Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Dual Radium Ctach Cans on the Evo X

Old Feb 21, 2016, 01:44 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Dual Radium Ctach Cans on the Evo X

Hello Fellow EvolutionM Members,

Not too sure if this threat will be in the correct area, but I just wanted to putit out there. I had purchased the Dual Radium Catch Can Kit last summer for myEvoX after doing some modifications and getting a full tune. The reason I was interested in getting the catch cans when during some cleaning and investigation I realized I had some oil and gunk in my intake after the pcv valve inlet on the intake. I did some research and pulled the trigger. I usually check the cans every third oil change to see what they have collected. During the summer months maybe 1/3 of the passenger side can was full and the driver side wasabout 1/4 full. Let’s now skip to the winter months of New York, really not badas other northern cities but I saw a huge difference in gunk collected withinthe same time period or less. Today we had above average temps here in New York so I decided to look over and clean the Evo. To my surprise after 2 oil changes the cans where almost topped off with oil, water and what smelt like gas. (See the pictures below) I was surprised and a bit worried, I daily drive my car but I work only 8 miles from my job so I don't put many miles on her. Occasionally I will have some fun but not too much fun and the car only has 41,000 miles. I would like to get your opinions on if this is normal or not? I checked my oil dipstick and it was clean and the same goes for the underside of the oil cap. I just cannot believe that all this "stuff" would be going through my motor if I didn't have catch cans installed.

ThanksGuys!
Attached Thumbnails Dual Radium Ctach Cans on the Evo X-passenger-s-side.png   Dual Radium Ctach Cans on the Evo X-passenger-s-side2.png   Dual Radium Ctach Cans on the Evo X-driver-s-side.png   Dual Radium Ctach Cans on the Evo X-driver-s-side2.png  

Last edited by Kris Pomilla; Feb 21, 2016 at 04:08 PM. Reason: grammer
Old Feb 21, 2016, 09:10 PM

no one?
Old Feb 22, 2016, 01:58 AM

is this VTA or recuirc? Cold weather / freezing temps + hot vapor out of the VC = excess condensation, thus your cans fill up significantly faster than they would in the summer or fall.

I empty mine every 2 weeks in the winter depending on if i beat it up. Maybe once every 5 weeks in the summer.
Old Feb 22, 2016, 05:50 AM

It's setup as a recirculated system. Thanks for the input, I have to check on them more often to make sure they don't overfill and push gunk back into the engine.
Old Feb 22, 2016, 10:33 AM
Evolved Member

Received 113 Likes on 101 Posts
Yeah, with the weather combined with daily driving and a short commute that's probably mostly water and totally normal. Most of that would have been coming out of your tailpipe as steam. Go on emptying them and enjoy the car.
Old Mar 2, 2016, 04:43 PM

Thanks for the Peace of Mind.