Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Does removing the side vents make the car look better?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 9, 2017, 12:53 PM
Evolved Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Does removing the side vents make the car look better?

I guess the purpose of this post is for pictures. I'm looking to see if I remove my side vents if it will look better or worse. Has anybody ever considered removing the side vent and then putting in some kind of mesh to cover up the gap? Is the gap really noticeable? I just like the look of the long cover removed and having the two black space spaced out. But if it looks cheesy close up then I need opinions.

Thanks.
Old Aug 9, 2017, 01:25 PM
Evolving Member

Received 23 Likes on 23 Posts
Originally Posted by TxFAkuma
I guess the purpose of this post is for pictures. I'm looking to see if I remove my side vents if it will look better or worse. Has anybody ever considered removing the side vent and then putting in some kind of mesh to cover up the gap? Is the gap really noticeable? I just like the look of the long cover removed and having the two black space spaced out. But if it looks cheesy close up then I need opinions.

Thanks.
I had mine off for about 4 months.... it was cool at first but when you get up close to the car you see right into the fender and the back side of the liner. I also run by boost line back there on the driver side so you could also see that too... My friends were always trying to cut it as a joke LOL. leave them on or get carbon ones. you can also just google this for some pics as well.
The following users liked this post:
TxFAkuma (Aug 9, 2017)
Old Aug 9, 2017, 01:27 PM
Evolved Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
I wanted more opinions rather than pictures. Yours helped. I will look into carbon ones that separate kinda like the look when it is off. I'm not a huge fan of the big long black thing they have oem.
Old Aug 9, 2017, 02:00 PM
Evolved Member

Received 91 Likes on 84 Posts
I've seen it in person it doesn't look right and you start staring at it knowing something is missing. It seems like a good idea, but is not.
Old Aug 10, 2017, 05:36 AM
Evolving Member

Received 23 Likes on 23 Posts
Originally Posted by TxFAkuma
I wanted more opinions rather than pictures. Yours helped. I will look into carbon ones that separate kinda like the look when it is off. I'm not a huge fan of the big long black thing they have oem.
The Seibon vents are what i was thinking about getting. They are Sick, take a look at the link below

http://www.evoxforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12456
The following users liked this post:
TxFAkuma (Aug 10, 2017)