Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

New evo owner, help me figure out what I've got?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 23, 2016, 12:06 PM
Evolved Member

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
I would think most of the USB cables are for the head-unit. I know a lot of newer headunits come with a couple female USB's in order to use with android and/or apple products.

The rest of this is all guesswork based on descriptions. Some pictures of the cables and their locations might help.

Lastly, from the dealership images the car looks bone stock for the most part besides a cobb UICP and maybe an exhaust? This makes me think:
1) Either the car wasn't ever modded very much and just basically had a tune.
2) The care was heavier modified, but returned to stock as best as was reasonable in order to sell.

If it's #2, then that means the tune on the car could be done for different parts then are currently on the car. This means your driving a dangerous setup, and is why everyone is saying have the tune checked.
The following users liked this post:
Kevvsworld (Aug 23, 2016)
Old Aug 23, 2016, 12:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ddawg1130

The rest of this is all guesswork based on descriptions. Some pictures of the cables and their locations might help.

I will get pics up ASAP. I wanna know what's up with some of this stuff. Thanks so much.

Kevin
Old Aug 23, 2016, 01:08 PM
Evolved Member

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts
Back this up a little so your not sure if the car runs 93 or e85 basically it sounds like? Dude driving this thing sounds super sketchy..
Old Aug 23, 2016, 01:33 PM

Originally Posted by hoobastnk90
Back this up a little so your not sure if the car runs 93 or e85 basically it sounds like? Dude driving this thing sounds super sketchy..
Drives awesome. If the flexfuel is active, doesn't matter what octane I'm running. I also have a bumper to bumper warranty for the next 6 years from the dealership I bought it from. If it goes wrong, it's out of their pocket while I drive the loaner they pay for.
Old Aug 23, 2016, 01:40 PM
Evolved Member

Man your putting a lot of faith into some other guys mods. I mean at the end of the day the car was a trade in. And most people don't just trade cars in for no reason. I mean it does happen but usually there is a reason the person doesn't want to deal with it. Well hopefully it all works out good luck with the new car.
Old Aug 23, 2016, 01:52 PM
Evolved Member

Received 91 Likes on 84 Posts
Originally Posted by Kevvsworld
Drives awesome. If the flexfuel is active, doesn't matter what octane I'm running. I also have a bumper to bumper warranty for the next 6 years from the dealership I bought it from. If it goes wrong, it's out of their pocket while I drive the loaner they pay for.

Man if you think a dealership is going to warranty anything on that car especially since it is running non OEM fuel trim and tune / parts you are crazy.

Go get a refund for your extended warranty asap as you are seriously just burning that pile of cash with zero to return on it.
Old Aug 23, 2016, 02:18 PM
Evolved Member

Truth! ^
Old Aug 23, 2016, 03:13 PM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Napalm_Enema

Man if you think a dealership is going to warranty anything on that car especially since it is running non OEM fuel trim and tune / parts you are crazy.

Go get a refund for your extended warranty asap as you are seriously just burning that pile of cash with zero to return on it.
Even crazier if he thinks mitsu will pick up the tab for a rental.
Old Aug 23, 2016, 03:30 PM

Originally Posted by jakeleclair2000
Even crazier if he thinks mitsu will pick up the tab for a rental.
Mitsu has nothing to do with the warranty. I have it all in writing. The warranty covers the car and all of its modifications bumper to bumper signed and sealed by the lot that sold me the car. I'm not a dumb punk kid. Not sure why all the grief. I will let you know how it turns out. Pics coming.

Last edited by Kevvsworld; Aug 23, 2016 at 03:55 PM.
Old Aug 23, 2016, 03:48 PM

Sucks you guys are giving me such grief. I hoped to get some help. Here are some pics.
Old Aug 23, 2016, 03:52 PM

More pics

Cat

O2

Exhaust to back

Conn exhaust

Accessport connection

Looks like a phone charge cable but it's too short

AWC button relocated? Toggle? USB?

Custom cubbie?

Male and female USB in glove box.

