Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

2015 Evo X Whine Noise

Search this Thread

Old Jun 6, 2016, 04:56 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2015 Evo X Whine Noise

Hello guys,

My Evo X has a very low whine noise on IDLE at some point and I can make the noise when im in first gear with the clutch pedal fully in the noise is not there, but when I get to the friction point and hold it I can hear it constantly. The car has 2800KM. The idle is not stable also (moves between 800/1000 but its not always at the same place). There's no any sign of power loss or anything. Car has never been launched.

Any ideas what it could be? Is it normal and I should let it be or bring it to the dealer? I have had the car for about a year now.

Thanks in advance!
Old Jun 7, 2016, 04:03 AM
Evolving Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
If you're still under warranty, it's a no-brainer to take it to the dealer. They'd have more tools/experience to diagnose, and I think you shouldn't be charge the diagnostic fee, since it could be a warranty issue.
The following users liked this post:
p4tr1ckk (Jun 7, 2016)
Old Jun 7, 2016, 10:10 AM

Originally Posted by HatrixMouse
If you're still under warranty, it's a no-brainer to take it to the dealer. They'd have more tools/experience to diagnose, and I think you shouldn't be charge the diagnostic fee, since it could be a warranty issue.
Thanks Hatrix, I will bring it there. Just hope its nothing serious since the car is brand new.
Old Jun 7, 2016, 10:31 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by p4tr1ckk
Hello guys,

My Evo X has a very low whine noise on IDLE at some point and I can make the noise when im in first gear with the clutch pedal fully in the noise is not there, but when I get to the friction point and hold it I can hear it constantly. The car has 2800KM. The idle is not stable also (moves between 800/1000 but its not always at the same place). There's no any sign of power loss or anything. Car has never been launched.

Any ideas what it could be? Is it normal and I should let it be or bring it to the dealer? I have had the car for about a year now.

Thanks in advance!

How have you had an Evo for a year an only put 2800km on it? The engine still really isn't broken in yet. My Evo did the same thing as well in the first 2000km. I wouldn't be to worried about it. Same thing happened to mine. The noise will go away.
p4tr1ckk (Jun 7, 2016)
Old Jun 7, 2016, 10:57 AM
Evolving Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
I love when new how they smoke and smell like it might catch on fire. I've had 3 Evolution 10s since 2008 and they all did it. It goes away somewhere around that 600 mile mark.
p4tr1ckk (Jun 7, 2016)
Old Jun 7, 2016, 12:05 PM

Originally Posted by VDubJCabe
How have you had an Evo for a year an only put 2800km on it? The engine still really isn't broken in yet. My Evo did the same thing as well in the first 2000km. I wouldn't be to worried about it. Same thing happened to mine. The noise will go away.
I bought it in June last year and it was stored all winter and its more a weekend car for me. I even did oil change before storage and after and I dont want the dealer to go through the full car to fix that small noise. Also the dealer, did not tell me about the breaking time and how I should drive it for the first 5000km. Thanks for your answer

Originally Posted by BlueBlurSTi
I love when new how they smoke and smell like it might catch on fire. I've had 3 Evolution 10s since 2008 and they all did it. It goes away somewhere around that 600 mile mark.
Haha, I always see alot of black smoke when I get on it but I dont get any burned smell haha. Thanks, im pretty sure it will go away.