Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

ETS Quiet Suitable for Newborn?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 2, 2016, 07:24 AM
Evolving Member

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts
ETS Quiet Suitable for Newborn?

Hey everyone,

Wife and I are having a kiddo next June and I currently have the ETS v2 on the car, which is going to be way too loud for a baby. Would the ETS Quiet be better? I've heard the Quiet many of times and actually love the way it sounds over the v2 regular. I'm concerned about letting off the gas and having that loud drone. Thanks for any input.
Old Nov 2, 2016, 07:29 AM
Evolved Member

Received 99 Likes on 94 Posts
Originally Posted by Cloud0307
Hey everyone,

Wife and I are having a kiddo next June and I currently have the ETS v2 on the car, which is going to be way too loud for a baby. Would the ETS Quiet be better? I've heard the Quiet many of times and actually love the way it sounds over the v2 regular. I'm concerned about letting off the gas and having that loud drone. Thanks for any input.
I have the ETS V2 quiet on mine and I don't think it's too loud. Are toy running a test pipe? If you are you could put the cat back on or get a high flow cat to help muffle some of the noise. You could also get the ETS exhaust that has the resonator in the mid pipe to help with drone.
The following users liked this post:
Cloud0307 (Nov 2, 2016)
Old Nov 2, 2016, 07:43 AM
Evolved Member

Received 91 Likes on 84 Posts
Babies love loud exhausts. They will probably go to sleep faster with the exhaust than without it. Enjoy and don't fret... babies are tough and enjoy fun cars.
Old Nov 2, 2016, 07:43 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'm not sure about the ETS Quiet but i have a downpipe and test pipe and have the Corsa catback its not loud at all and there's no drone whatsoever. Corsa's trademark is no drone. I'd definitely recommend it. I'm actually going to sell it eventually because it isn't loud enough for what i want.
Cloud0307 (Nov 2, 2016)
Old Nov 2, 2016, 08:08 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 54 Likes on 43 Posts
What turbo, cams, downpipe, test/HFC setup do you have? Those play huge factors in how loud the car is.

- Robert
Old Nov 2, 2016, 08:27 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Cloud0307
Hey everyone,

i have a ets quiet on my evo which i thought it was gunna quiet but you can stil hear it and its not as quiet as you would think, i wanted to do my evo as a stealth evo and it is but you can not hide the sound
Old Nov 2, 2016, 08:40 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by e_kobz
I have the ETS V2 quiet on mine and I don't think it's too loud. Are toy running a test pipe? If you are you could put the cat back on or get a high flow cat to help muffle some of the noise. You could also get the ETS exhaust that has the resonator in the mid pipe to help with drone.
Yes, should have mentioned that. I have an AMS hfc. That's a great idea. Thanks for always being so helpful with my posts Kobz!

Originally Posted by Napalm_Enema
Babies love loud exhausts. They will probably go to sleep faster with the exhaust than without it. Enjoy and don't fret... babies are tough and enjoy fun cars.
Haha! Can't wait
Old Nov 2, 2016, 08:48 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by ETS Michael
What turbo, cams, downpipe, test/HFC setup do you have? Those play huge factors in how loud the car is.

- Robert

GTX3076, AMS downpipe with cat, AMS HFC
Old Nov 2, 2016, 09:05 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 54 Likes on 43 Posts
The HFC helps. The turbo will make it louder. I will say its a giant improvement over the V2 for quieting the car down. Especially the drone. You shouldn't have any drone with that setup. The best part is you only have to purchase the rear section of the exhaust. I think you will be happy with the quiet. I have it on my car and I really like it.

- Robert
Cloud0307 (Nov 2, 2016)
Old Nov 2, 2016, 09:05 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 1,543 Likes on 1,322 Posts
The bigger turbo makes the exhaust louder, and so does having something other than the stock cat.

My GF has the ETS quiet on her MR, but it's just the catback and everything else is stock. Its sort of loud outside the car, I can very clearly here her pull away from the house and down the street in the morning, but I think that would be any aftermarket exhaust. Inside the car the sound is perfect, nice tone and volume when accelerating normally, good bark at WOT, but cruising steady state drone is minimal and not invasive or annoying.
The following 2 users liked this post by LetsGetThisDone:
Cloud0307 (Nov 2, 2016), run1206 (Nov 8, 2016)
Old Nov 2, 2016, 09:19 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by letsgetthisdone
The bigger turbo makes the exhaust louder, and so does having something other than the stock cat.

My GF has the ETS quiet on her MR, but it's just the catback and everything else is stock. Its sort of loud outside the car, I can very clearly here her pull away from the house and down the street in the morning, but I think that would be any aftermarket exhaust. Inside the car the sound is perfect, nice tone and volume when accelerating normally, good bark at WOT, but cruising steady state drone is minimal and not invasive or annoying.

Thank you for this. Looks like I'll be purchasing a new Quiet exhaust. Loooove the way it sounds. Now to sell my V2...
Old Nov 2, 2016, 04:57 PM

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
I have the speed circuit exhaust on my car and my daughter loves it. loved it since the day she was born
Old Nov 3, 2016, 06:21 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by redlightrunner
I have the speed circuit exhaust on my car and my daughter loves it. loved it since the day she was born
Never heard of that exhaust. Just listened to some clips on youtube. Sounds great!
Old Nov 3, 2016, 06:43 AM

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
the kid will be fine, but the wife that could be a different story.
Old Nov 3, 2016, 09:05 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by redlightrunner
the kid will be fine, but the wife that could be a different story.
She already says its too loud. I have been a mess with exhausts. I had the Cobb exhaust on my car and couldn't really hear it. I then went to the ETS V2 and my friend had the Quiet so I tried that for awhile. Loved it! Went back to the V2 and now I need the Quiet again. I'm a royal mess.

Quick Reply: ETS Quiet Suitable for Newborn?