mats don't work out, I would definitely suggest ordering the Weathertechs.
Old Dec 31, 2015, 06:24 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by bdean531
Can't argue with cheaper, and if they're actually similar to the Weathertech, I would definitely check them out!

I agree though, if they are just like the OEM rubber mats, those aren't great. I've never had Weathertech mats before, and I'm super impressed with them. The back are probably the most impressive to me ( even though they will get the least amount of use )... I had no idea that the back was one piece that even covers the center "hump" on the floor when I ordered them. If the dealership mats don't work out, I would definitely suggest ordering the Weathertechs.
Are the Weathertechs a hard plastic? Do they get slippery during the winter at all? That's my biggest concern basically as our winters are nasty out here.

The dealer said the Mitsu mats are "softer" than the Weathertech's and have a bit ofa texture to the feel of them. I'm going to check them out. I'll snap some pics for everyone to check them out too. I have a feeling, because I wanted the Weathertechs to begin with, that I'll probably still order them anyway but we'll see.

The rears are pretty neat that they are a one piece. I have fabric mats back there already and rarely ever have anyone in the back so it's not really a concern for me
Old Dec 31, 2015, 07:40 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Been running weathertech over 2 years. Would not trade them for anything.
Old Dec 31, 2015, 08:59 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by .Adam
Are the Weathertechs a hard plastic? Do they get slippery during the winter at all? That's my biggest concern basically as our winters are nasty out here.

The dealer said the Mitsu mats are "softer" than the Weathertech's and have a bit ofa texture to the feel of them. I'm going to check them out. I'll snap some pics for everyone to check them out too. I have a feeling, because I wanted the Weathertechs to begin with, that I'll probably still order them anyway but we'll see.

The rears are pretty neat that they are a one piece. I have fabric mats back there already and rarely ever have anyone in the back so it's not really a concern for me
They aren't super hard plastic ( they're still flexible ), but I wouldn't call them soft either I suppose. I haven't had any issues with the Weathertech becoming slippery at all when they've gotten wet, and the mats themselves don't move at all. They have those channels in them, so any liquid ends up below where your feet actually touch. Snow would probably pack into the channels and could end up slippery, although I don't think there is any way around that... even carpet mats get slippery when covered in snow/ice.

With that said, I'm not using my Evo in the winter, and just bought my FE a month ago, so I haven't tested them in any extreme conditions. We also have horrible winters here, but from what I've seen, I wouldn't expect to have any issues with them.

I don't have any "great" shots of them in the car, but here's a couple pics that I took before putting it in the garage for the winter so you can see how they look:

http://imgur.com/a/eR6bb

And yes, if you do get the other ones, I'd be curious to see some pictures.
Old Dec 31, 2015, 09:55 AM
Evolving Member

Thanks man for the info! They look like they fit pretty snug which is good.

Whether I buy the Mitsu ones or not I'll try and get some pics for everyone to see. Maybe they will even let me test fit them in my car. Also who knows, I might even buy them if they look and feel like they wont fall apart on me.
Old Dec 31, 2015, 11:56 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I just purchased an Evo two months ago it came with mudflaps and all season mats and all of the regular match here is a pic of the all seasons I am using right now I put the regular ones away until spring

http://imgur.com/oM1ghES
Old Dec 31, 2015, 11:59 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Tucci_973
I just purchased an Evo two months ago it came with mudflaps and all season mats and all of the regular match here is a pic of the all seasons I am using right now I put the regular ones away until spring

Yea, I bought those for my Lancer GTS that I traded in for the Evo. I ended up using them all year round because I liked them. I still have them actually, but will probably never use them again, so maybe I should just look into selling them at this point.
Old Dec 31, 2015, 02:09 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Tucci_973

Those are the ones that came with my car and they are literally falling apart on me. Everytime I wash them a piece falls off lol.

The drivers side is actually not bad. Just has a hole in it. The passenger side though is toast.
Old Dec 31, 2015, 02:51 PM
Evolving Member

i looked for these before for my IX and can't find the ones that are LASER cut, i just checked the weathertech website and it says the laser cut is not available for this vehicle, where are you guys finding them, the only ones i've seen on weathertech is the "trim to fit"
Old Dec 31, 2015, 05:12 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by 4bangn
i looked for these before for my IX and can't find the ones that are LASER cut, i just checked the weathertech website and it says the laser cut is not available for this vehicle, where are you guys finding them, the only ones i've seen on weathertech is the "trim to fit"
Just checked their site and it doesnt look like they make the same mats for the 9

Laser cut is just a gimicky marketing tool. Really all they are are mats that are manufactured to fit snugly in the stock floor of your car. The sides of the mats are also quiet high to protect the carpet from snow/salt/rain and stuff.
Old Dec 31, 2015, 05:46 PM

Originally Posted by .Adam
Hey all,

I just called my local Mitsu dealer asking them to get me a price on some Weathertech floor mats as I knew they sold them there.

They tell me because the Canadian dollar sucks to much they don't sell them anymore but they make and sell their own brand that are similar to the Weathertech's. They are laser cut and have the high sides to them to keep dirt off the carpet.

Anyone have these Mitsu mats and are they good quality? I'm going to drive down there and check them out but thought I would ask you guys first.
I bought a set from my Mitsu dealer and love them. Very similar to weathertech as the sides come up. I think I paid $149. I also live in Canada. I would say get them and they are almost half the price of weathertechs.
Old Jan 2, 2016, 06:06 AM
Evolved Member

that's because if I remember correctly they will not advertise for the evo8/9/10. It will be listed under lancer since its the same exact floor.

Quick Reply: Mitsubishi laser cut floor mats