Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

got hit yesterday driving home :(

Search this Thread

Old Feb 28, 2016, 05:21 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by LB_Reddy
Your coverage should pay and fixed that driver side damaged.
yeah its getting fixed thank goodness. my collision place said the car was still about 8k shy of being totalled cant wait to get her back .
on a good note had x-rays done and there wasnt any broken or fractured ribs so that eased my mind a bit,just really bad bruising.
Old Feb 29, 2016, 06:58 AM
Evolving Member

Received 29 Likes on 26 Posts
Glad to hear that they are fixing her instead of replacing, it wouldn't be the same knowing it's a different evo than the one you bought. But great news that you didn't have any serious injuries, did you get a rental car in the mean time while she's getting repaired?
Old Feb 29, 2016, 06:58 PM

Originally Posted by Evo>PS4?
Glad to hear that they are fixing her instead of replacing, it wouldn't be the same knowing it's a different evo than the one you bought. But great news that you didn't have any serious injuries, did you get a rental car in the mean time while she's getting repaired?
Yeah i just was able to get it Today lol...a hyundai elantra
Old Mar 17, 2016, 04:39 AM

Well im like a week(less hopefully haha) away from getting my evo back luckily where i was hit did not cause any damage to the bottom of the unibody so my collision place literally replaced the entire drivers side of the car. I cant wait to get her back.
Old Mar 17, 2016, 06:19 AM
Evolved Member

Received 91 Likes on 84 Posts
When you get her back TAKE YOUR TIME in the parking lot of the fix it place. Get up close and personal not just glance at it. Crawl under the ****ing thing and make sure they didn't cut any corners.

I had a repair once and found out later they just used a sawzall to cut away the inner well of the wheel well rather than replacing it. They may fix anything visible and just mickey mouse anything that you can't readily see.

Take your time, maybe get a bunch of pictures of a stock EVO undercarraige and wheel area so you can compare. You have one shot to make them fix it right. Good luck!!
Old Mar 17, 2016, 07:05 AM

Originally Posted by Napalm_Enema
When you get her back TAKE YOUR TIME in the parking lot of the fix it place. Get up close and personal not just glance at it. Crawl under the ****ing thing and make sure they didn't cut any corners.

I had a repair once and found out later they just used a sawzall to cut away the inner well of the wheel well rather than replacing it. They may fix anything visible and just mickey mouse anything that you can't readily see.

Take your time, maybe get a bunch of pictures of a stock EVO undercarraige and wheel area so you can compare. You have one shot to make them fix it right. Good luck!!
Oh believe me i am , i been up there every week looking making sure everything is being done correctly. Haha thanks
Old Mar 21, 2016, 07:56 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by blancoloco

Was on my way home from work yesterday, and a guy coming towards me hit Snow that had blown onto the street lost control and even though I tried to get out of the way it was too late. ... was able to walk away but the drivers side from behind the front wheel and front/rear doors were main impact .... been babying the car to ensure proper break in just rolled over 2200miles only had the car a month and a half. But things happen just glad this didnt happen while i had my fiat abarth would of been way worse for me im betting
I'm almost a month late on the forums, but I like to catch up being new here. I bought my FE 2/24/16 (without the consent of my wife... And if I had listened to her and not bought it, there were 2 guys who came in 5 minutes after my offer went through who also put in an offer, I wouldn't have got the car). I was on my way to showing a house and got rear ended by an Acura 2 days after I bought it with 290 miles on it. The guy who rear ended me was an insurance rep for progressive and refused to give me any info other than his policy number AND threatened to leave the scene because his company told him not to wait for the police ...So I filed a police report. My wife laughed. I guess I deserved it. I feel for you. Yours accident was definitely worse than mine. I deserved it for being a crappy-selfish husband. But I have my evo back after giving up my 06 because an ex dumped a house and car on me. As long as you can walk away, it's all good, brother!
Old Apr 7, 2016, 05:33 PM

Well im finally getting my car back tomorrow!!!!!!! Woo hoo haha. Looks beautiful. Shop was also nice enough to put my new wheels i ordered on and my swift spec r's as well will post after pics . Paint matches perfectly and no evidence of accident very happy
Old Apr 8, 2016, 06:04 AM
Evolving Member

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
that's great to hear. can't wait to see it with the new wheels and springs on.
Old Apr 8, 2016, 06:28 AM
Evolved Member

Received 91 Likes on 84 Posts
Originally Posted by blancoloco
Well im finally getting my car back tomorrow!!!!!!! Woo hoo haha. Looks beautiful. Shop was also nice enough to put my new wheels i ordered on and my swift spec r's as well will post after pics . Paint matches perfectly and no evidence of accident very happy
Awesome man enjoy!!! Post up some after pictures so we can wipe the horror of seeing your crushed EVO from our collective consciousness lol.
Old Apr 8, 2016, 04:49 PM

Originally Posted by ChipperEvo
that's great to hear. can't wait to see it with the new wheels and springs on.
pics added
Originally Posted by Napalm_Enema
Awesome man enjoy!!! Post up some after pictures so we can wipe the horror of seeing your crushed EVO from our collective consciousness lol.
haha well first post is updated with pics of finished car!!!
Old Apr 9, 2016, 06:32 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Congrats on getting her back. She looks real good, no one will ever know what that evil person did to her.
Old Apr 9, 2016, 07:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Congrats bro looks great
Old Apr 9, 2016, 07:55 PM

Thanks guys very happy with the end product
Old Apr 11, 2016, 05:50 AM
Evolving Member

Received 29 Likes on 26 Posts
You got your evo at south suburban! I drove over there to pick up mine too! I thought they were kinda pushy about the whole thing, but I got a good deal so it's fine.

Quick Reply: got hit yesterday driving home :(