Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

purchasing a new 2015 evo x

Search this Thread

Old Apr 11, 2016, 08:20 AM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
purchasing a new 2015 evo x

Hello everyone,

I'm new on this forum and would like to get your opinions on getting a new Evo x. A little back story, so I'm currently DD a 08 350z. it's an awsome car but it's time for something new. considering where I live where the winter months can get bad and soon to be marry in a couple of years the evo x to me is my ideal family car without loosing the fun. question is how reliable is a stock evo x or 400 hp below with proper tuning? I still owe about $14,000 on my z and was planning on trading that in and possibly leasing out an evo x. Ive been researching but would like new opinion since the majority of the threads I've seen are old. is leasing an evo x a good idea? pros and cons about the evo x? will I regret going from the z to the evo x as in performance? all of your opinions are appreciated.

thank you
Old Apr 11, 2016, 10:13 AM
Evolving Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
1. Leasing an Evo, then modifying it is a bad idea. Aside from loosing your warranty, you will be spending money on something that doesn't belong to you.
2. Properly tuned, a 400 whp Evo is fairly reliable.
3. You will not miss the Z. At all. Ever.
The following users liked this post:
luisluqin12 (Apr 14, 2016)
Old Apr 11, 2016, 10:23 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Dandbest
1. Leasing an Evo, then modifying it is a bad idea. Aside from loosing your warranty, you will be spending money on something that doesn't belong to you.
2. Properly tuned, a 400 whp Evo is fairly reliable.
3. You will not miss the Z. At all. Ever.
I should've made the leasing part clearer but Yea for the duration of the leasing part if I do decide to go this route and under the warranty I don't plan on doing anything major to it. maybe wheels and minor exterior mods. That's cool maybe I won't be missing the Z as much than.
Old Apr 11, 2016, 10:30 AM
Evolved Member

Received 91 Likes on 84 Posts
The part where you said you would regret the EVO over the 08 350 was lol.

Don't lease it because you know you're going to modify it.
Old Apr 11, 2016, 10:35 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Napalm_Enema
The part where you said you would regret the EVO over the 08 350 was lol.

Don't lease it because you know you're going to modify it.
it is what it is. Isnt modding the car fine as long as I know that I'll be buying it when the lease ends? as far as modding goes, just minor exterior cosmetic. no internals/crazy mods that will void the warranty.
Old Apr 11, 2016, 11:18 AM
Evolving Member

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts
Unless you're lease is a lease to own?!
Old Apr 11, 2016, 11:32 AM
Evolving Member

Received 29 Likes on 26 Posts
I think every evo owner here has started with the "I won't change much, just a few things here and there." That whole idea never lasts. Before you know it you'll be installing full bolt-ons and getting a tune, pushing 350whp and loving every minute of it.

As for if it's worth it to trade in a z that you owe $14k on, I would find somebody local and have them take you for a drive in their evo. See if you like the power and the way it feels when driving. Also keep in mind that finding a gently used 2014 might be a better idea than a new 2015, but then you lose the leasing and have to get a loan for the full amount.

Maybe try and sell the Z to get a little more money out of it? You tend to lose alot of money when trading in.
Old Apr 11, 2016, 12:17 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by evostanman
Unless you're lease is a lease to own?!

Yes I will be buying the car after the lease.
Old Apr 11, 2016, 12:21 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Epyon
I think every evo owner here has started with the "I won't change much, just a few things here and there." That whole idea never lasts. Before you know it you'll be installing full bolt-ons and getting a tune, pushing 350whp and loving every minute of it.

As for if it's worth it to trade in a z that you owe $14k on, I would find somebody local and have them take you for a drive in their evo. See if you like the power and the way it feels when driving. Also keep in mind that finding a gently used 2014 might be a better idea than a new 2015, but then you lose the leasing and have to get a loan for the full amount.

Maybe try and sell the Z to get a little more money out of it? You tend to lose alot of money when trading in.

I don't know anyone with an EVo but I would assume the STI would have a similar sensation correct? If that's the case I'll just hop into my buddies STI Hatch. Well I did ride in it once when it was stock. I did love the power when the turbo came on. Addicting. As for the 2014 EVO. I've been searching for a year now from where I live and so far only one came up but was sold as fast as it came (love the recaros). Also is it worth getting the EVO with projectors?
Old Apr 11, 2016, 12:29 PM
Evolving Member

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts
Why lease if you plan to buy the car at the end of the lease? Just buy the car in the first place.
Old Apr 11, 2016, 12:36 PM

I owned a STi, and just did a lot of test drives of different Z cars, also owned a 1981 ZX. Turbos are completely different. There is no power in normal driving but if you go above 3k in RPM then the car changes dramatically. Boost is addictive, you will not regret it. Plus, it is power when you need it, you can cruise without boost just fine, but you won't when you get the boost drug.
Old Apr 11, 2016, 12:37 PM
Evolving Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
A used 2014 will always be a worse deal than a new 2015 if you're financing simply because the interest rates on new cars are always cheaper by 2-3 points. You'd also be getting a new car that hasn't been touched by people you don't know. Recaros you can always swap in, as well as a variety of other seats.
Old Apr 11, 2016, 12:39 PM
Evolving Member

Received 29 Likes on 26 Posts
Originally Posted by XGon'GiveItToYa
Why lease if you plan to buy the car at the end of the lease? Just buy the car in the first place.
I think most people do it for the lower monthly payment on the first three years, then they can have the higher monthly the last 3-4 years when they own the car. Idk though, I just bought my car.
Old Apr 12, 2016, 05:42 AM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Do what you need to do to get the Evo, you won't regret it, that's for damn sure!
Old Apr 14, 2016, 04:33 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by ChrisB
Do what you need to do to get the Evo, you won't regret it, that's for damn sure!

I concur!!!!

Quick Reply: purchasing a new 2015 evo x