Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Authentic ARC parts

Search this Thread

Old Apr 4, 2017, 02:01 PM
Evolving Member

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts
Authentic ARC parts

Hey guys,

I'm relatively late to the Evo scene (just bought mine last year) and seem to have missed the party when it comes to JDM parts... I still have appreciation for anything ARC and have been scooping up every part I can find for these things. Fortunately it seems like the company still produces some stuff and that makes my life a little bit easier.

I received my latest little dealio from RHD Japan in the mail today (blow off pipe) and got a little curious when I saw that the pipe does not have ARC etched in it anywhere - it's just a blank little piece of bent aluminum. It could be an ebay part for all I know - pretty sure everything in the package with the clamps and couplers is real - but the actual pipe is questionable.

Does anyone have insight into how to spot a fake ARC product? Has this even been an issue in the past? I've always considered RHD to be pretty reputable.
-asher

Old Apr 4, 2017, 02:07 PM
Evolving Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Yeah I would be upset if it got delivered and didn't have the logo on it.
Like you said, it could be a knock off for all you know.
Best of luck..
Old Apr 4, 2017, 02:07 PM
Evolved Member

Received 138 Likes on 114 Posts
hmm, id be suspicious too. Sometimes for smaller parts these manufactures don't even bother with branding them. rhdjapan is a trustworthy site overall. Everything I've ordered from them has come to me with logos, stickers, or something to show it originated from that company. maybe you just happened to receive one without anything? it's also usually easy to tell if you got a replica based on quality. Then again it's hard to tell the quality when it's just a pipe..
Old Apr 4, 2017, 02:53 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by blkmambaVENOM
hmm, id be suspicious too. Sometimes for smaller parts these manufactures don't even bother with branding them. rhdjapan is a trustworthy site overall. Everything I've ordered from them has come to me with logos, stickers, or something to show it originated from that company. maybe you just happened to receive one without anything? it's also usually easy to tell if you got a replica based on quality. Then again it's hard to tell the quality when it's just a pipe..

That's a valid point - the catch can I bought from Beatrush isn't branded aside from the oil cap and not one single part from YR Advance has the logo on it either. Every picture ive seen of this pipe has the logo etched into it.

I guess I'm just a little disappointed maybe - who knows. I submitted a ticket into their system asking how to verify the authenticity of this part considering the one they show in the image has the logo as well. I'll keep this thread updated.

-asher
Old Apr 5, 2017, 04:28 AM
Evolving Member

Spoke with Russell over at RHD last night. Apparently the restructuring that ARC went through a few years ago caused some changes to be made to their models. The etched logos on the smaller pieces fell victim to budget cuts and cost analysis. Shame really.

-asher
Old Apr 5, 2017, 06:41 AM
EvoM Community Team

Received 62 Likes on 59 Posts
Good to know about ARC and budget cuts.

Definitely had great luck with RHD and japanparts in the past.
Old Apr 5, 2017, 12:46 PM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
No more logos on their pipes, if from rhd it's real.
Old Apr 8, 2017, 05:40 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
RHD shows the pipe with the logo in the picture, if the logo was the reason you bought it you should ask for a refund. I assume that is why you bought it since functionality wise its a pipe same as others.
Old Apr 10, 2017, 06:07 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by TheoJC
RHD shows the pipe with the logo in the picture, if the logo was the reason you bought it you should ask for a refund. I assume that is why you bought it since functionality wise its a pipe same as others.

Yes it did and if I'm being honest that's most of the reason, yes sir. Figured it would have looked nice sitting next to my intake box - but oh well.

They told me that they flagged the picture for removal... Chalked it up to a lesson learned and installed the part because I didn't want to deal with the hassle of having to return it and i'll just keep an eye out for "old" generation ARC stuff I suppose.

-asher