Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

purchasing a new 2015 evo x

Search this Thread

Old Apr 15, 2016, 08:49 AM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Tucci_973
Hi, just got my 15' Evo X in October. I had an 05 G35 coupe for 5 years before that. Let me just tell you I do not miss it one bit the Evo take the VQ and Z in every way. Awd, sedan, boost, trunk space is kinda butt, but I never have passengers so my back seat can double as my trunk lol just saying it's definitely a step up. I'm in New Jersey so my G was useless in the winter meanwhile the Evo it's actually pretty good even with summer tires on (and responsible driving) I'm leasing my 15 but my dealership is awesome I can do full bolt ons, suspension and stuff and not loose my warranty. They even advised me to get a Cobb ap for uploading an open source to or just using those maps and that way I could flash back to stock if warranty work is needed. I guess it varies from dealer to dealer, you would just have to talk to yours. I know I plan on buying mine after the lease otherwise I wouldn't have modded it.

How much was you evo x? how much are you leasing it for per month? how much did you down? I love my Z, whereever i go it turns heads but Yea need a better all year car so I might jump the gun on the evo x this month. it's a white 2015 evo x base. $3000 down with $299/month. 3 year lease and I will be keeping it afterward also.
Old Apr 15, 2016, 08:50 AM
Evolving Member

is buying an evo x with projector worth the extra money? I was thinking about just getting the base and buy the depo headlights and insert evo-r projectors from retrofit.
Old Apr 15, 2016, 09:08 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by joonvang
How much was you evo x? how much are you leasing it for per month? how much did you down? I love my Z, whereever i go it turns heads but Yea need a better all year car so I might jump the gun on the evo x this month. it's a white 2015 evo x base. $3000 down with $299/month. 3 year lease and I will be keeping it afterward also.
My Evo was 35,XXX for a pretty much base octane blue only package it had was mud flaps and all season matts to go with the regular matts. I got the Evo for 33k I put a little over 2k down and I'm paying $350 a month for a 3 year lease residual is roughly 19k. I loved my G too I know exactly what you mean but since I purchased the Evo I haven't thought about it once lol
Old Apr 15, 2016, 09:11 AM

Originally Posted by joonvang
is buying an evo x with projector worth the extra money? I was thinking about just getting the base and buy the depo headlights and insert evo-r projectors from retrofit.
I didn't get projectors on mine but I'm gonna do like you said depo lights, upgrade the projectors black housing with some demon eyes and halos. I got quoted 500 for it, but it will probably go up because upgraded projectors weren't included in the quote
Old Apr 15, 2016, 10:52 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Tucci_973
I didn't get projectors on mine but I'm gonna do like you said depo lights, upgrade the projectors black housing with some demon eyes and halos. I got quoted 500 for it, but it will probably go up because upgraded projectors weren't included in the quote

ok I will be going down this route too. thanks for the quick reply
Old Apr 16, 2016, 04:20 AM
Evolving Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Dandbest
If your residual is 21k, that's about 60% which I find very optimistic. In any case, without putting money down and financing the taxes the payment would be around $450 depending on what the money factor is. When you buy the car off lease, you also get to pay tax on the remaining $21k which will bring you back up to around $23k depending on your sales tax rate, at which point there will be no money to be made. So long story short, the exit plan isn't there, and he'd be paying $450 a month meanwhile assuming no money down.
Not sure what you mean by "optimistic" because the residual is set by Mitsubishi and not negotiable. It was I believe 59% at the time I leased a year ago. Tax in my state is 6% so I would pay another 1200. So I'd be getting a 3 year old evo that I know has been babied since day one for 22k. Or I can sell for most likely an amount significantly higher than that.
Old Apr 16, 2016, 12:02 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by AngryEvo
Not sure what you mean by "optimistic" because the residual is set by Mitsubishi and not negotiable. It was I believe 59% at the time I leased a year ago. Tax in my state is 6% so I would pay another 1200. So I'd be getting a 3 year old evo that I know has been babied since day one for 22k. Or I can sell for most likely an amount significantly higher than that.
what was msrp on your car?
Old Apr 17, 2016, 01:34 PM
Evolving Member

Msrp was 35875 plus the dealer add ons of 1999 for wheels, tint, etc.
Old Apr 17, 2016, 05:47 PM
Evolving Member