Old Aug 23, 2016, 03:53 PM

Cobb* exhaust, sorry.
Old Aug 23, 2016, 05:52 PM
Evolved Member

Received 91 Likes on 84 Posts
Originally Posted by Kevvsworld
Mitsu has nothing to do with the warranty. I have it all in writing. The warranty covers the car and all of its modifications bumper to bumper signed and sealed by the lot that sold me the car. I'm not a dumb punk kid. Not sure why all the grief. I will let you know how it turns out. Pics coming.
Not grief, we are being 100% level with you and trying to help you.

The INSTANT you have an issue with that car, you need to take it to an EVO shop to fix it. That's just logical right there. The place that built it would be ideal. What you would never do, is drop your specialized modified EVO at that dealership and believe for a second that they would have a snowballs chance in hell of fixing it.

You're just setting yourself up for heartache, just trying to help, honestly.

So you are best served by getting your money back on the warranty and just putting some money away into a savings account for the 'wtf' moments that may or may not happen.

But trust ALL of us when we say - Your warranty will not be honored for the simple reason they have no idea how to fix your car, if it had an issue.

Now you could certainly spend all your time fighting for something that will never happen, in the future, or save your time, effort, and money, and just get a refund for the warranty and form a relationship with a good shop in your area.

Good luck, and I mean that. Any advice given here has been from enthusiasts to a new guy, you, with the BEST of intentions and trying to save you money and pain with your new car.

Just saw the pictures, looks like a professional install so you're off to a good start. I'd still get it looked at by the shop that built it so you understand it better. You may have a fuel switching program built into your car that allows you to switch between 93 and e85 for instance. The more you know the better you will be equipped to have a long lasting car
Old Aug 23, 2016, 05:58 PM

Originally Posted by Napalm_Enema
Not grief, we are being 100% level with you and trying to help you.

The INSTANT you have an issue with that car, you need to take it to an EVO shop to fix it. That's just logical right there. The place that built it would be ideal. What you would never do, is drop your specialized modified EVO at that dealership and believe for a second that they would have a snowballs chance in hell of fixing it.

You're just setting yourself up for heartache, just trying to help, honestly.

So you are best served by getting your money back on the warranty and just putting some money away into a savings account for the 'wtf' moments that may or may not happen.

But trust ALL of us when we say - Your warranty will not be honored for the simple reason they have no idea how to fix your car, if it had an issue.

Now you could certainly spend all your time fighting for something that will never happen, in the future, or save your time, effort, and money, and just get a refund for the warranty and form a relationship with a good shop in your area.

Good luck, and I mean that. Any advice given here has been from enthusiasts to a new guy, you, with the BEST of intentions and trying to save you money and pain with your new car.

Just saw the pictures, looks like a professional install so you're off to a good start. I'd still get it looked at by the shop that built it so you understand it better. You may have a fuel switching program built into your car that allows you to switch between 93 and e85 for instance. The more you know the better you will be equipped to have a long lasting car
Awesome. Thanks. I'm done talking about the warranty.
How about some info on any of the modifications in the pictures? Any input from anyone?
Old Aug 24, 2016, 06:19 AM
Evolved Member

Received 47 Likes on 41 Posts
Well, It looks like most of the parts are very high quality.. Thats a good start.
But, most tunes are not "Flex-fuel", meaning you can't just go and dump in E-85 if you want. It's either on the 93 or E85 and you prolly have to switch it in the Cobb AP.

Try this.. Check in the Cobb AP with the car on, and go to info and see what Map it says is installed. If it is married to the car still, then it will tell you, if it isn't you are probably on the stock map, which is not good.

You may also be able to find the tuner and installer of this stuff because sometimes the maps in the AP will have info on who the tune came from..

But I would take everyone's advice and go to an Evo specialty shop if you can't find anything. Even if you bought a stock Evo, I would want to make sure and see what I have. We can all see the Cobb bolt-ons and a fuel pressure gauge.. But we don't know what else is done. Is there an aftermarket turbo?? Because with a gauge and E-85, it would sure make sense to have a bigger turbo..

There is just no telling. I would suggest to do a little research in the AP, see if you can find anything, and if not baby it and take it to a shop.
The following users liked this post:
Kevvsworld (Aug 24, 2016)

Quick Reply: New evo owner, help me figure out what I've got?