Msrp was 35875 plus the dealer add ons of 1999 for wheels, tint, etc.
Wheels and such don't residualize, so you paid for them out of pocket or rolled them in the payment. Based on a 35875 msrp, and a 59% residual, your buyout should be 21166.25+tax 1269 makes 22435. Meanwhile, you've been making $450+ a month payments assuming no money down. If you did put money down, you effectively prepaid that amount. Looking at auction values (I can post a screenshot if you'd like), 2012 Evos that are now 3 years old, sell for 20-23k. So no, I don't believe there is any money to be made on buying at the end and reselling. Also, if you take 450*36, thats 16200+22435=38635 and that assumes you pay cash at the end of the lease the remaining 22435. If you paid finance charge, depending on the interest rate, you will pay another 2-3k. Had the car been purchased to begin with, it would come out at least 5 grand cheaper in the long run.
Old Apr 18, 2016, 11:34 AM
Evolving Member

Coming from a guy who keeps his car in a plastic bubble I can understand why you are trying to over analyze this situation but chill out a little.
Buddy, listen. First of all we are simply talking about a way for someone to get into an evo at an affordable payment. And at the end of 3 years being able to sell for more than is owed or buy a used evo that you know was treated well, by you. That is all, no one is talking about making money and yes of course it costs more when two financing companies are involved.
Secondly, you are also assuming that I paid msrp. Which I did not. I paid way under that. You do realize that you can actually negotiate the price of a lease right? In addition to you knowing it all know this, I also didn't pay for the upgrades the dealer ate the cost as well. Auction cars are for dealers to buy lease returns and total loses, no one sells a pristine evo at auction and if they do they are paying auction fees on top of it. Screenshot that all you want. 3 year old evos are way higher in resale value than your 20-23 or whatever you are talking about. Hop on autotrader or cars.com to see what real people actually sell/pay for.
At the end of 3 years I will definitely put more than the 22-23k I owe in my pocket. So your figures make sense in some world, just not mine.
Old Apr 18, 2016, 11:54 AM
Evolving Member

Coming from a guy who keeps his car in a plastic bubble I can understand why you are trying to over analyze this situation but chill out a little.
Buddy, listen. First of all we are simply talking about a way for someone to get into an evo at an affordable payment. And at the end of 3 years being able to sell for more than is owed or buy a used evo that you know was treated well, by you. That is all, no one is talking about making money and yes of course it costs more when two financing companies are involved.
Secondly, you are also assuming that I paid msrp. Which I did not. I paid way under that. You do realize that you can actually negotiate the price of a lease right? In addition to you knowing it all know this, I also didn't pay for the upgrades the dealer ate the cost as well. Auction cars are for dealers to buy lease returns and total loses, no one sells a pristine evo at auction and if they do they are paying auction fees on top of it. Screenshot that all you want. 3 year old evos are way higher in resale value than your 20-23 or whatever you are talking about. Hop on autotrader or cars.com to see what real people actually sell/pay for.
At the end of 3 years I will definitely put more than the 22-23k I owe in my pocket. So your figures make sense in some world, just not mine.
You have me confused with someone else on the plastic bubble thing, but its neither here nor there. You live in your reality, I'll live in mine.
Old Apr 25, 2016, 01:14 PM
Evolving Member

Idk guys. the mitsubishi dealer I've been trying to work with is being unresponsive. I've contacted the financial place to have my credit application submitted and was told that they'll contact me tomorrow to tell me the result. it's been 5 business day and I've been trying to get a hold of them and no one knows nothing about my credit app. been trying to get a hold of that lady that submitted my app but had been to no unveil. maybe this is a sign I should be getting an STI? WAY better customer service from them. like seriously though I love evos man why do they have to do this to me. I'll give it 5 more days if not than screw it.
Old Apr 26, 2016, 06:39 AM
Evolving Member

So, one dealer is incompetent and because of that you'll buy a completely different make that's worse in every way? No other dealers you can contact? Maybe you should buy the STI
Old Apr 26, 2016, 07:11 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Dandbest
So, one dealer is incompetent and because of that you'll buy a completely different make that's worse in every way? No other dealers you can contact? Maybe you should buy the STI
I was jk about the sti part. as for contacting the other dealers. did that already. just waiting now
Old Apr 27, 2016, 06:17 PM

I've never owned a Z... but if your Z never rattles... then you might miss it the first time your evo rattles. On a canyon road though... haha what Z?

Quick Reply: purchasing a new 2015 evo x